Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7224  
Subject: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 6:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
After the catastrophic ending of LOST I was hoping for something a little more concrete from 24. In my book 24 has 'delivered' all these many years, and it delivered again tonight! I've watched quite a few series through to their endings over the years and this was WELL worth all of those hours spent.

THANKS Keifer!!! You REALLY gave it your all and came through with a LOT of raw FUN to all of us!
Good on ya!, and I hope things go well for you on down the line!

:->

nl
Print the post Back To Top
Author: raleigh1208 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Global Fool Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7082 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 9:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I too enjoyed the final show. The old President taking the easy way out, but of course he couldn't finish the job. The current President finally growing a proverbial pair and doing the right thing. The final lines between Jack and Chloe were tear jerkers. And once again Jack set sail for foreign soil. But what bugged me--after the President had no qualms about giving immunity to the Russian crime boss selling the nuclear rods or to Dana the mole in CTU who was whacking folks right and left, she suddenly got all goodie two shoes on us and told Jack he had to live with what he did. Why couldn't her last official act before she resigned have been a full presidential pardon for Jack? At least she allowed him time to make his exit, so he could recover for the movie!

Raleigh1208

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7083 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 11:00 AM
Recommendations: 1
There were a lot of classic 24 moments, gratuitous violence such as Jack biting off Tipler's ear to give Chloe time to escape, the fake to the left with the data card having a message intended for President Taylor (who else thought he was recording that for Kim?), Chloe's trembling lip, the CTU operative who was just following orders from someone politically powerful but not actually in charge, to the lone wolf setting out for survival in the wilderness.

There were so many fake-outs, Jack switching targets (we initially were led to believe he was going after the courtyard, not taking the shot when he had the chance, his last ditch effort to escape his captors before Presidential intervention (and Kudos to Chloe & Arlo for their last minute wizardry of tapping into the commando's sat phone through the drone).

When Taylor did not correct Logan on his tacit approval of his assassination plan inferred from her silence, I was no longer sure she would do the right thing in the end. Even when she teased us by telling Dalia the truth, she turned around with a shocking threat and blackmail to nuke nowheristan. How far she had fallen from the paragon of virtue during Day 7. And Kudos to Tiny Tim for taking the initiative to try and secure Jack's release. But really, if this country was so small, why was this peace treaty so significant?

And an inside joke. Jack's message to Chloe at the end was more true than most viewers realize. Chloe was not intended to be the only character besides Jack to keep surviving. She has grown as a character and as she did her fan base followed, turning into an enduring if not twisted and co-dependent relationship. We all knew (well, I did) that this would come down to a showdown between Jack and Chloe in the end and it was her concience that became Jack's guide. Give a little whistle, Chloe, you earned a day off.

Jack, however, is not so lucky. Stabbed, shot, beaten (not necessarily in that order or singularly), ready and relieved to finally die, Jack is instead alone in the big city with the full weight of might of two supernations after him. No problem, but if he can find a way out of the country, he had best pick a country to hide in better than the one used to hide from the Senate during the 2 hour TV movie tweener before Day 7. May I suggest the recuperating powers of the tropics? Somewhere there is a benevolent dictator who owes him a favor.

Fuskie
Who thinks the only thing missing from the season was a salivating Vice President kept in the dark but just waiting for the opportunity to take down the only barrier between him and the ultimate power...

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7084 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 12:11 PM
So, despite only watching the first 4 hours of so of this season, I decided to watch the finale on Hulu (I have this thing about wanting to watch series finales -- even of shows I never watched.). I don't think I really missed anything by skipping 18 hours or so.

(who else thought he was recording that for Kim?),

In the closed captioning, he actually did address Kim by name, so the CC made it seem like it was intended for Kim. Why did Logan even give Taylor the chip? At least erase it and blame it on some agents or something.

As far as this being more satisfying than Lost's finale? This had even less closure (short of his goodbye to Chloe). The closure is what? Jack fleeing? (for the third time, I believe, if you count the time he took another identity in the LA ghetto). Yet another fallen president?

This pretty much felt like any other season finale (which is understandable, since they want to have a movie).

dsbrady

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7085 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 1:10 PM
Recommendations: 0
As far as this being more satisfying than Lost's finale? This had even less closure

Well, to be fair, there is no LOST movie forthcoming. There couldn't be closure.

Fuskie
Who enjoyed the LOST finale, guessing correclty that Hurley would ultimately be the Island's new caretaker, but admits he was taken back when Taylor said that the assassination was just six hours earlier...

Author: Counterattack Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7088 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 4:08 PM
I too enjoyed the finale, even if it was more out of nostalgia than anything else. The ending is open-ended enough to allow them to have any type of movie -- give Jack a pardon and bring him back to CTU to stop the next nuclear threat or go the Bourne route and have a movie about him evading the US and Russians. I liked the ending, with Chloe aptly saying "shut it down." I wish Agent Pearce could have made a cameo and it is too bad that Logan is gone. He's such a good villian that he basically saved this season on his own. Maybe Jack will seek refuge in Dalia's country. She was probably the most impressive character this season, along with Logan.

Author: notablelaggard Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7089 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 4:16 PM
It would be great if this began a series of '24' movies like the Bourne movies ... one after another every 2 years or so. I'm sure Keifer would be up for that. I heard him on a talk show recently saying that this was the most fun he's ever had acting. There is a rumor that he's been drinking excessively at social functions since filming wrapped up -- sad to let his other self go! After 195 episodes, each one taking HOURS to film, it's pretty understandable that he'd be suffering some sense of loss.

nl

Author: Counterattack Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7091 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 4:37 PM
There is a rumor that he's been drinking excessively at social functions since filming wrapped up -- sad to let his other self go!

He's had a lot of trouble before. American Idol is one season ahead of 24 even though they started at the same time -- in part -- due to Kiefer being in jail for an alcohol charge (there was also a writer's strike, so the season might have been delayed anyway). There is no doubt he is an alcoholic. He needs serious help.

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7093 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 5:21 PM
Actually, 24 was delayed a year because of the writers strike, not because of Keifer's issues with alchohol.

Fuskie
Who notes that American Idol, being a reality show, was not pushed back during the labor dispute...

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7094 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 5/25/2010 7:31 PM
"I too enjoyed the finale,..."

Better than LOST's. And I agree re why no Pres. pardon - stupid cow!

I have zero interest in any movie.

Ken

Author: mrsnakeye Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7107 of 7224
Subject: Re: now THAT was a satisfying ending! Date: 1/25/2012 12:13 PM
rthgfg

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement