UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 734519  
Subject: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/11/2013 6:56 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 22
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/after-meeting-nra-says-w...

"The National Rifle Association of America is made up of over 4 million moms and dads, daughters and sons, who are involved in the national conversation about how to prevent a tragedy like Newtown from ever happening again. We attended today's White House meeting to discuss how to keep our children safe and were prepared to have a meaningful conversation about school safety, mental health issues, the marketing of violence to our kids and the collapse of federal prosecutions of violent criminals," reads the NRA statement.

"We were disappointed with how little this meeting had to do with keeping our children safe and how much it had to do with an agenda to attack the Second Amendment. While claiming that no policy proposals would be “prejudged,” this Task Force spent most of its time on proposed restrictions on lawful firearms owners - honest, taxpaying, hardworking Americans. It is unfortunate that this Administration continues to insist on pushing failed solutions to our nation's most pressing problems. We will not allow law-abiding gun owners to be blamed for the acts of criminals and madmen. Instead, we will now take our commitment and meaningful contributions to members of congress of both parties who are interested in having an honest conversation about what works - and what does not."
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665742 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/11/2013 7:03 AM
Recommendations: 2
I just hope, as we approach the Constitutional Crisis that is seemingly unavoidable, that there are enough Democrats who care about the separation of powers and love what America has always been enough to step up.

I am hoping the Republicans alone can stop him. I would just like to find that there are actually Democrats, who though I may disagree with, are decent Americans.

I guess we will see.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665761 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/11/2013 9:25 AM
Recommendations: 0
Wait... the Team 0bama gun grabbers don't care about meaningful actions when it comes to reducing gun violence, they just want to demonize gun owners and take away the rights of citizens? I'm shocked! Wait, I touched an outlet wrong, I shouldn't do that. Now I'm not shocked.

Author: Colovion Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665764 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/11/2013 9:28 AM
I am hoping the Republicans alone can stop him. I would just like to find that there are actually Democrats, who though I may disagree with, are decent Americans.

There are plenty of Dems with high NRA-ILA grades, including Dan Boren (D-Oklahoma), my Rep. John Dingell (D-Michigan) and Harry Reid.

It's telling that Team 0bama couldn't get anything passed when they had majorities in both chambers of Congress, there were enough blue dog Dems to kill any anti-gun legislation. There are far fewer blue dogs now but the GOP has the House so any pure anti-gun bill is likely DOA there. We just have to watch those amendments to "must pass" legislation.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665769 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/11/2013 9:36 AM
Whatever 0 does will make people (low information voters and libs) feel good but will not solve the problem of sicko's killing people and will chip away at our constitutional rights.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 665982 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/12/2013 2:15 AM
Recommendations: 1
lowstudent says

You are pretty much on record that all Democrats are deluded, deranged, degenerate, dishonest, and devoted to the destruction of our country. For a while I loved you for that, but not any more.

Author: TheBaronAndrew Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666260 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/13/2013 9:39 PM
You are pretty much on record that all Democrats are deluded, deranged, degenerate, dishonest, and devoted to the destruction of our country. For a while I loved you for that, but not any more.

I just had to give you a rec simply for that impressive use of alliteration. Very clever.

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666275 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/13/2013 10:12 PM
You are pretty much on record that all Democrats are deluded, deranged, degenerate, dishonest, and devoted to the destruction of our country.

What, you are not happy he did't give you an exhaustive list? The general idea is there. Small samples are OK sometimes.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 666282 of 734519
Subject: Re: NRA Statement after Meeting With VP Date: 1/13/2013 10:22 PM
You are pretty much on record that all Democrats are deluded, deranged, degenerate, dishonest, and devoted to the destruction of our country.

What, you are not happy he did't give you an exhaustive list? The general idea is there. Small samples are OK sometimes

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement