UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: jiml8 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1948  
Subject: Now I'm torqued off Date: 9/15/2003 9:05 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
My daughter started high school this year. She is at a public HS because there are no non-religious private high schools within 30 miles.

I drive her to school every morning. This morning, on the way to school, we were first on the scene at a serious auto accident (rural location, not much traffic). My daughter called 911 while I got out to assist.

A compact pickup truck had T-boned a mid-sized car that had pulled out in front of it. Truck was doing probably 50 MPH I would say. The truck was not in good shape mechanically, and had spilled gasoline all over the place, mostly because the "fuel tank" was a 5 gallon gas can sitting in the bed with fuel lines running out of it, and this arrangement had tipped over. There were 4 people in the truck and one in the car.

The man in the truck (driver apparently) was out, had the passenger door open, and was dragging limp bodies out of the truck; 2 kids and a woman. The kids woke up quickly and started crying, the woman just laid there.

I went into the cornfield and found the other car. T-boned on the passenger side, the driver (a woman) was alone and semi-conscious. I had to go back around to the passenger side and reach through the smashed window to unlock the driver door, and then put my feet against the side of the car to pull the door open. I was smelling gasoline everywhere and I really wanted to get this done. I got the woman out and half-carried, half-assisted her out of the cornfield to a grassy place where I set her down then had her lie down. Others were now on the scene, and one of them started treating her for shock. I went back to the t-boned car to make sure I hadn't missed anyone in the back seat. I hadn't.

By now, the woman in the other car had awakened and, although covered with blood, she was sitting up and tending to her kids, and appeared to be alert and aware.

Then the emergency squad arrived so I left and took my daughter to school. She was tardy, of course, and I went in with her to tell them what had happened.

I told them. They gave her a demerit for being tardy.

Now, I have a ferocious temper, and one thing I have learned through the years is that, if I don't want to fight, I had better keep my mouth shut when I get angry. So, I withdrew without saying anything until I had time to think about it. But I am furious.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Ringing the NASDAQ Bell
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement