No. of Recommendations: 20
Now I totally agrees, common sense tells me he was born in the US
Common sense ALSO tells me, that the documents we have seen might be BS.

From what evidence (if you can call it that) I've seen, it seems reasonably obvious that the actual facts are:

Obama was born in Hawaii, but claimed he was born in Kenya whenever it suited him (notably during his college days). His reluctance to address the issue is not because he's lying when he says he was born in Hawaii, but because he knows he was lying when he said he was born in Kenya so many times.

Note especially the 2004 Obama vs. Keyes debate, when apparently Keyes said to Obama "You are not even a natural born citizen!" and Obama replied without hesitation "So what? I am running for Illinois Senator, not the presidency." Kind of an odd response if you're born in Hawaii and have always claimed that (although his campaign quickly "spun" the comment as Obama never addressed whether or not he was natural-born but rather was addressing the relevant qualifications). It's not an odd response if you've been claiming for many years that you were born in Kenya.

There's some possibly Obama got some sort of funding or scholarship that was available because he was "born in Kenya" that wouldn't have been available had he not lied, in which case fraud laws could apply. But (a) there's pretty much no info on how Obama funded his college days and (b) the statute of limitations is probably expired anyway.

There's plenty of people who corroborate that Obama claimed he was born in Kenya, with various degrees of believability and documentary evidence.

Phil
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement