Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lifeforcedanceri Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8764  
Subject: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/8/2003 6:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
...PEs and underlying values and listening instead of talking when Warren Buffett has something to say. I am mostly sitting on sound tech investments which tend to be volatile and cyclical. Need to continue to avoid EGO (Edging God Out) investing. Technical analysis for me tends to be all about volume and may signify that someone knows something. Knowing when to hold and when to fold is the question which is most reasonably answered by holding longer than shorter most of the time unless something dramatic changes. The above is just good general priniciples, but I am more and more impressed with how there really is nothing new under the sun and how for most of the time it seems that holding to a few basic principles has a megaton positive effect (extended analysis is usually a waste of time since usually the obvious is apparent. Out of thousands of stocks, it really is not that big of a trick to find wonderful investments if one accepts what is out front and obvious. And, hey, invest how you like and what fits your natural bent (what works for you may not work for me and vice versa). There seldom are deep secrets which have to be mined from a jungle. It is more like buying the obvious bargain at a garage sale.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8733 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/8/2003 9:39 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
since usually the obvious is apparent.
lifeforcedanceri

A better description of obvious is something that is hidden in the open, in plain view.

What is the best place to hide a stolen diamond? In a crystal chandelier. Picked that one up from my days of reading mystery stories! :)

ARMHY at $2 on October 2, 2002, was a diamond plainly visible to all. So why didn't everyone jump on that obvious bargain? Hey, some people even wrote long pieces calling ARM Holding management crooks and idiots.

Denny Schlesinger
Caracas - Venezuela
denny@softwaretimes.com

Author: agcswaw Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8734 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/8/2003 7:24 PM
Recommendations: 0
Hey, some people even wrote long pieces calling ARM Holding management crooks and idiots.

Bwaaahahahahahahahaahahahahha. Concur all Denny...

Author: BruceBrown Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8735 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/9/2003 1:09 AM
Recommendations: 4
ARMHY at $2 on October 2, 2002, was a diamond plainly visible to all. So why didn't everyone jump on that obvious bargain?

There were a lot of technology stocks in the bargain bin around that time frame that have doubled and more since then.

BB (off to Philadelphia on a trip...)

Author: efti Three stars, 500 posts Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8736 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/9/2003 12:00 PM
The GG board is still alive! That's good news.
I wonder how many still have (have again) GG portofolios...

Good luck GGemrs,
Efti

Author: captainccs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8737 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/9/2003 12:11 PM
I wonder how many still have (have again) GG portofolios...
Efti

I do. If not a gorilla portfolio, at least, gorillas in the portfolio.

Denny Schlesinger
Caracas - Venezuela
denny@softwaretimes.com

Author: Expoacher Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8740 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/9/2003 10:37 PM
Yes, Bruce, you are correct. However, let us not forgot one of our beloved from a couple of years ago....RBAK. Hope you got out in time.
Many were on the sale block and have since tripled or more, but some are no longer with us.

Author: yesindeedo Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8747 of 8764
Subject: Re: Nowadays I find myself looking at... Date: 7/11/2003 12:05 AM
I am still playing the GG too!

Rambus, Qualcomm and JDS Uniphase (my weak King).

Yes Indeedo!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement