Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am 31 and have always done my taxes personally. However, this year I changed careers (from engineering to teaching) moved from CA to NY, and sold a townhouse in CO (my former former residence) that I had been renting for the last two years. I do understand that since I lived in the townhouse 2 out of the last 5 years, I don't have to pay capital gains (except for the amount I claimed for depreciation since I have been renting it).

Needless to say, I think my taxes may be too complicated to do on my own this year. Any suggestions for tax preparation help in New York City? I would also prefer to pay a professional that could help with my taxes AND give me some fee based financial planning assistance. I made a decent profit from selling my townhouse and want to do some long term investing. I will not be buying another house in the near future.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.