UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932828  
Subject: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 5:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
for when healtcare.gov will be working - two months after going live.

Which begs the question:

Why didn't someone in, oh say, July, determine that the website will be up and working by September 30th?

Did no one test the system at all and determine that insurance companies where getting enrollment data prior to October 1st?

We have been wondering why the admin refused to tell us how many had successfully enrolled. As it turns out, per Sebellius, they don't know either since even the insurance companies can't see who has successfully enrolled.

There are people that believe they have successfully signed up for insurance - with companies that have no knowledge of such.

What a mess.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PeterRabit Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907797 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 5:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>Which begs the question:

Your questions about testing and go-live dates are good, but even more important is this question:

Why is government contracting often done so poorly?

In one article I saw a telling comment. The point was made that federal contracts are so arcane (filled with ancillary requirements for fair treatment of minorities, etc.) that companies emerge whose main skill is meeting all of the ancillary requirements. Getting the contract is more important than doing the job.

I wondered: could Google have done this job? In a heartbeat, I thought. So why not? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Peter

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907799 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 5:42 PM
Recommendations: 52
for when healtcare.gov will be working - two months after going live.

Which begs the question:

The GOP had 30 years to come up with something better, and never made the slightest effort. Meanwhile, your previous president couldn't even pronounce "internet" correctly, and you don't even understand the difference between "begs the question" and "prompts the question."

When you can pass 7th grade grammar, you'll have the right to file a complaint. In the meantime, you can keep sitting on the sidelines.

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907800 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 5:45 PM
Recommendations: 8
Oh, look. Facebook is down again. Right this very second.

The connection has timed out

The server at www.facebook.com is taking too long to respond.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Tell us more about how the private sector is perfect.

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907802 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 5:56 PM
Recommendations: 1
"The GOP had 30 years to come up with something better"

Less government intervention IS better.

"When you can pass 7th grade grammar, you'll have the right to file a complaint. In the meantime, you can keep sitting on the sidelines.
"

Typical progressive elitist.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907817 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 8:14 PM
Recommendations: 2
Why didn't someone in, oh say, July, determine that the website will be up and working by September 30th?

Did no one test the system at all and determine that insurance companies where getting enrollment data prior to October 1st?

We have been wondering why the admin refused to tell us how many had successfully enrolled.

Really. You have a point. But is it the first time you've seen this?

I remember when the Administration called "Mission Accomplished" in Iraq, just a few months after they started.

And, boy, were they ever wrong...

Funny thing, no Republican ever got angry with them or said "What a mess!"

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907823 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 8:28 PM
Recommendations: 5
"When you can pass 7th grade grammar, you'll have the right to file a complaint. In the meantime, you can keep sitting on the sidelines.
"

------

Typical progressive elitist.

So now a 7th grade education makes one an elitist!

It definitely makes you smarter than the average conservative.

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907825 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/30/2013 8:35 PM
"So now a 7th grade education makes one an elitist! "

You must be one of those beautiful people.

"Not definitely makes you smarter than the average conservative.
"

hmmm.. History will be on the conservative's side. We will see who is smarter 10 years from now. LOL

Author: feedmeNOWhuman Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907871 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 3:11 AM
Recommendations: 20
History will be on the conservative's side.

Just like it was with slavery, women's rights, minority rights, and Iraq.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907896 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 8:54 AM
The GOP had 30 years to come up with something better, and never made the slightest effort. Meanwhile, your previous president couldn't even pronounce "internet" correctly, and you don't even understand the difference between "begs the question" and "prompts the question."

First indication that someone is can't win the arguement - attack the poster instead of the content.

Your asinine ignorant assumptions miss the mark again.

I voted for Obama, not Romney. I did not vote for Bush over Gore (though I did vote for him over Kerry).

Author: MotleyFooley Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907906 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 9:19 AM
I created an account on healthcare.gov last week, but then got a blank screen when trying to enroll.

This week, I tried again and was able to proceed, to the point of seeing the plans available in my area at which carriers along with the premiums they'd charge, and had the chance to enroll if I wanted to. And I did these things during regular business hours, not at 2 AM when traffic was light or anything like that.

I can certainly understand that the tool is glitchy, still needs improvement, and YMMV of course. But your statement implies that it's not working, at all. It *is* working, just not as well as it should be.

If Republicans were so concerned about the website rollout, they could have had meetings with HHS officials and IT contractors in, oh say, July, or had everyone on the house floor "demo" or test the site, instead of voting over 40 times to repeal the law.

MotleyFooley

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907909 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 9:29 AM
http://www.ijreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Sebelius-...

and had the chance to enroll if I wanted to

Per Sebellius testimony yesterday, the price you saw was very likely incorrect and if you had applied, the insurnace company may not have received your application.

Republicans were so concerned about the website rollout, they could have had meetings with HHS officials and IT contractors in, oh say, July

They did, July 17th. Where were you when this was going on?

http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2013/07/t20130717.html

If you listen to the current testimony, some of the questions have been about why HHS was not truthful this summer when they reported to Congress on the progress of ACA.

Additionally, you put this on Congress but I ask the same question, if this was so important to Obama, why did he not demo it prior to it going live?

Author: Stonewashed Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907911 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 9:38 AM
This week, I tried again and was able to proceed, to the point of seeing the plans available in my area at which carriers along with the premiums they'd charge, and had the chance to enroll if I wanted to. And I did these things during regular business hours, not at 2 AM when traffic was light or anything like that.

So did you enroll?

If not, why not?

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907939 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 11:18 AM
"Just like it was with slavery, women's rights, minority rights, and Iraq.
"

Not sure where you came up with this nonsense.

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907941 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 11:21 AM
"I voted for Obama"

May I ask why especially after his firts 4 years to prove Obama is a failure as president?

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907943 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 11:23 AM
"If Republicans were so concerned about the website rollout, they could have had meetings with HHS officials and IT contractors in, oh say, July, or had everyone on the house floor "demo" or test the site, instead of voting over 40 times to repeal the law.
"

LOL No one including your leader knew about the problems with the website before the rool out.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907949 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 11:37 AM
Recommendations: 1
"If Republicans were so concerned about the website rollout, they could have had meetings with HHS officials and IT contractors in, oh say, July, or had everyone on the house floor "demo" or test the site, instead of voting over 40 times to repeal the law.
"

The Republicans wanted it repealed.

Why would they NOT want to keep trying to repeal it? Why is that somehow wrong

The Democrats should really just STFU about this, because if this is their idea of important and priorities\\

How many times has Obama golfed, rather than sit down with the team and use that steel trap for a mind to review and ensure his signature achievement was on track?

The Republicans?

They are the only folks who did the right thing.

My God look at that program? It totally sucks, and can not be fixes as is

The correct response is not let's make this terrible thing look a little less terrible so although there will be terrible pain for the country it is marginally quicker to start hurting but rather to stop the pain.

They did what they could

The folks that wanted it? They did not do anything. Where is the Senate reviewing this?

Stop it you lying dirt bags. Take credit for what you have done.

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907965 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 12:03 PM
May I ask why especially after his firts 4 years to prove Obama is a failure as president?

Good question and I should clarify.

I voted for him the first time over McCain. The second time I did not vote for Obama or Romney.

Fool me once...

Author: laissezFaireOne Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1907967 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 12:05 PM
"Fool me once...
"

I am happy you weren't fooled twice as some 51 million Americans were.

Author: MotleyFooley Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1908040 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 2:07 PM
No, I didn't enroll. I have insurance through my employer, and that insurance will still be provided in 2014. But relatives and other forlks I know will be needing coverage through the marketplace, and I wanted to see for myself how it worked.

MotleyFooley

Author: MotleyFooley Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1908051 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 2:35 PM
Hawkwin: "They did, July 17th. Where were you when this was going on?

http://www.hhs.gov/asl/testify/2013/07/t20130717.html

If you listen to the current testimony, some of the questions have been about why HHS was not truthful this summer when they reported to Congress on the progress of ACA."

What part of the testimony from your link wasn't truthful? All that was said in July was that testing was progressing on various aspects, and other testing was expected to be completed by August. It didn't say everything was 100% perfect and error-free.

If you're familiar with testing IT systems, after getting to 95% complete, the last 5% of testing can be the most difficult and time consuming. It's like when you install software on your computer: that little progress bar goes and goes and goes and then.............stalls. For awhile. And you contemplate stopping it, or rebooting your computer because you think the installation has hung up for some reason. And then it starts again. Is the software installation program being "untruthful" to you when it displays information in that way?

"Additionally, you put this on Congress but I ask the same question, if this was so important to Obama, why did he not demo it prior to it going live?

I'm not "putting this on Congress". You pointed to a meeting on July 17 where the website was discussed. After that meeting, Congress voted or took other actions to repeal the law several times. They obviously thought it was a good idea to take the time to try to get the law repealed, even though they knew it wasn't going to happen. That might have been productive politically, but it certainly didn't reflect any concerns about the status of the website or the testing of same, making their current outrage over the status of the website disingenuous at best.

Lastly, maybe Obama did test it or get a demo of it. Whether he did or not, he's not the one calling for hearings about why it hasn't been 100% perfect and error-free from the very start.

MotleyFooley

Author: Hawkwin Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1908079 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 3:28 PM

What part of the testimony from your link wasn't truthful? All that was said in July was that testing was progressing on various aspects, and other testing was expected to be completed by August. It didn't say everything was 100% perfect and error-free.

Oh, so NOW you acknowledge that Congress did indeed have a hearing in, oh, let's say July - but you want to nitpick the details of the hearing.

You are the one that suggested that they should have met with the officials in July - which is exactly what they did.

Next time, perhaps do a small bit of research before you stick your foot in your mouth.

But let's not rest with the fact that there was testimony in July - of which you did not appear to be aware. There was also tstimony in August (and April). Bet you didn't know that too?

http://docs.house.gov/meetings/IF/IF00/20130801/101237/HHRG-...

At what point should HHS have told Congress, "Hey, we have some problems with the website. This is not ready for the public."

Instead, she assured Congress that it was on track:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/10/27/us-usa-healthcare-...

Two months before the troubled October 1 launch of Obamacare exchanges, a key administration official overseeing the program assured a congressional oversight panel that work was on track to roll out a tested website that would make it easy for Americans to enroll in affordable health insurance coverage.

---------

I ask again, at what point should someone have determined that things were not ready to go or would not be by October 1st?

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1908128 of 1932828
Subject: Re: Nov 30 is the new deadline Date: 10/31/2013 6:42 PM
Recommendations: 3
In one article I saw a telling comment. The point was made that federal contracts are so arcane (filled with ancillary requirements for fair treatment of minorities, etc.) that companies emerge whose main skill is meeting all of the ancillary requirements. Getting the contract is more important than doing the job.

I wondered: could Google have done this job? In a heartbeat, I thought. So why not? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Peter

My goodness Peter. You've just defined the gap between Democrats and Common Sense. Not bad :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (23) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement