No. of Recommendations: 1
Now, he's won it a second time, and still people are amazed.

Not at all. Those that were dissatisfied didn't need to repeatedly be told what was wrong. Treating people as if they're ignorant and can't figure that out does not build confidence nor hope.
Listening to attacks and counterattacks is droning noise that drowns out the ability to hear the message of a better plan. Taking someone like Edwards, who can present a hopeful spin, and turning him into the attack dog was the death knell to that campaign.
Ultimately what I got out of that campaign was, "Bush/Cheney are Satan's spawn and I can do a better job." But I really don't know what "the better plan" was when all was said and done.
If the air isn't certain to be better smelling, many will accept breathing the same cr@p, since at least they already know what it smells like, and proceed to keep complaining about the odor.

So, when history eventually shows him as one of the most influential and successful people in history, everyone will be amazed again.

I admit that I took more than my fair share of drugs, but I ain't anywhere close to taking that leap. Guess I'm not as moderate as I think.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement