Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (48) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193094  
Subject: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 12:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
I'm just catching up after being away from computers for a few days, and I came across the 10,000 thread.

I'm hesitant to say anything because of my "official" association with TMF. Please be assured that the forthcoming comments do not represent the position of The Motley Fool, Inc. For all I know they could be contrary to official company policy and get me fired. My opinion is strictly my own.

I don't care much for posts for the sole purpose of upping the counter. Among my reasons are the fact that, although TMF is free to the user, bandwidth and storage space are not free. (Disclosure: I'm not a TMF stockholder, but I hope to be one day.)

The main reason for my distaste lies elsewhere. I find it a drag to have to page through the "numbers" posts to get to the many interesting threads that appear on this board.

Quite literally, just my 2 cents.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
Print the post Back To Top
Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10129 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 12:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't care much for posts for the sole purpose of upping the counter.

Hey. Phil, you must just LOVE the British Invasion Board.

BTW - we weren't upping the counter IMHO. We were just competing for number 10,000. Semantics, I know.

Christina

Author: FOOLOPATH Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10132 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 1:02 PM
Recommendations: 1
I find it a drag to have to page through the "numbers" posts to get to the many interesting threads that appear on this board.

Phil,
I too don't care that much to merely run for the numbers. The people at this board, their lives, the things that they share, the support that they offer are the true attractions for me. When I don't have much time to be here, I miss it. I would rather attend a gathering of the Boomer Board than a High School Re-union.

Frank(Who would rather savor a meal than be force fed)

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10133 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 1:05 PM
The main reason for my distaste lies elsewhere. I find it a drag to have to page through the "numbers" posts to get to the many interesting threads that appear on this board.

Quite literally, just my 2 cents.

I know what you mean Phil. We should incorporate a prefix in post titles to allow bbers to skip to the meat, so to speak, of the posts, if filler type posting is in progress.

Tigerman, Imho do-able

Author: photon99 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10137 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 1:20 PM
I don't care much for posts for the sole purpose of upping the counter.

Your whole point was nicely made, Phil.

How do you feel about a few dozen posts agreeing with you though? ;-D

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10146 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 3:37 PM
Recommendations: 3
How do you feel about a few dozen posts agreeing with you though?

LOL! How could one argue with such taste?

Actually, "Amen!" "Me Too" "Couln't a said it better" etc. are all great uses of the "recommend" feature of the boards. A recommendation implies that one agrees with the sentiments of the post without adding messages to the thread.

I've seen very little "me too" posting on the various boards I've read here and lots of recommendations, which always catch my eye. I use it a lot to highlight posts I think people should see.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10149 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 3:59 PM
Recommendations: 2
lots of recommendations, which always catch my eye. I use it a lot to highlight posts I think people should see.

Phil:

Back to my mention of the British Invasion Board where EVERY post has at least 5 or 6 recs. What do you think about that? They like having a lot of posts on the Most Rec list every day.

Christina, inquiring minds want to know

Author: PHILLIP413 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10150 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 4:10 PM
I've seen very little "me too" posting on the various boards I've read here and lots of recommendations, which always catch my eye.

Me too. (sorry)

P413

Author: PalmerB Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10155 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 4:28 PM
Recommendations: 6
Like this one?
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1380393002214000
I wonder how much of the Fools money and bandwidth I wasted with that post : )
I'm surprised none of you mentioned the Gimme My Stars board. British Invasion? Harumph, they learned everything from us.
Palmer (Did I miss the 10,000 party?)

Author: swimdad Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10159 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 4:46 PM
I concur with Mr. Palmer.

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10160 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:01 PM

As to what?

Christina

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10161 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:02 PM
Back to my mention of the British Invasion Board where EVERY post has at least 5 or 6 recs. What do you think about that? They like having a lot of posts on the Most Rec list every day.

I knew there was a reason I didn't look at that board. Have pity on them. The sun evidently has set on the Empire, so they have to get their fun somewhere.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've never looked at the Most Rec list. Don't pay any attention to best seller lists either. But on boards where I know the suject matter interests me, I do pay attention to recommendations, to see what's catching Fools' eyes.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
An Anglophile in spite of this post

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10163 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:08 PM
Don't pay any attention to best seller lists either

Phil:

I don't either. Usually I don't agree with "everybody loves it" stuff. And then I have to explain WHY I didn't like it, etc.

And the most rec list here is absolutely meaningless - unless one is interested in the subject matter and then I agree with you.

BTW - sometimes the posts on the BI Board are very funny - it's just that all too often someone is posting "quotations" for 30 posts in a row, etc. or there are two people exchanhing one line quips for hours - nothing remotely substantive.

Unlike here at BBB where we only discuss major issues - like classic toys, e.g.!!!

Christina

Author: FOOLOPATH Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10164 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:14 PM
Unlike here at BBB where we only discuss major issues - like classic toys, e.g.!!!

And fishnet stockings...

Frank(Making the connection between classic toys and fishnet stockings something spiritual)

Author: TMFExRO Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10165 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:17 PM
Making the connection between classic toys and fishnet stockings something spiritual)

And bridging very nicely into the (as yet unread) sexual acrobatics thread that awaits me.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

Author: PHILLIP413 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10167 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:22 PM

As to what?
Christina

I would assume as to what he posted.

P413, not swimdad but answering anyway

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10169 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 5:37 PM
I would assume as to what he posted.

Johnny:

Well, like, duh?!?!

If you read Mr. Palmer's post, I think you might see that there is nothing in the post to concur with - IMHO.

Christina

Author: LucyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10173 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 6:55 PM
Recommendations: 55
Phil:
What irks me way more than that are the clowns who recommend your posts just for the sake of "giving" you rec. numbers. I still wish there was some way to know which of your posts were recommended so you can see what your fellow foolies thought was worth recommending.
Lucy

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10180 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 11:17 PM
http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1380393008527000&sort=postdate

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10184 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/7/2000 11:51 PM
Recommendations: 5
<<<I still wish there was some way to know which of your posts were recommended so you can see what your fellow foolish thought was worth recommending.>>>

This was suggested on the Improve the Fool board by malakito (I think) and I replied to that message seconding the thought. Perhaps if more Fools suggested that as an improvement, it might happen. Who knows?

~~ Alison

Author: Bob78164 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10186 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 12:48 AM
Lucy:

I still wish there was some way to know which of your posts were recommended so you can see what your fellow foolies thought was worth recommending.

Me:

On the (low-traffic) boards I frequent, it's easy. I check for the 25 most recommended post among My Favorites in the last 24 hours. It's usually the case that 1 recommendation is enough to make that list. Then I just look for my name. --Bob

Author: FOOLOPATH Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10187 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:18 AM
Congratulations Bob on being the apple of your son's eye.

Frank(Whatever happened to DADA?)

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10188 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:21 AM
I don't care much for posts for the sole purpose of upping the counter. Among my reasons are the fact that,
although TMF is free to the user, bandwidth and storage space are not free. (Disclosure: I'm not a TMF
stockholder, but I hope to be one day.)

<><><<>><

Why then would they give out those silly stars?

-Mark

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10189 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:23 AM
sorry you can only recommend a post to the Best of once
<><><><><>

And this is truly very sad.

-Mark

Author: monkeypuppy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10190 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:33 AM
Why would anyone spend the time to post dribble just to get a number.....?

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10191 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:35 AM
Why would anyone spend the time to post dribble just to get a number.

<><><>

Post dribble????

Author: monkeypuppy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10192 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:36 AM
or anything......

Author: monkeypuppy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10194 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:46 AM
Original Message

Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same
Author: TMFExRO Date: 8/7/00 3:37 PM Number: 10146
How do you feel about a few dozen posts agreeing with you though?

LOL! How could one argue with such taste?

Actually, "Amen!" "Me Too" "Couln't a said it better" etc. are all great uses of the "recommend" feature of the boards. A recommendation implies that one agrees with the sentiments of the post without adding messages to the thread.

I've seen very little "me too" posting on the various boards I've read here and lots of recommendations, which always catch my eye. I use it a lot to highlight posts I think people should see.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti

M>M<><M><M>M><M><M><M><M><M><M><M><M><M><M><M><MM<>M>M
M><M<>M>M<M><M>M><MM>M>M><M>M>MM><M>M>M<M>M<><M><M>M<

Or should the rec button be used as a clapping action to say jolly good job!

or is it a special thing to be used rarely for only those very special posts!

Author: monkeypuppy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10195 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:47 AM
Lucy.... I think Bob is right...!!

Author: LucyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10196 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:53 AM
Monkeypuppy & Bob#######;
Re: Bob's recommendation to find which posts have been rec'd I didn't know any of mine had been rec'd until I'd been posting quite awhile, and I went back to the beginning of my posts, double checked & couldn't find which ones had been. I don't check my profile for the total # every day, so don't know when one has been rec'd. It's not that important,to take up my time online, but it would be a nice service if TMF could figure out how to do it.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Lucy

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10197 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:56 AM
I don't check my profile for the total # every day

<><><><

Monkeypuppy on the other hand checks his profile after everypost. That we he always knows 1) who he is and 2) if he's been rec'd.

-Mark

Author: monkeypuppy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10198 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:57 AM
Really... I do.... Monkey checks the rec's....
puppy thinks of something to say......

we are such a close knit species!!

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10199 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 2:00 AM
Really... I do.... Monkey checks the rec's....
puppy thinks of something to say......

<><><><>

Maybe we all should be a double animal like you.....then we could read and write twice as many posts, not to mention those frivolous rec's

-Mark

Author: monkeypuppy Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10200 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 2:04 AM
it may help to have multi-syllable names....

at least that is what i've heard!!

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10207 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 10:49 AM
I still wish there was some way to know which of your posts were recommended

Lucy:

If you click on "Baby Boomers" at the top of your post and look at the list, you can see which posts were recommended and how many times.

All you need to do is look at the list for each Board that you post on - takes a few seconds for each Board.

I assume you know that post 10173 was recommended 31 times!!

Christina

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10209 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 11:42 AM
Why then would they give out those silly stars?

Mark:

What a great question!

You would think that TMF wants posters to post a lot, wouldn't ya? But then again, maybe they only want QUALITY posts - not posts just for quantity.

Wait a minute - the stars are for quantity, aren't they?

Gee.

BTW - I agree with Phil that sometimes I just want to read the stuff I'm interested in. But I don't know what I'm interested in until I read the post, do I? Hmmmmmm.

Christina, thinking that I like the significant number posts just because I do. (Must be a character flaw.)

Author: oldaugie Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10210 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 11:54 AM
Christina, thinking that I like the significant number posts just because I do. (Must be a character flaw.)

That and the fact its about the only time we can coax Creighton out of the rafters - with or without a mini-tramp

Carolyn

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10211 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 12:02 PM
BTW - I agree with Phil that sometimes I just want to read the stuff I'm interested in. But I don't know what I'm interested in until I read the post, do I? Hmmmmmm.

I think from the fools perspective, they want quality posts rec'd so the overall content is 'useful', from a financial perspective, to all the post readers.

How then to change to one based on say, each top 25 or top 50 rec'd posts with financial content gets you a 'point', rather than a rec number.

BTW, I haven't fav'd anyone and please don't take that as a snub, if anything, I never decided what to interpret faves to mean or be.
I here and now tell you all I enjoy everyone's company here and I think you all are special since we all are doing that boomer thing together.
I'm not perfect and I don't expect perfection from anyone else. I rarely preview my posts so I have typos and you end up reading what's on my mind at the moment. If I was working, I wouldn't be here posting probably and would have never crossed paths with you. I have gained from my association here and you have helped me maintain my perspective and sanity.
For that, I am very grateful.

Tigerman

Author: ccsmith Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10212 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 12:32 PM
That and the fact its about the only time we can coax Creighton out of the rafters - with or without a mini-tramp

Absolutely, Totally Fal.. er, I mean...

How Horribly Untru.. er...

Look, that's only 'kinda-sorta' true. Why, I just posted this morning at 10:23 (#10204).

Now, on the subject of this thread...

For The Record (standing tall in my new (rockin' cool) Cyber Antlers): I now have my own, official policy on trying to snag Significant Post Numbers. I will no longer engage in this practice (unless specifically invited to do so). I will hold myself aloof, considering it beneath my dignity.

Instead, from this moment on, I will indulge in "Post Grubbing," which I define as trying to snag post numbers which are 'aesthetically pleasing.' I note, in passing, that not all numbers ending in '000' are such. I also note, with warmest regard and congratulations, that in the last couple days I have seen my fellow Boomers snag such post numbers as 10001, 10101, etc (palindrome post numbers), 10007, 10009, 10037, etc (prime post numbers), to mention only a couple.

Creighton
(Who thinks the very lack of obvious, outstanding features makes the Post Number 10212 quite pleasing, aesthetically speaking.)

Author: BobSch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10213 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:05 PM
(Who thinks the very lack of obvious, outstanding features makes the Post Number 10212 quite pleasing, aesthetically speaking.)

Boy, that's got me boiling.

Bob

Author: ccsmith Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10214 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:18 PM
Boy, that's got me boiling.

Oh, come on, Bob. At 10212 Fahrenheit degrees you'd jump straight past 'boiling' and sublime-ly pass directly into a gasseous state.

Creighton
(Do you really want to do Science Puns???)

Author: AlisonWonderland Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10216 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 1:27 PM
<<<(Do you really want to do Science Puns???) >>>

If you do, you've got company.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?id=1350009000191000

~~ Alison

Author: LucyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10263 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 6:12 PM
Christina:

I just discovered that post 10173 was recommended 47 times (I think) and all I can say to those "clowns" who recommended it is : Uncle!

Lucy
promising to never complain again, please let up on me.

p.s. Christina, thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it.
L

Author: markandsusanv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10265 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 6:17 PM
I just discovered that post 10173 was recommended 47 times (I think) and all I can say to those "clowns" who recommended it is :
Uncle!

<><><><><>

The clowns will continue to recommend your very brilliant work!!!

-Mark

Author: LucyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10266 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 6:17 PM
Oh, yes, Christina. I know that's how you check on recommended posts. My problem is that I haven't been checking since I started posting and one day discovered that I had x# of recommended posts on my profile page and I didn't know which ones had been recommended. I tried going back to my first postings but it proved too tedious & time consuming to find all of them.
Thanks for your help.
How's Dad doing?
Lucy

Author: LucyM Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10270 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 6:22 PM
Tigerman:
you add so much to this board that we'd have missed a lot if you WERE working!

Does God work in mysterious ways, or what?
Lucy
(not being facitious, I really believe that)

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10278 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/8/2000 8:49 PM
Does God work in mysterious ways, or what?
Lucy
(not being facitious, I really believe that)

Thank you Lucy and all my fellow posters.

Tigerman

Author: TexSilver Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10522 of 193094
Subject: Re: Numbers for the Sake of Same Date: 8/11/2000 11:35 AM
Randomly weighing in on the recs thingy.

I don't really have an insight one way or the other.

I simply observe that, once upon a time, you could go through days and days, neigh, even weeks, of posts on the BBB and see absolutely no recommendations whatsoever.

I don't know if the quality of posts is improving, or the culture of the board is changing.

Either way, an interesting progression. :)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (48) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement