Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
An update.

After visiting the foot doc and getting the new medicines, a couple of days later the toe turned black again. I visited the foot doc a couple of days later (4/2) and he did not like the looks of things. He asked when I was scheduled to visit the vascular guy (4/28). He said he was going to try to speed things up. My comment, "Good luck."

Later that afternoon I received a phone call telling me I had an appt. (4/3) with the vascular surgeon for some tests (2) and a consultation with the doc. On my previous visit to this guy, he requested the test results from the tests my 1st vascular surgeon did. I had arranged for those tests results to be sent to my new doc and called the new doc's office to see if they received them. They confirmed they did.

So, now after going through 2 new tests with the new doc it was time to meet. The first thing out of his mouth was, "Where is the copy of the old MRA (like an MRI but different) test I asked you to get?" I told him his office confirmed receiving it. "We can't find it!"

So, after some tense moments, a mousy little clerk admitted that the CD was shredded! "We new it was for the patient but because the doc didn't order it we........." So now the doc says to his staff, "Get me that CD." Then he turns to me and says, "We cannot have the visit right now until I get that CD and besides I have to leave the office. You can come back this afternoon." Not on your life! Call me when you get the CD. (The place where the MRA given is just a few miles away.)

He calls me later in the afternoon and says the MRA didn't tell him much (Hmmm, my 1st doc relied on it to suggest surgery!) and that he wants me to have 2 new tests (sched 4/17) because it looks like I'm going to need major vascular by-pass surgery on my legs.

In the meantime I need to see a cardiologist to get cleared for surgery! What? If I don't get cleared what are the options? Sheesh!

"Like sand through the hour glass" so goes the, "The days of my life" as I have, "Only one life to live" which appears will be at the, "General Hospital" sometime in the not too distant future.

And for 30 yrs. all my test results were "perfect" if not just "fine." Bull hockey pucks!

Best regards,
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.