UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 21031  
Subject: now this I like!! Date: 1/30/2013 4:15 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I shudder to think what the fare would be, but THIS is what intercontinental flights should be like!!

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/312373_1015244358...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFHockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19264 of 21031
Subject: Re: now this I like!! Date: 1/30/2013 5:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Let's see. We just priced roundtrip first and business from Newark to Australia. Most is that or better. Price???? $19,000+

Bob ... not paying THAT

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19265 of 21031
Subject: Re: now this I like!! Date: 1/30/2013 5:53 PM
Yeah, that is excessive.

They could probably reduce per-passenger costs if they had a second level, basically "bunk beds". Twice as many passengers per flight, half the cost (roughly). I'd pay more for an actual bed on such long flights (not $19K extra, but maybe 2-3x a normal fare).

1poorguy (can't sleep sitting up)

Author: ChiliChild Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19266 of 21031
Subject: Re: now this I like!! Date: 1/30/2013 6:14 PM
Recommendations: 1
We just priced roundtrip first and business from Newark to Australia. Most is that or better. Price???? $19,000+

You could save a few thou by booking one flight round trip EWR-LAX in coach and then the Australia leg round trip in business. I'm totally with you. I've made the round trip from LAX in steerage and it is brutal.

Chili

Author: Globetraveler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19267 of 21031
Subject: Re: now this I like!! Date: 1/30/2013 7:21 PM
Nice seats -

I just looked at booking a trip to Europe on Lufthansa. While not quite the same seats, they do lie flat and allow you to relax and sleep. Special fares are running 2800 to 3800 R/T including all taxes and fees.

Author: TMFHockeypop Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19268 of 21031
Subject: Re: now this I like!! Date: 1/30/2013 9:06 PM
Recommendations: 2
Well, per Ormont, here is the crossing on Cunard for about $1,000 per person. Full bed PLUS food and drink (not peanuts).
http://www.cunard.com/cruise-search/book-a-cruise/cruises/qm...

bob

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19270 of 21031
Subject: Re: now this I like!! Date: 1/31/2013 12:01 AM
Recommendations: 4
Actually, if I were retired and time was not a factor I would consider ocean crossings like that if the price was comparable. Planes have speed on their side, which is important when you are taking a 2-week vacation.

1poorguy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement