UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: horsegoer One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: NYC Financial Advisor Date: 8/20/2012 1:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can anyone recommend a good fee only FA advisor in either NYC or Long ISland? THanks.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CABob Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70891 of 76237
Subject: Re: NYC Financial Advisor Date: 8/20/2012 3:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Have you tried the NAPFA web site?
http://www.napfa.org/
Or maybe Garrett?
http://garrettplanningnetwork.com/files/f_splash.htm?SPID=17...

Author: BruceCM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70892 of 76237
Subject: Re: NYC Financial Advisor Date: 8/21/2012 1:11 PM
I agree with CAbob, these are the two web sites to use.

NAPFA advisors are generally compensated as a % of assets under management (AUM...generally .5 to 1%), which tends to work best if you are retiring, have $$ in a retirement plan that will be moving to a brokerage account and you need assistance setting it up and managing the investments.

The Garrett Network advisors mostly work on an hourly basis, and would be best used if you are not only looking for investment advice, but also comprehensive financial planning assistance, to include such things as household cash flow, debt management, insurance needs, home refi questions, 529 plan savings questions, estate planning, etc

I believe both now require their advisors to hold the CFP designation or be enrolled in a CFP training program leading to taking the certification exam to be able to use the CFP designation.

BruceM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement