No. of Recommendations: 0
Im jealous.

He gets to hang around with Thailand's hottie of a Prime Minister.

JediG
Print the post Back To Top
Im jealous.

He gets to hang around with Thailand's hottie of a Prime Minister.

JediG

On a related note, a Thai princess is on the list of the world's most eligible Royals:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-worlds-most-eligible-roya...

(I still have my eye on Prince Amedeo of Belgium -- the one who works for Deloitte in NYC as some sort of financial consultant. I read an interview last night from a French magazine -- published about a year and a half ago -- where the interviewer asked him if he's romantically involved with anyone, and he replied, "I'd prefer to keep that private." Hmmm. The interview also revealed that the Prince's favorite meal is spaghetti with tomato sauce, basil, and olive oil, sprinkled with parmesan cheese. And in his spare time he likes going to the movies and trying new restaurants. Oh yes, I think we could hit it off really well. <grin>)
andrew, does the prince trigger your gaydar?
No. of Recommendations: 1
The interview also revealed that the Prince's favorite meal is spaghetti with tomato sauce, basil, and olive oil, sprinkled with parmesan cheese. And in his spare time he likes going to the movies and trying new restaurants. Oh yes, I think we could hit it off really well. <grin>)
--------/-/

Noodles and Company! Sounds like the perfect first date.

arrete
andrew, does the prince trigger your gaydar?

I'm thinking so. And so do others. He's now 26 and has never been linked with a woman. Ever. But then, my gaydar has never worked right, so who knows?

He is only seventh in line to the throne -- so there's really no big pressure on him to get married and produce an heir and all that. If he is gay, maybe he's freer to do his own thing because of that.

Oh, and I did read that the Prince has visited Chicago at least once recently -- to participate in the Chicago Marathon.
Noodles and Company! Sounds like the perfect first date.

I was actually there this afternoon. Had the spicy spaghetti and meatballs. It was a lot spicier than I remember. Probably because I've gotten away from it recently and have grown unused to it. A couple years ago when I was having that meal a couple times a week, I didn't notice as much.

It really is the best spaghetti sauce I've found in Chicago for the price.

If I were on a date with the Prince, however, I think we'd probably go somewhere a little nicer -- someplace with white tablecloths and real linen napkins, like maybe the Basil Leaf Cafe down the street.
"If I were on a date with the Prince, however, I think we'd probably go somewhere a little nicer -- someplace with white tablecloths and real linen napkins, like maybe the Basil Leaf Cafe down the street." - Andrew

Sometimes you get better food at places that aren't quite as sophisticated as or "less than nicer" places. I was in Knoxville, TN recently and I met up with a friend there and we went down to the Market Square in Knoxville and ate at some "nice" place and I was NOT impressed with the food. I would have preferred Subway to what we ended up with. Perhaps the reason some chain fast food places are as successful as they are is because their food is just good and what most people prefer?

One of my most favorite places to eat is a local Chinese Buffet. Especially when they are very busy because the food is kept fresh from the high turnover. That is when you get the best quality. It's all steaming hot and they keep bringing it out by the pan full.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 3
I was in Knoxville, TN recently

I just finished a book set close to Knoxville--Barbara Kingsolver's Flight Behavior--whoa, it was so good. Monarch butterflies, lots of scientists, poor families making do in the hills--I now know even more about the kinds of kids you were dealing with when you tried teaching school, Art. You would like it and I would have loved recommending it to GringoFool too because of the Monarchs, and his interest in them, and descriptions of his trip to see them in early 2011.

Crack open your wallet, Art, it's getting creaky from lack of use, and buy the book. Just this once. Or get it at your local library. Don't tell me you will wait until you can look for it at your gigantic McKay's Knoxville bookstore. ;-)
Crack open your wallet, Art, it's getting creaky from lack of use, and buy the book. Just this once. Or get it at your local library. Don't tell me you will wait until you can look for it at your gigantic McKay's Knoxville bookstore. ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------
Artimus is a cheapass isn't he! Heh! <g> Nice you brought up Gringo, he was one of the good guys. I noticed Art extended his life expectency recently, i remember a time he said he was dead and gone in 15, and today he said 20, either he got healthier due to the lack of Hostess products or he just gave himself 5 more years due to clean living <g>.
Artimus is a cheapass isn't he! Heh! <g> Nice you brought up Gringo, he was one of the good guys. I noticed Art extended his life expectency recently, i remember a time he said he was dead and gone in 15, and today he said 20, either he got healthier due to the lack of Hostess products or he just gave himself 5 more years due to clean living <g>.

Can't be the Hostess thing

Eating stuff with chemicals that giver it a shelf life of eternity has to make you live longer. I am pretty sure Twinkies got a bad rap on that one.
Sometimes you get better food at places that aren't quite as sophisticated as or "less than nicer" places....

One of my most favorite places to eat is a local Chinese Buffet. Especially when they are very busy because the food is kept fresh from the high turnover. That is when you get the best quality. It's all steaming hot and they keep bringing it out by the pan full.

Art

-------------------

Yep, out of the way hole in the walls can be great. One I go to periodically here is Mels Country Diner. Out in the middle of nowhere, no advertising, word of mouth only, place is always packed. Great hamburgers stacked one, two or three high, grilled on a real grill, the best onion rings imaginable, fried catfish breaded just right, green beans the way my grandmother made them with bacon and brown sugar, brocolli cheese caserole, mashed taters and cream gravy.

And to top it off, you can order a genuine IBC Root Beer in the brown bottle to wash it down.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Artimus is a cheapass isn't he! Heh! <g> Nice you brought up Gringo, he was one of the good guys. I noticed Art extended his life expectency recently, i remember a time he said he was dead and gone in 15, and today he said 20, either he got healthier due to the lack of Hostess products or he just gave himself 5 more years due to clean living <g>" - 2828

Just had a checkup the other day. Everything was pretty near perfect. Blood pressure 117/76, Cholesterol 179, blood sugar 105, EKG normal, digital prostate exam negative, and I didn't gain any weight from last year.

Dammit! <grin!>

Art
green beans the way my grandmother made them with bacon and brown sugar

I discovered these just recently. Yummy. It's now one of my favorite way to make green beans and will be on the table with the turkey!

Always ;-)
Hunzi
Advertisement