UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 37083  
Subject: Nudity & Self-Effacing Humiliation Pays Off Date: 10/8/2012 2:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Girls creator Lena Dunham ignites multi-million dollar bidding war, as offers for her debut book reach $3.7million"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2214619/Girls-crea...

Ken
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31671 of 37083
Subject: Re: Nudity & Self-Effacing Humiliation Pays Off Date: 10/8/2012 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Ken, you dont like GIRLS i take it???

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31672 of 37083
Subject: Re: Nudity & Self-Effacing Humiliation Pays Off Date: 10/8/2012 2:48 PM
"Ken, you dont like GIRLS i take it??? "

I don't think I'm the intended audience.

I thought the first ep, particularly dinner with the folks, was cute/funny. Gave up on it in ep2 but came back and caught up in a HBO marathon after all the hoopla and curiosity about what had I missed.

Was OK enough, I guess. Like I said, I don't think I'm the intended audience. Just not talking to me. Maybe if I was 40+ years younger and single, I would care more about trying to gauge how the other gender thinks about stuff? Never really got into "Sex and the City" either - just some occasional voyeurism. So, "Girls" may be brilliant - I don't get it, but I accept that could be me.

There's lots of comedies I like better, including "30 Rock" and "Veep." Liked "Go On" more until the recent cast addition of the "ghost." Even liked "The Mindy Project" more until the recent cast addition of the new nurse. So, that's 3 comedies off my personal rotation if and when "Girls" returns.

Ken

Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31673 of 37083
Subject: Re: Nudity & Self-Effacing Humiliation Pays Off Date: 10/8/2012 5:10 PM
I'm also old but I like The Mindy Project, I agree with you that pysco male nurse is a huge mistake...

as for Girls, I like the Jewish girl character who lives with her British cousin...

I wonder how Brian Williams from NBC Nightly News feels about his daughter Alison having simulated sex on TV and dropping the occasional "F" bomb and other sexual terms...

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 31674 of 37083
Subject: Re: Nudity & Self-Effacing Humiliation Pays Off Date: 10/8/2012 5:24 PM
Recommendations: 2
I wonder how Brian Williams from NBC Nightly News feels about his daughter Alison having simulated sex on TV and dropping the occasional "F" bomb and other sexual terms...

Given how often he prostitutes himself to NBC's entertainment shows (i.e., 30 Rock), I don't think he'd have much right to lecture her.

dsbrady

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement