UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cliff666 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59658  
Subject: Deleted Message Date: 2/18/2007 6:34 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 16
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: joseph714 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2343 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/18/2007 6:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
You know, I think that SP has pboxed me since he never responds to my posts asking him a direct question.

Cliff: Rather than you leaving, why not post & just ignore him?

After all why let the impression that "he has beaten you" get to you?

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2344 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/18/2007 6:57 PM
Recommendations: 7
Cliff: You miss the point.

It is rude to call another poster "seriously disturbed." This is the issue, and what makes such a post inappropriate. It should be FA'd.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2345 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/18/2007 6:59 PM
Recommendations: 6

Cliff: You miss the point.

It is rude to call another poster "seriously disturbed." This is the issue, and what makes such a post inappropriate. It should be FA'd.

Oy.

=

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2348 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/18/2007 7:23 PM
Recommendations: 29
If the liberals stop posting here, the terrorists win.

- Gus

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2350 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/18/2007 7:30 PM
Recommendations: 0

*** win. *** FA any post which even mentions ***.

I won't be posting here any more. Congratulations. *** have ruined this board for me. Get **** FA finger ready!

what Gus said.

=
..... and remember than anyone can FA a post.
......... and it's a great way to disturb a board.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2355 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/18/2007 8:28 PM
Recommendations: 8
I won't be posting here any more. Congratulations. You have ruined this board for me. Get your FA finger ready!

There's a far simpler solution. Stop engaging him. The penalty-box is a marvelous quieting tool for the noise from that part of the spectrum.

--FY

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2365 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:08 AM
You know, I think that SP has pboxed me since he never responds to my posts asking him a direct question.

What a nice compliment!

Author: montecfo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2375 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 9:56 AM

Oh my gosh, I just had the most amazing idea! Cliff, why not just totally outsmart Seattle Pioneer by POSTING CIVILLY? That will render him totally unable to "disrupt" this board by FA'ing your posts!

Montecfo
(I need to put that in the FAQ)

Author: joseph714 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2376 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 10:06 AM
Recommendations: 1

Joseph
--------------------

What a nice compliment!

Dorothy
-------------------------

Well, as iv'e stated, I really have no problem listening to disparate views. The real problem I see with SP & some others is that these people seem not really interested in a dialogue. Rather they appear to feel a need to set up a trap, catch those who become engaged just where it was designed, then they pounce.

This is the exact behaviour I watch when studying predacious raptors hunting in the field.

The trick is not to buy into the game of getting upset & caught in the first place.

As soon as the predators sense no "game in the field", they will get bored & move on.

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2377 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 10:14 AM
Recommendations: 4
The real problem I see with SP & some others is that these people seem not really interested in a dialogue. Rather they appear to feel a need to set up a trap, catch those who become engaged just where it was designed, then they pounce.

The real problem is that they DO want a dialog.

This "trap" that you feel you are being led into is a position chosen based upon feelings. Their "pounce", as GoofyHoofy so aptly identified, is the illogic of that particular position.

They (and I) are very interested in dialog. We're looking for a rational solutions to big problems.

It appears that many here are only worried about stroking each other's egos about how "compassionate" they are without actually caring about who's paying for it.

Honestly I strongly agree with GoofyHoofy, people of every religion and political stripe have very contradictory and inconsistent positions. Often these positions are taken because others in the groups they identify with hold that position.

I think we'd all do much better identifying these contradictions and weeding them out. We should not view attempts to identify and rectify contradictory positions as "pouncing", rather it's an opportunity to improve.

Jim

Author: DorothyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2378 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 10:20 AM
I think we'd all do much better identifying these contradictions and weeding them out. We should not view attempts to identify and rectify contradictory positions as "pouncing", rather it's an opportunity to improve.

In other words, TMF as an alternative to therapy.

Author: joseph714 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2380 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 10:39 AM

Jim
-----------

Right you are.

I wasn't stating that contradictory positions ought lead to any defensive mode, rather that buying into the games in the first place will lead less to the dialogue that both you & I are advocating.

Author: tenworlds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2382 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:02 AM

Oh my gosh, I just had the most amazing idea! Cliff, why not just totally outsmart Seattle Pioneer by POSTING CIVILLY? That will render him totally unable to "disrupt" this board by FA'ing your posts!
Montecfo

-----

That would work equally as well for your passive/aggressive blather. Stealth incivility (to get by the censors) is as incivil as a wide open flamefest, and just as disruptive.

Author: montecfo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2386 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:15 AM
Recommendations: 3
That would work equally as well for your passive/aggressive blather. Stealth incivility (to get by the censors) is as incivil as a wide open flamefest, and just as disruptive.

Yes. That from someone who loudly and repeatedly pretends to put people in his penalty box, while in reality constantly sending incivil responses to them.

Author: montecfo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2387 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:17 AM

Let me make sure I understand this: You are accusing me of posting civilly, just so my posts will not be pulled?

Hmm. Ok. I am guilty.

Montecfo
(wonders why some are not so "clever")

Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2388 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:19 AM
passive/aggressive blather.
This whole thread is getting nasty and insulting. Insults just lead to more insults, which is why it's a bad idea to call other posters names, regardless of your opinions of them.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2390 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:37 AM
Recommendations: 10
If the liberals stop posting here, the terrorists win.

- Gus

That may be true -- but maybe we should let them.
This morning I got an email from TMF informing me that one of my posts responding to SP had also been pulled. It contained no profanity of any kind. So it seems that SP and his buddies are being rather successful in killing this board.

Talking to conservatives/Republicans is not high on my list of things that I want to do with my life. I don't enjoy it in the least. I don't really want to hear what they have to say -- mainly because I've already heard it hundreds of times before.

I had hoped this would be -- as the Board name indicates -- a place where liberals could come and discuss (AMONG THEMSELVES) topics related to retirement. I'm not interested in the Republican or conservative perspective. And I had hoped that they would have the decency to stay on their own board where they can pontificate to adoring applause all day long.

Seems that is not to be the case.
They don't agree with anything we say.
And they won't stay away.
So it seems they are here for one reason only -- to destroy the board.

If every post I place which gives an honest opinion of SP's (and buddies) "contributions" is going to be pulled -- I might as well joing Cliff because this board is not going to be what it was intended to be and it certainly isn't going to be any fun.

AM

Author: tenworlds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2391 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:46 AM
This whole thread is getting nasty and insulting. Insults just lead to more insults, which is why it's a bad idea to call other posters names, regardless of your opinions of them.
-----

True dat. OK, I'm outa here.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2392 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:56 AM

So it seems they are here for one reason only -- to destroy the board.

yup.

If every post I place which gives an honest opinion of **'s (and ****) "contributions" is going to be pulled -- I might as well joing **** because this board is not going to be what it was intended to be and it certainly isn't going to be any fun.

one thing we can try to learn from them .... they've all but perfected (as R*** mentions) the fine art of the uncivil, snarky, disruptive post that the MF won't pull.

=
..... the good news for you and i (& Cliff) is we're already retired, so more likely to be answering questions than asking.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2393 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:58 AM
The real problem is that they DO want a dialog.

This "trap" that you feel you are being led into is a position chosen based upon feelings. Their "pounce", as GoofyHoofy so aptly identified, is the illogic of that particular position.

They (and I) are very interested in dialog. We're looking for a rational solutions to big problems.

It appears that many here are only worried about stroking each other's egos about how "compassionate" they are without actually caring about who's paying for it.

Honestly I strongly agree with GoofyHoofy, people of every religion and political stripe have very contradictory and inconsistent positions. Often these positions are taken because others in the groups they identify with hold that position.

Jim

But Jim,
This board was set up for the express purpose of LIBERALS talking to LIBERALS. If we wanted to discuss things with Libertarians and/or Republicans we can always go to PA. Can you not understand that?

What part of we want to talk to OTHER LIBERALS don't you get?
What part of we don't want to talk to conservatives and libertarians don't you get? How many times does this have to be explained?

WHEN we want to talk to Libertarians and Conservatives, we will go to a board where that kind of thing goes on as a general rule. This would not be disruptive.

See?
Get it?

AM

Author: lizmonster Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2394 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:01 PM
Recommendations: 25
They don't agree with anything we say.
And they won't stay away.

Who are you talking about? I can only assume it's the greylings.

Look, shunning works. Ignore them. Do not respond. Use the p-box so you don't get sucked in to begin with.

The answer is very simple, and TMF gives us all the tools. What they're NOT going to do is give us a bouncer to keep the undesirables out.

I've found a number of the discussions here to be quite useful - musings on health insurance and mutual funds, for example. I'd love to see more of those. But what I mostly see - even from my favorite posters - is folks rising to the bait of people who've been singing the same song for YEARS. If you read one of their posts, you KNOW what you're going to get; and by responding you're playing right into their hands.

Just. Say. No. It's really not that hard.

-lizmonster

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2397 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:11 PM
=
..... the good news for you and i (& Cliff) is we're already retired, so more likely to be answering questions than asking.

Yeah -- and in my garage is a honkin' big washing machine and dryer that I bought BRAND NEW and didn't pull from a garbage dump. They are clean, white, and pretty to look at. And they are front-loading water-savers which is good for the environment.

♫♫♫♫ La La La ♫♫♫♫
I'm just absolutely pleased as punch with myself.

AM

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2398 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:16 PM
"If every post I place which gives an honest opinion of SP's (and buddies) "contributions" is going to be pulled -- I might as well joing Cliff because this board is not going to be what it was intended to be and it certainly isn't going to be any fun.

AM"

I disagree. You could have interesting conversations with people whom you find interesting instead.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2399 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:17 PM
Recommendations: 2

But what I mostly see - even from my favorite posters - is folks rising to the bait of people who've been singing the same song for YEARS. If you read one of their posts, you KNOW what you're going to get; and by responding you're playing right into their hands.

for some of us, it takes two or three posts. <g>

..... actually -- there are crazies on both sides and not-so-crazies on both sides.
a discussion among the latter could be interesting, but it's tricky separating the crazy from the not-so .... and just a few crazies from one side can drive the not-sos of the other side from the board.

which has two bad effects .. the board becomes an echo-chamber , and reinforces the view that the Other Side is "freeze dried & deep fried"

yup .... errrr.... "no"

=b

Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2400 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:18 PM
{{which has two bad effects .. the board becomes an echo-chamber , and reinforces the view that the Other Side is "freeze dried & deep fried"}}

Which is apparently what some want this board to be.

c

Author: sissylue Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2401 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:18 PM
And they are front-loading water-savers

I have a front loader as well and I don't think it's my imagination - it really does get clothes cleaner and is more gentle on them. Plus it actually has a "hand wash" cycle to choose that theoretically goes one beyond a "delicate" cycle should I ever need such a thing.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2403 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:29 PM
"If every post I place which gives an honest opinion of SP's (and buddies) "contributions" is going to be pulled -- I might as well joing Cliff because this board is not going to be what it was intended to be and it certainly isn't going to be any fun.

AM"

I disagree. You could have interesting conversations with people whom you find interesting instead.

Yes -- and I'm definitely going to work on that.

AM

Author: lizmonster Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2404 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:29 PM
Recommendations: 20
it's tricky separating the crazy from the not-so

Perhaps my sense of fairness is less developed than yours; but I feel no need to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they sufficiently tweak my loony-detector.

Yes, I'm sure I miss some good posts that way. And certainly people have come OUT of my p-box from time to time - I cheerfully admit I'm not always right.

I've no problems with civil dissent, and I read plenty of posters with whom I disagree - because they are CIVIL, and they argue the issues instead of playing semantic games or insulting whole swaths of the population.

But really, the folks under discussion here couldn't possibly be seen to be even remotely sincere about engaging in civil discourse here. I don't understand the need to keep engaging them.

-lizmonster

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2405 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:33 PM
And they are front-loading water-savers

I have a front loader as well and I don't think it's my imagination - it really does get clothes cleaner and is more gentle on them. Plus it actually has a "hand wash" cycle to choose that theoretically goes one beyond a "delicate" cycle should I ever need such a thing.

Isn't that cool?
Mine even has a "sanitary" cycle which uses extremely hot water for sheets. I've used it once, I think, due to AngelSpouse's allergies. But best of all I can wash my king-sized comforters in it without having to go down to a public laundromat. I love this washer and dryer - and my next house (if I ever have one) will have to accommodate them... or else.

AM

Author: tedhimself Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2407 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:38 PM
I've found a number of the discussions here to be quite useful - musings on health insurance and mutual funds, for example. I'd love to see more of those. But what I mostly see - even from my favorite posters - is folks rising to the bait of people who've been singing the same song for YEARS. If you read one of their posts, you KNOW what you're going to get; and by responding you're playing right into their hands.

lizmonster added to your Favorite Fools list.

The fault is not with the trolls. It is with those that respond to trollish posts. In my opinion the responders are destroying their own board and then complaining. I think that the "lib'ruls" are failing to take responsibility for their own actions.
Ted

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2410 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:52 PM
<<That would work equally as well for your passive/aggressive blather. Stealth incivility (to get by the censors) is as incivil as a wide open flamefest, and just as disruptive.

Let me make sure I understand this: You are accusing me of posting civilly, just so my posts will not be pulled?

Hmm. Ok. I am guilty.

Montecfo
(wonders why some are not so "clever")
>>

Life is full of disappointments. Yours is an unrealistic expectation.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2411 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 12:53 PM
The fault is not with the trolls. It is with those that respond to trollish posts.

Oh, I blame both parties nearly equally.

--FY

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2413 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 1:04 PM
<<Yeah -- and in my garage is a honkin' big washing machine and dryer that I bought BRAND NEW and didn't pull from a garbage dump. They are clean, white, and pretty to look at. And they are front-loading water-savers which is good for the environment.

♫♫♫♫ La La La ♫♫♫♫

AM
>>

Heh, heh! I'm always amused by people who are snobbish about their washing machine!

But your front loading water saver uses huge amounts of industrial citiwater compared to mine, with which I use rainwater collected from my rain barrels. As fortune would have it, it's been drizzling out this morning, so I've collected another 50 gallons or so for use about the house.

And as you noted, I did pull my washing machine and dryer out of the scrap pile the utility I worked for used to dump appliances traded in for new ones like yours. Very often, they were fit for years of useful additional service, but people commonly get bored with perfectly useful stuff and trade it in for new stuff.

One of my core values is frugality, which for me means a bias towards using stuff until it's worn out and you've used as much of it's economic value as is reasonably practical. Since I'm a repairman with extensive skills in installing and repairing equipment of various kinds, that contributes to my ability to live inexpensively and to save and invest more than half my after tax income, and to have done that for decades.

If I were an environmentalist, I'd probably be proud of the fact that I live relatively lightly on the earth as a result of those frugal values, but I'm not. Still, living frugally and living what many might call an environmentally sensitive life have a lot of similarities, even if they don't share a common motivation in terms of values.

<<♫♫♫♫ La La La ♫♫♫♫

AM
>>

Heh, heh! Your post was the most fun so far to day, Thank You, and enjoy your washing machine.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2424 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 2:08 PM

it's tricky separating the crazy from the not-so
------------
Perhaps my sense of fairness is less developed than yours; but I feel no need to give someone the benefit of the doubt if they sufficiently tweak my loony-detector.

Yes, I'm sure I miss some good posts that way. And certainly people have come OUT of my p-box from time to time - I cheerfully admit I'm not always right.

not a matter of fairness ... i don't do fair.

for me, it's a matter of curiosity. i don't expect a good post .. but i hope for the occasional interesting post.

I've no problems with civil dissent, and I read plenty of posters with whom I disagree - because they are CIVIL, and they argue the issues instead of playing semantic games or insulting whole swaths of the population.

But really, the folks under discussion here couldn't possibly be seen to be even remotely sincere about engaging in civil discourse here. I don't understand the need to keep engaging them.

that's the tricky bit. "civil" being subjective, someone you think Civil, i think is a raging troll (AND vice verse).

.... the "folkers under discussion here" probably think they're being quite civil (the MF apparently agrees) and patiently teaching we who have strayed from the .Truth.

-
...... "grommets" sez i!

Author: lizmonster Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2425 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 2:33 PM
.... the "folkers under discussion here" probably think they're being quite civil (the MF apparently agrees) and patiently teaching we who have strayed from the .Truth.

I've no doubt you're entirely wrong about that.

And IMO it makes no earthly difference to the shunning question.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2427 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 2:37 PM

I've no doubt you're entirely wrong about that.

could be.

And IMO it makes no earthly difference to the shunning question.

absolutely.

=

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2429 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 2:41 PM

Sorry, you can only recommend a post to the Best of once.

Perfectly stated. Cannot add to your sentiments, Liz.

Gayle
has a pretty full p-box and bp is the better for it

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2431 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 2:46 PM
Recommendations: 14
This morning I got an email from TMF informing me that one of my posts responding to SP had also been pulled. It contained no profanity of any kind. So it seems that SP and his buddies are being rather successful in killing this board.

He's only "successful in killing the board" if you see the main purpose of this board as being a place where you can speak your mind about SP.

- Gus

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2433 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 2:57 PM

Ew.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2448 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 4:16 PM
"He's only "successful in killing the board" if you see the main purpose of this board as being a place where you can speak your mind about....

Gus"

Bingo. If the best we can do is whine incessantly about the behaviour of visitors it says as much about us as it does the visitors.

Author: skorthos Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2452 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 4:50 PM
lizmonster wrote:

"Who are you talking about? I can only assume it's the greylings.

Look, shunning works. Ignore them. Do not respond. Use the p-box so you don't get sucked in to begin with.

The answer is very simple, and TMF gives us all the tools. What they're NOT going to do is give us a bouncer to keep the undesirables out.

I've found a number of the discussions here to be quite useful - musings on health insurance and mutual funds, for example. I'd love to see more of those. But what I mostly see - even from my favorite posters - is folks rising to the bait of people who've been singing the same song for YEARS. If you read one of their posts, you KNOW what you're going to get; and by responding you're playing right into their hands."

I have gone both ways on the boards. For some time I saw a lot of grey and then even more grey. I figured it was better than seeing red when I clicked on a post by a troll. So for some time I used the three strike rule and then greyed them.

I noticed that some of the most useful, even beautiful posts on the boards I frequent (or should I say, "lurk on") came from the responses by intelligent, articulate posters to asinine statements by trolls, or "greylings." But most of the time I could read the asinine statement quoted followed by the response I would want to give.

I stopped going to the other Retire Early board because most of it was grey and I found fewer and fewer posts by people I respected. When I stumbled across this board I realized that most of the posters whose opinions I respected had come over here. I settled in for some good lurking and for tips on retirement. About a week or so later I checked in and I found a lot of grey. It really gave me the creeps! It was like a bunch of leeches had attached themselves to the board. They had all crawled over here and now they were trying to suck the life out of ...

I went to my penalty box and un-greyed all of them.

I still don't waste my time reading their drivel and I hope I NEVER waste my time responding to any of it....but I still enjoy reading other responses. Most of the time I just click on past the drivel posts. They are easy to spot because the name of a troll will be attached.

I guess what I am saying is that I do what lizmonster has recommended...I ignore the trolls. But for those of you who do take the time to respond to the trolls, I end up reading and enjoying and recommending your posts.

Last thought: this is the only life these trolls have on the boards. Their posts in and of themselves are worthless...and no one would give them a second thought were it not for the brilliant posts in response to their posts.

Good and bad, happiness and despair, black and white, ying and yang...

...which brings me to what I had hoped would be my first post on this board, "shackles and shekels"

skorthos

Author: montecfo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2454 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 5:06 PM
True dat. OK, I'm outa here.

Good decision.

Montecfo
(who also knows richie never really leaves)

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2463 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 6:36 PM
Dang..my washer and dryer are 24 years old...still going strong (but I only wash 3 or 4 loads every 2-3 weeks). When they die, will get a front loader.

Now top loader washer.....but got a good company rebate when I bought it back in 1983 new, and it has worked well.

sister got front loader - top end model....so many buttons you need to take a course to figure out how to set it to wash..... Same for dryer..... use it once or twice a year, so I'll have to relearn next time I visit her.....

she is the type who will work till l65 or 67 because she likes to spend money like there is no tomorrow..just finished $80,000 renovation of kitchen...... granite counters, of course.....

t.

Author: skorthos Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2468 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 7:28 PM
Hey, lizmonster,

I responded earlier in this thread to your point about ignoring trolls.

I agreed that this was certainly the best thing for me but I noted that I also enjoyed reading some of the more articulate and reasoned responses by other posters.

In case you missed this one:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=25192464

skorthos

Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2469 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 8:00 PM
This board was set up for the express purpose of LIBERALS talking to LIBERALS. If we wanted to discuss things with Libertarians and/or Republicans we can always go to PA. Can you not understand that?

AM,

I do not wish to be disruptive but I do wish to explore the thoughts of the "other side".

I've heard that one reason our country's politics have become more polarized is because of the division of dialog. Liberals only talk about politics with Liberals and Conservatives only talk about politics with Conservatives.

Honestly I think on many issues the end goals of Liberals and Conservatives align. I think the arguments between the two groups typically revolve around the best ways to acheive those goals. IMO the other main division is the priority of our country's goals.

What better place to get Liberal viewpoints than from Liberals?

Jim

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2471 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 8:18 PM
If the best we can do is whine incessantly about the behaviour of visitors it says as much about us as it does the visitors.

For a while there I kind of enjoyed whining. Then I got it out of my system, and I'm content to let the greylings be greylings, and view this board as being about Early Retirement, and not the greylings.

- Gus

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2472 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 8:24 PM
Jim: "I do not wish to be disruptive but I do wish to explore the thoughts of the "other side"

"What better place to get Liberal viewpoints than from Liberals?"

Well, if you actually read the posts of "Liberals" and respond to something they actually say, I applaud your desire to seek out alternative viewpoints.

Your brethren here don't do that. They read the replies of liberals, translate them into their pre-existing stereotypes, and respond with a stereotypical sound bite. Then people make fun of their lack of comprehension and they respond with a taunt. And, unfortunately, some of the liberals sink to the level of your brethren by responding to the tuants....

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2473 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 8:27 PM
"For a while there I kind of enjoyed whining. Then I got it out of my system, and I'm content to let the greylings be greylings, and view this board as being about Early Retirement, and not the greylings.

- Gus"

Bingo again. I may not be as smart as you Gus, but your posts often speak well for me - not unlike that other zany contributor, ox6.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2475 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 8:52 PM

your posts often speak well for me - not unlike that other zany contributor, 0x6.

"zany"?

i don't think anyone's ever called me that.

i Like it.

(>

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2476 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 9:04 PM
Zany is a good thing in joelworld. I am glad you picked up on that.

Joel.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2485 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/19/2007 11:07 PM

"zany"?

i don't think anyone's ever called me that.

i Like it.

(>

Yeah well...
Anybody whose shoes have plastic inserts that say "Don't Eat Me" HAS to be zany. :o)

AM

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2496 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 12:16 AM
<<she is the type who will work till l65 or 67 because she likes to spend money like there is no tomorrow..just finished $80,000 renovation of kitchen...... granite counters, of course.....

t.
>>

Heh, heh!

Granite counter tops: the mark of the DEVIL!

Also cats.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2497 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 12:17 AM

Zany is a good thing in joelworld. I am glad you picked up on that.

i didn't actually. .....zany's a good thing in my world;
good to know it is in yours as well.

=

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2498 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 12:18 AM

Yeah well...
Anybody whose shoes have plastic inserts that say "Don't Eat Me" HAS to be zany. :o)

yeah but ..... that's not anything *i* did.

came with the shoes.

=b

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2499 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 1:54 AM

I loved my granite countertops and I miss them.

Also cats.

I also love my cat.
And you have just revealed yourself for what you truly are.
And I want nothing further to do with you.

AM

....also --- am I the ONLY person here who is absolutely sick to the gills with talking about Social Security? Am I the only one here who realizes that we can type away for years and we won't change a single damned thing about it? Would it be too much to ask to maybe talk about something else for a while? I mean, really. If we get really bored talking about actual retirement, etc., we can always come back to the subject of Social Security and waste even more precious hours of our lives.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2500 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 1:55 AM

Yeah well...

yeah but ..... that's not anything *i* did.

came with the shoes.

but you picked the shoes.
it's your zany karma.

AM

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2501 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 2:07 AM

....also --- am I the ONLY person here who is absolutely sick to the gills with talking about Social Security? Am I the only one here who realizes that we can type away for years and we won't change a single damned thing about it? Would it be too much to ask to maybe talk about something else for a while? I mean, really

you ..and everyone else.. has the Power to start a thread on any topic you like.

and can easily put the SocSec thread(s) on ignore.

-b

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2502 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 2:18 AM

you ..and everyone else.. has the Power to start a thread on any topic you like.

and can easily put the SocSec thread(s) on ignore.

I give up.

AM

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2507 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 8:28 AM
am I the ONLY person here who is absolutely sick to the gills with talking about Social Security?

Actually, I've found some of it very edifying. I've changed how I think about Social Security many times, and understanding it better always seems worthwhile to me. Believe it or not, I was once almost as negative about SS as Seattle Pioneer is, and it's kind of odd finding myself defending it now.

The thing is, I'm not really all that empathetic toward complete strangers. Arguments in the "health care is a human right" vein have little impact on me. Rather, how Goofy expressed it captures my feelings about this perfectly. I, too, think it's better for me personally "not to have a large destitute population, rummaging garbage cans and doing who knows what else just to stay alive."

For all that, Social Security of very little direct import to me now, because I've never used it as part of my income calculations.

- Gus

Author: montecfo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2509 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 8:50 AM
....also --- am I the ONLY person here who is absolutely sick to the gills with talking about Social Security? Am I the only one here who realizes that we can type away for years and we won't change a single damned thing about it? Would it be too much to ask to maybe talk about something else for a while? I mean, really. If we get really bored talking about actual retirement, etc., we can always come back to the subject of Social Security and waste even more precious hours of our lives.

You make a good point. Maybe you should start a new board, "Retire Early Liberal edition-Sans Senseless Posts about UnimportantTopics Such as Social Security".

I mean, life is too short.

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2511 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:18 AM
For all that, Social Security of very little direct import to me now, because I've never used it as part of my income calculations.

Same here. I've never considered SS as a part of my retirement calculations. On the other hand, at the time I left my firm in December 1999, I still considered Medicare to be something that would offer shelter from the storm of ever increasing health care costs. Since then, however, I've come to believe that I won't benefit much, if any, from Medicare, since I assume I'll be somehow either excluded or charged full freight. For now, while not assuming any benefit coming my way, I think a likely outcome will be that whatever benefit I might receive from SS likely will be offset by the increased payments I'll have to make for health care, whether via Medicare of private insurance. On the other hand, trying to figure this out is almost a waste of time, since none of us knows what the future is going to bring on this subject. Neither political party has any interest in truly addressing the issue, since it is so difficult to deal with in terms of shafting various groups.

Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2514 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:23 AM
{{The thing is, I'm not really all that empathetic toward complete strangers. Arguments in the "health care is a human right" vein have little impact on me. Rather, how Goofy expressed it captures my feelings about this perfectly. I, too, think it's better for me personally "not to have a large destitute population, rummaging garbage cans and doing who knows what else just to stay alive."}}

Isn't it interesting how liberals keep saying that the evil conservatives want to increase the amount of people eating from trash cans. Yet, if the liberals actually read the posts, they would see that posters have advocated for a welfare program that provides basic substinance.

c

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2515 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:32 AM
Got to be truly amazing.

On one hand, some folks bemoan the fact that more than 50% of the people retiring will have only SS......

And then say 'SS is not an issue about retirement' that needs to be discussed...... 'its boring....

And at the same time, 80% of folks don't believe that SS will be there when they retire......

So that is going to leave one heck of a lot of people either

a) 65 and 'unretired'
b) or 65, retired, and eating out of trash cans

The 'money will magically appear' syndrome is amazing.

The same for unlimited 'free' health care for anyone just showing up asking for it.....refugess off the boat from wherever, peeople who never paid a dime in taxes (worked off the books), etc....

I likely won't be here in 25 or 30 years to see the house of cards collapse, but those under 50 likely will....if it lasts that long...

t.

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2516 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:34 AM
Recommendations: 50
"Isn't it interesting how liberals keep saying that the evil conservatives want to increase the amount of people eating from trash cans. Yet, if the liberals actually read the posts, they would see that posters have advocated for a welfare program that provides basic substinance.

c"

Posts like that lead me to conclude that you still have no desire to communicate in an honest way on this board. Goofy's post was primarily an explanation of how Social Security functions as an insurance program and not as a Ponzi scheme.

Rather than compose a meaningful reply to the substance of his post, you took out a snippet and use it as a launching pad for repeating, yet again, your generalized stereotype about liberals in general.

That may earn you some recs from some of your brethren, but it will not lead to anybody here taking your posts seriously on a substantive level.

I have taken you out of the p-box every morning hoping that you would offer something honest and substantive and put you back in every morning after reading posts like that.

Author: emtwo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2518 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:42 AM
I have taken you out of the p-box every morning hoping that you would offer something honest and substantive and put you back in every morning after reading posts like that.

Who was it that defined Insanity as doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results? Einstein, I think?

;)

Al was a smart guy....

v/r

Michael

Author: cattleman22 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2521 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:50 AM
{{Who was it that defined Insanity as doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results? Einstein, I think?}}

Which is one of the dumbest things ever said. Practice, doing the same thing over and over again while expecting improvement, is quite real.

c

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2530 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 10:52 AM
What better place to get Liberal viewpoints than from Liberals?

That's like saying, what better way to learn about sex than by wandering into strangers' bedrooms.

Author: GusSmed Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2532 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 10:57 AM
That's like saying, what better way to learn about sex than by wandering into strangers' bedrooms.

Not quite. This is actually a fairly public place, and a reasonably place for rational discussion.

The actual execution, though, was like wandering into a GALA meeting wearing a "God Hates Fags" T-shirt and asking when they'd give up their sinful ways.

- Gus

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2533 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 10:58 AM

Also cats.

My cats love my granite countertops.

Author: sofaking6 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2535 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 11:00 AM

I just think...you can't fight the AARP.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts 10+ Year Anniversary! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2536 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 11:01 AM
My sister's cat is 17 years old and pukes all over the house wherever it feels like it.....can't make it up to the new granite counter tops any more.....

The new young cat can get anywhere....

They ignore me..I ignore them..... fuzz all over the furniture though...

t.

Author: eaglehaslanded Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2577 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 6:15 PM

Maybe you should just wait until Bastille Day and give everyone a chance once a year.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2584 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 7:37 PM
I have taken you out of the p-box every morning hoping that you would offer something honest and substantive

Here's a hammer and a fistful of nails. Pound the lid on that sucker down tight, and don't ever open it again. You'll thank me.

--FY

Author: jgc123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2585 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 7:48 PM
"Here's a hammer and a fistful of nails. Pound the lid on that sucker down tight, and don't ever open it again. You'll thank me.

--FY"

In my defense, I felt bad about unfairly lumping ResNullius in the Cattleman/SP category after Gus pointed out that RN was actually making substantive posts. So I decided to give the others a second chance too. And a third. And a fourth...

I actually gained some perspective from Goofy's replies to SP because Goofy used SP's posts as an opportunity to explain his conception of the purpose of Social Security in a clear, concise way, without concern for whether SP actually demonstrated by his replies that he comprehended any of it.

THAT is a valid purpose for responding to a poster who appears to be offering nothing of substantive value to the debate - as a launching pad for explaining basic concepts.

Author: FoolYap Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2590 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/20/2007 9:44 PM
THAT is a valid purpose for responding to a poster who appears to be offering nothing of substantive value to the debate - as a launching pad for explaining basic concepts.

Fair enough.

However, the source you mentioned seems like a difficult place to look for any fruit on this board, even low-hanging ones.

--FY

Author: montecfo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2606 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/21/2007 7:34 AM
Posts like that lead me to conclude that you still have no desire to communicate in an honest way on this board. Goofy's post was primarily an explanation of how Social Security functions as an insurance program and not as a Ponzi scheme.

Rather than compose a meaningful reply to the substance of his post, you took out a snippet and use it as a launching pad for repeating, yet again, your generalized stereotype about liberals in general.
That may earn you some recs from some of your brethren, but it will not lead to anybody here taking your posts seriously on a substantive level.

Jgc-

Congratulations for a well written post. You made your point and did so civilly. Negative points for feeling you had to mention the penalty box. That may earn you some recs from some of your brethren, but it will not lead to anyone who is objective taking your posts seriously on a substantive level.

Now, why have you not made any similar points about your liberal brethren, when they needlessly snipe? This board's value is improving, but some honestly from you about your own brethren's (AND sisteren's) posting tactics would ALSO be helpful.

Best,

Montecfo

Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2614 of 59658
Subject: Re: Notice to SP Date: 2/21/2007 10:34 AM
I actually gained some perspective from Goofy's replies to SP because Goofy used SP's posts as an opportunity to explain his conception of the purpose of Social Security in a clear, concise way, without concern for whether SP actually demonstrated by his replies that he comprehended any of it.

I learned something from those posts too.
I'm going to go back and make sure I remembered to "recommend" them.

Vickifool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (77) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement