Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

under the new tax law, if you hold any investment less than 18 months, you have a short-term gain and it is taxed at your ordinary income rate. That is, if you are in the 28% tax bracket, you will pay 28% tax on your gain. The only way to get the lower rates is to hold more than 18 months. check out some of the mutual fund homepages such as charles schawb(, aim (WWW.AIMFUNDS.COM)and mfs(WWW.MFS.COM) for more details on the new tax laws and how they will affect your investments.


Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.