Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cheerful Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121061  
Subject: Novice seeking systematic reading Date: 9/28/1999 10:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi,
I have no background in investment-related tax strategy. The Fool tax FAQ is probably great for those who know how to look for. But for a novice like me, it is difficult to find the starting point. Can anyone point me to a web site or some pages in Fool for a systematic reading? Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TaxService Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19252 of 121061
Subject: Re: Novice seeking systematic reading Date: 9/30/1999 1:20 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have no background in investment-related tax strategy. The Fool tax FAQ is probably great for those who know how to look for. But for a novice like me, it is difficult to find the starting point. Can anyone point me to a web site or some pages in Fool for a systematic reading? Thanks!

Go to the "Fool's" home page and click on the link for Investing Basics.

Take a look at the Fool's school 13 steps.

http://www.fool.com/School/13Steps/13Steps.htm

Upon registering as a fool, The Fool will even send you a free booklet.

On the tax front, Roy Lewis publishes a weekly article
and when I comes to particular questions, regarding tax, you're already on the right board.

If you want to research IRS publications, start with
publication 550 "Investment Income & Expenses"
You may download, or read, at the following URL:

http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/prod/forms_pubs/index.html

Good Luck!=:)

"Jack"

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement