UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 63383  
Subject: Nuclear War could solve global warming? Date: 3/2/2011 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I guess that's the Republican solution.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/02/110223-nucle...

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: drippinfool Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30686 of 63383
Subject: Re: Nuclear War could solve global warming? Date: 3/2/2011 10:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When you think about it, nuclear war would solve a number of problems. Outliving your money, hating your job, rising gas prices, growing old and feeble, losing your faculties (heck, losing your students for that matter), etc.

-drip

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30688 of 63383
Subject: Re: Nuclear War could solve global warming? Date: 3/2/2011 10:28 PM
OMG...that explains the neocons!

Author: PolymerMom Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30691 of 63383
Subject: Re: Nuclear War could solve global warming? Date: 3/2/2011 10:59 PM
Recommendations: 2
OMG...that explains the neocons!

That's one possibility.

Personally, I favor the Shock Doctrine explanation, a la Naomi Klein's book. <<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shock_Doctrine>> The idea is that the country has to be put into chaos before the time is ripe to institute "true" free market theory.

It didn't work to well in Chile. That was a violent upheaval by Pinochet's military overthrow of the government. The "Chicago School" economists in Chile did pretty good for a while - until the people revolted.

Shock Doctrine can also be accomplished by throwing the economy into a tailspin, which is what the neo-cons are trying to do by cutting taxes and increasing spending during the "Great Recession". Wisconsin is a prime example of the implementation in this country.

PM

Author: Hetepheres Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30709 of 63383
Subject: Re: Nuclear War could solve global warming? Date: 3/3/2011 9:14 AM
I read "The Shock Doctrine". Made me want to retch.

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 30715 of 63383
Subject: Re: Nuclear War could solve global warming? Date: 3/3/2011 10:34 AM
Yea, and death cures anthrax.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement