UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 753403  
Subject: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 10:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 50
>> A New York Times front page story today — New York Times! — might have killed President Obama’s re-election hopes. ... it is a deep look into the two outstanding flaws in Obama’s executive leadership:

1. How he vastly overrates his capabilities:

"But even those loyal to Mr. Obama say that his quest for excellence can bleed into cockiness and that he tends to overestimate his capabilities. The cloistered nature of the White House amplifies those tendencies, said Matthew Dowd, a former adviser to President George W. Bush, adding that the same thing happened to his former boss. “There’s a reinforcing quality,” he said, a tendency for presidents to think, I’m the best at this."

2. How he spends extraordinary amounts of time and energy to compete in — trivialities.
Kantor’s piece is full of examples of Obama’s odd need to (a) dominate his peers in everything from bowling, cards, golf, basketball, and golf (104 times in his presidency). Bear in mind, Obama doesn’t just robustly compete. The leader of the free world spends many hours practicing these trivial pursuits behind the scenes. Combine this weirdly wasted time with a consistent overestimation of his capabilities, and the result is, according to NYT’s Kantor:

"He may not always be as good at everything as he thinks, including politics."
Imagine, for a minute, that you are on the board of directors of a company. You have a CEO who is not meeting his numbers and who is suffering a declining popularity with his customers. You want to help this CEO recover, but then you learn he doesn’t want your help.
With some digging, you learn, to your horror, that the troubled CEO spends a lot of time on — what the hell? — bowling? Golf? Three point shots? While the company is going south?

What do you do? You fire that CEO. Clint Eastwood was right. You let the guy go. <<
http://www.forbes.com/sites/richkarlgaard/2012/09/03/did-the...

arrete
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TerryMcK Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 641960 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 11:40 AM
Recommendations: 1
aka, my definition of his presidency for 4 years - he is a schoolyard president.

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 641962 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 11:53 AM
Recommendations: 2
Why doesn't the liberal media (NYT and others) just come right out and admit that Obama is incompetent, a product of affirmative action and communist brainwashing.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 641965 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 11:58 AM
Recommendations: 2
Why doesn't the liberal media (NYT and others) just come right out and admit that Obama is incompetent, a product of affirmative action and communist brainwashing.
----------------

Because they'd have to admit they'd been dupes for over 4 years.

arrete

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 641971 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 12:13 PM
Recommendations: 0
"Kantor’s portrait of Obama is stunning. It paints a picture of a CEO who is unfocused and lost."

Sounds about right.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 641997 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 2:19 PM
he was elected purely because of his race, that was all that mattered.

hope and change that a person lacking in experience would somehow rise to the occasion, just because of his race, his speaking ability and his power structure.

Ugh!

Author: MadCapitalist Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642002 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 2:45 PM

That's not true. He also dresses well, and his teleprompter gives great speeches.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642008 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 3:24 PM

That's not true. He also dresses well, and his teleprompter gives great speeches.

Plus he may be dumb, vut the ain't stupid

Even with all that going for hum, he knew enough that he could not have been elected as a Republican or even a 'conservative' Democrat)

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642053 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 7:11 PM
"Kantor’s portrait of Obama is stunning. It paints a picture of a CEO who is unfocused and lost."

Sounds about right.

But Obama didn't make a wrong turn and get off the path.

The path made a wrong turn and failed to stay under his feet.

Author: arrete Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 642057 of 753403
Subject: Re: NYT is right! Date: 9/4/2012 7:40 PM
But Obama didn't make a wrong turn and get off the path.

The path made a wrong turn and failed to stay under his feet.
------------------------

Ent twigs got in the way! They were alive and nasty republicans.

arrete ... or something

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement