UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (79) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59804  
Subject: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 10:28 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Obama busts retirees nest egg by artificially keeping interest rates down!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870341060457621......

"Mr. Yeager is among the legion of retirees who find themselves on the wrong end of the Federal Reserve's epic attempt to rescue the economy with cheap money.

A long spell of low interest rates has created a windfall worth billions to banks, mortgage borrowers and others it was designed to benefit"

"The longer the central bank keeps interest rates low to stimulate the economy, the more money it pulls out of the pockets of millions of savers. Among the most vulnerable are retirees, who have few options to restore lost income on investments built up over entire lifetimes.

In 2009, according to the most recent data available from the Labor Department, average annual investment income for the 24.6 million American households headed by people 65 and older amounted to $2,564. That figure is down 34% from 2007, and is the lowest since 2003."

-----

In other words hayseedians, Obama puts retirees last (they don't give much to politicians) and hates anyone with 'wealth'. Why should they get income from it? Half of them live off SOcial Security and don't have any savings or get fat cat public sector pensions. It's the other half now scraping by.

Bailing out banks, unions, Government Motors, and others is more important to Obama than letting folks live on a bit more than dog food and Goodwill pr dumpster clothing.

Just you don't love that 0.24% interest from your 'savings'? While inflation is going up 5% a year for gas and food? Well, food up 50% and gas up 100% since Obama took office. Geez, what a great record!

t
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32074 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 11:04 AM
Recommendations: 0
Your link does not work.

PAGE UNAVAILABLE

The document you requested either no longer exists or is not currently available.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32075 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 11:10 AM
Recommendations: 2
That was not Obama, but it was Bush who appointed the Republican Ben Bernanke to lead the Fed.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32076 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 11:30 AM
works for me

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870341060457621...

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32077 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 11:32 AM
Obama kept Bernanke, and Obama is all for low interest rates.

Have you ever heard him talk about the plight of retirees?

Other than asying 'oh, we'll never touch your social security'.....but we'll chop your Medicare Advantage plans.......and strangle your docs......

Obama needs to have low interest rates, keep bailing out his buddies at the banks and Freddie and Fannie......rather than let things sort themselves out.

That means years and years of agony......and worsening housing markets, weaker and weaker banks...

t

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32078 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 1:24 PM
Recommendations: 5
Obama needs to have low interest rates, keep bailing out his buddies at the banks
More lies from t :-( Bush and Paulson were the fist of the Republicans to turn facist and nationalize the banks

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32079 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 2:17 PM
Recommendations: 10
telegraph complains,

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405274870341060457621.........

"Mr. Yeager is among the legion of retirees who find themselves on the wrong end of the Federal Reserve's epic attempt to rescue the economy with cheap money.

</snip>

Why do you have a significant portion of your allocation to fixed income at this rates? The stock market has doubled since March 2009.

Low interest rates are berry, berry good for stock investors.

intercst

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32080 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 2:25 PM
"Obama needs to have low interest rates, keep bailing out his buddies at the banks"

Fannie and Freddie are bleeding red ink to the tune of billions a week.

Obama still tells them to make crap loans and buy crap loans. THey now do 70% of all new mortgages. It's insanity.

You can still get loans for 3% down through 'special' give away programs authorized by Obama and the libs. Fannie and Freddie will buy them.

Obama needs to have low interest rates to allow him to spend like a drunken sailor with infinite limit credit cards.....

Just imagine what the US budget will look like when interest rates go up!...half our budget will go to repaying debt.

Right now the fed is printing new money by the trillions. Turns out it was 3.5 trillion in fairy money printed for QE1 and QE2..and no end in sight. Just print money.

The dollar has dropped nearly 50% in the past 10 years thanks to the lib drones.

Oil hit $120/bbl for Brent crude. It could go up to $200 this year.

Obama is destroying the wealth of savers...transferring it to his cronies, bankers, George Soros.....

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32081 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 2:30 PM
intercst: "Why do you have a significant portion of your allocation to fixed income at this rates? The stock market has doubled since March 2009.

Low interest rates are berry, berry good for stock investors."

-----

I'm over 70% in stocks now..... but that is still 30% that is getting creamed...by 6 and 7% CDs just matured. not many places to put that money and I'm not going 90% stock at my age.

Obama could care less about wealth destruction. That's what he is all about. If you got it, he wants to redistribute it. If you don't got it, he doesn't want you to get it. You need to pay most of your income to the government who will dole out 'what you need' maybe, and give the rest to those who 'really need it'. (welfare weenies and queenies).

Obama has the stock investors in his sights. Got to get 28% rate on those dividends and cap gais. Those stock investors have been 'taking advantage' of those who don't own stocks. They need to 'pay their fair share'. Likely 28%.

Then he'll figure out a way to get those not yet at SS retirement age, and 65 years old, to pay into Medicare and SS on their 'investment income'. That will get those 'hedge fund' types paying 'their fair share. Yep, whack them another 13%.

Why should 'investment income' be any different? intercst wouldn't mind paying his fair share with 13% SS and Medicare on top of 28% cap gains/dividend rate, right?

t.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32084 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 3:31 PM
Recommendations: 9
I wonder it t. has some sort of personality defect that keeps him from telling the truth?

“We can put light where there’s darkness, and hope where there’s despondency in this country. And part of it is working together as a nation to encourage folks to own their own home.” — President Bush, Oct. 15, 2002

Then his Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., told him that to stave off disaster, he would have to sign off on the biggest government bailout in history.

Mr. Bush, according to several people in the room, paused for a single, stunned moment to take it all in.

“How,” he wondered aloud, “did we get here?”

President Bush pushed hard to expand homeownership, especially among minorities, an initiative that dovetailed with his ambition to expand the Republican tent — and with the business interests of some of his biggest donors. But his housing policies and hands-off approach to regulation encouraged lax lending standards.

“There is no question we did not recognize the severity of the problems,” said Al Hubbard, Mr. Bush’s former chief economics adviser, who left the White House in December 2007.

“The Bush administration took a lot of pride that homeownership had reached historic highs,” Mr. Snow said in an interview. “But what we forgot in the process was that it has to be done in the context of people being able to afford their house. We now realize there was a high cost.”

“No one wanted to stop that bubble,” Mr. Lawrence B. Lindsey, Mr. Bush’s first chief economics adviser said. “It would have conflicted with the President Bush's own policies.”

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32085 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 4:07 PM
the 'everyone needs to own a home' policy goes back to Jimmy Carter (D) and the first CRA.

That was the start of the 'everyone must own a home' regardless of whether they can afford it or not.

It was expanded under Clinton twice.

IT was folks like 'community organizers who extorted banks into making loans to folks they knew likely would never pay them back...that really started the problem. Folks like community organizer Barack Hussein Obama, AYers, and the ACORN folks.

Bush was trapped by the excesses of the Clinton era...... with no way out other than a naturally pop to the bubble.

Obama is making it into a 20 year housing crisis...that he and other community organizers created in the first place.....

It will be 2 or 3 years until the bottom is reached, and the agony will persist.

The only thing being built here is rental units by the tens of thousands. No one wants to buy houses and 7 million want to sell.

Meanwhile, savers and retirees are getting killed by Obama keeping interest rates at near zero, while devaluing the dollar 5% a year to stave off inflation.

we got inflation.....by dropping the dollar....everything costs more. You just don't get cost of living raises in that case and the gov't saves a bundle of money. And has the ability to borrow trillions ore.

t.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32086 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 5:25 PM
I wonder it t. has some sort of personality defect that keeps him from telling the truth?

No doubt there. I wonder who recs his posts? I find it amazing anyone believes anythings he says.

For those who do rec tele's posts, here is an interesting video on subject of this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNqQx7sjoS8

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32087 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 5:26 PM
Bush was trapped by the excesses of the Clinton era...... with no way out other than a naturally pop to the bubble.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32091 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 5:54 PM

No doubt there. I wonder who recs his posts? I find it amazing anyone believes anythings he says.

For those who do rec tele's posts, here is an interesting video on subject of this thread:

--------------
So basically your post is not hearsay, or someone who was there telling what happened, or a reporter reporting, but THE ACTUAL WORDS OUT OF BUSH's MOUTH. Can't dispute that, tele.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32092 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 6:04 PM
"I wonder who recs his posts? "

Libs always live in a fantasy world. Most of them very isolated.....

they're like the rabid folks on the PA board that give 97 recs for posts that say "It's all Bush's fault'"

t.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32094 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 6:15 PM
Recommendations: 1
If you watch the video, its about

a) Loaning money to QUALIFIED borrowers...

b) creating 'affordable' housing that people can afford to buy

c) Cutting the red tape of closings - standardized forms and conditions, not 20 pages of fine print....

and so on....

Great stuff.......

What happened is community organizers extorted the lending of money to UNQUALIFIED borrowers, and demanded 'no doc' loans.......

Fannie and Freddie bonuses were based upon how much money was shoveled out the door. Bad business practice that resulted in the lib dems in F&F getting hundreds of millions in bonuses...

Bush tried to reform F &F, but Slimy Shumer and Dodd prevented it....

so it all collapsed thanks to the community organizers and lib dem sympathizers.

the worst is yet to come

t.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32096 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 7:02 PM
<<"I wonder who recs his posts? "

Libs always live in a fantasy world. Most of them very isolated.....

they're like the rabid folks on the PA board that give 97 recs for posts that say "It's all Bush's fault'"

t. >>

Heh, heh! That deserves a Rec, Tele!

Seattle Pioneer

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32097 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 7:58 PM
Wait a minute. This Fed was appointed by Bush. Even if he appointed them, Obama has no control over them.

I think these low interest rates are ridiculous too but I am not blaming Obama.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32099 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 8:23 PM
Obama pulls all the strings at the fed. So does Congress. All it takes is congressional interest in 'hearings' and the fed will kow-tow to whatever the administration wants.

Get real.

It's a government run by union money. And money from Soros via front groups.

t.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32113 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/4/2011 11:11 PM
Why do you have a significant portion of your allocation to fixed income at this rates? The stock market has doubled since March 2009.

so he can play the Victim and blame Obama?

you know ..the party of personal responsibility....

[ i had a substantial amount in a CD-ladder ... as they matured and the new rates sucked ..i bought dividend=paying utility stocks ... some have done really well ]

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32144 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 8:37 AM
Medicare Advantage plans

are a taxpayer rip-off. They were an expensive gold-plated Medicare experiment in privatization that is subsidized by the rest of us. The claim was that privatizing Medicare would save money, but it only proved what most of us knew--that privatizing Medicare would cost more.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32146 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 8:39 AM
I wonder who recs his posts?

I presume tele & SP rec each others'.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32156 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 10:33 AM
You know, tele, if you wear tin foil on your head, the voices stop....
--------------

Or is it the other way around????

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32158 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 10:42 AM
"You know, tele, if you wear tin foil on your head, the voices stop.... "

Heck, in the hot TX sun, any hat is a good hat. But tinfoil blows off too easy.

Nah, a tin foil hat doesn't receive the local station that broadcasts Rush, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin.

I use a 30 year old radio for that.......

Although a 50 foot wire attached to a rusty razor blade with a pencil lead would work OK too, but you need an earphone...or power speakers from your computer, to listen......

Libs all march in lock step, so the only thing they need is marching orders...usually chanting 'It's all Bush's fault', and 'Obama is Awesome'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VZW0wuH04&feature=relat...

t

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32166 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 12:28 PM
Nah, a tin foil hat doesn't receive the local station that broadcasts Rush, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin.
Libs all march in lock step

I see. You guys all listen to the same (nasty, ill-informed) media and we don't, but you think WE'RE in lockstep?!

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32168 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 12:49 PM
Obama pulls all the strings at the fed. So does Congress.
Which is it? The administration is Democratic and the Congress is Republican?

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32186 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 3:42 PM
if you wear tin foil on your head, the voices stop....

that helps ..but to be CERTAIN, you need to wear tin-foil gloves.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32198 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 5:32 PM
oh, I get it....someone has friends in high places and goes and blabs...interesting.

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32200 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 5:45 PM
oh, I get it....someone has friends in high places and goes and blabs...interesting.

sort of ,but not exactly.

any one can flag any post to be yanked for any reason.

the on-duty censor then decides whether to yank or not.

so you don't need <friends in high places> but it helps ...

( and on the whole, the censors lean in the TP direction ... <g>
NTTAWWT!!!!!! )

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32204 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 6:21 PM

Right, because raising rates would be really great for the country right now.

For the record, I'm a retiree and doing OK. Naturally, I'm in quality stocks, not fixed income.

Regards, TTT.
---------------------------------------------------

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32206 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 6:25 PM
"For the record, I'm a retiree and doing OK. Naturally, I'm in quality stocks, not fixed income."

Most seniors in their 70s and 80s and 90s are in CDs. That was the savings vehicle of their generation.

ALso savers are being punished.....little incentive to save when your checking account gives you 0.02% interest and a passbook account 0.1%, and a 'high yield' checking 1.2%.

Couple that with destruction of housing values....

more than 6 trillion in American 'savings' has been destroyed under Obam in the past 2 years. Half .........

t.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32215 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/5/2011 9:32 PM
Buffett's "yield on cost" for Coke is 29% and will probably double in the next 10 years. Amazing!!!

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32275 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/6/2011 6:36 PM
Most seniors in their 70s and 80s and 90s are in CDs. That was the savings vehicle of their generation.

Agreed. I'm not saying they should be forced to make better investments. But they'd be a lot better off if they did.

more than 6 trillion in American 'savings' has been destroyed under Obam in the past 2 years. Half

And how much wealth was destroyed by Bush and his inflation?

Regards, TTT.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32277 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/6/2011 8:50 PM
TTT:"And how much wealth was destroyed by Bush and his inflation? "

Very little.

The dot.com bust happened under Clinton, right?

t.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32278 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/6/2011 11:19 PM
more than 6 trillion in American 'savings' has been destroyed under Obam in the past 2 years. Half
-----------------
And how much wealth was destroyed by Bush and his inflation?

Regards, TTT.
---------------
I don't have an idea if what Bernake et al are doing is the right thing for this country, but I also don't doubt that whatever history books write, it won't be that Obama was the major blame for the state of affairs in this country. Maybe his staff hasn't done everything right--I don't know. But blaming Obama for a huge loss of wealth in this country just doesn't make sense to me. We have been in such a deep hole I doubt any one person could have pulled us out much better. And excuse me, but I don't like everything Obama does. You can keep saying every Democrat or liberal loves him, believes everything he says and never questions him. But that is not true because I am one who doesn't.
------------------------
The Consequences of Conservatism
Loss of Wealth Stunning During Great Recession
http://www.thewashingtoncurrent.com/2011/03/consequences-of-... <snip>
Wealth destruction probably doesn’t adequately capture what happened in the early stages of the crisis. Wealth was vaporized at a breathtaking, eye-popping speed. American families lost a total of $19.4 trillion (in 2010 dollars) in household wealth from June 2007 to March 2009, when the stimulus started to take hold. First it was the housing market, and then it was the housing and the stock market together that tanked. American families lost $6.4 trillion in home value during this period.
--------------------
don't like that article? -- try this one--

Global Post-Crisis Economic Outlook
By Henry C.K. Liu
Part I: Crisis of Wealth Destruction
http://www.henryckliu.com/page220.html
<snip>
The financial crisis that first broke out in the US around the summer of 2007 and crested around the autumn of 2008 had destroyed $34.4 trillion of wealth globally by March 2009 when the equity markets hit their lowest points. On October 31, 2007, the total market value of publicly-traded companies around the world reached a high of $63 trillion. A year and four months later, by early March 2009, the value had dropped more than half to $28.6 trillion. The lost wealth, $34.4 trillion, is more than the 2008 annual gross domestic product (GDP) of the US, the European Union and Japan combined. This wealth deficit effect would take at least a decade to replenish even if these advanced economies were to grow at mid single digit rate after inflation and only if no double dip materializes in the markets. At an optimistic compounded annual growth rate of 5%, it would take over 10 years to replenish the lost wealth in the US economy.

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32293 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/7/2011 2:46 PM
I don't have an idea if what Bernake et al are doing is the right thing for this country, but I also don't doubt that whatever history books write, it won't be that Obama was the major blame for the state of affairs in this country.

Exactly. And the Republicans know it. That's why they're so angry.

Regards, TTT.

Author: TellsTheTruth Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32294 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/7/2011 2:48 PM
Very little.

And very much Republican denial.

Regards, TTT.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32295 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/7/2011 7:04 PM
We have paid a stupefying price to get a small economic recovery going.

Bailouts and pump priming have created a huge increase in the national debt.

Probably that was necessary --- I hope so. Both Bush and Obama shared in making those decisions.

Flooding the economy with dollars and torpedoing interest rates was a part of those policies, and again probably necessary.

Yes, people lose income when that happens ---- I did. But the liquidity I had kept me afloat during times of financial panic and uncertainty. That was a price worth paying.

Can we keep the recovery going? That is the next priority. The risk is that those floods of dollars will further torpedo the value of the dollar forcing interest rate increases that will terminate the recovery and throw us back into economic despair.

There are worse things than low interest rates.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32296 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/7/2011 7:36 PM
There are worse things than low interest rates.

That depends on whether you are a lender or a borrower :(

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32297 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/7/2011 8:30 PM
<<There are worse things than low interest rates.

That depends on whether you are a lender or a borrower :( >>

Sorry, I don't think lenders have ever had any interest rate guarantees, other than what they may have as part of a contract.

And actually, low interest rates are a great advantage to an economy, other things being equal.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: readyteddy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32304 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/8/2011 9:46 AM
The current interest rates do not reflect the risk of lending. I understand the Fed is trying to create a yield curve that will enable the banks to rebuild their balance sheets, but I don't have to like it.

The primary beneficiaries of low rates are speculators with access to credit and the will to use a lot of leverage. Since we basically have a casino society, I guess it's the way to go. Maybe we should just drop the money from airplanes.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32305 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/8/2011 10:31 AM
<<The primary beneficiaries of low rates are speculators with access to credit and the will to use a lot of leverage.>>

Well, when the Fed cut credit and raised interest rates, these were the people who got cut off at the knees in the squeeze. So I'm tempted to suggest that what goes around comes around, except of course they probably are often not the same people.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32315 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/9/2011 8:48 PM
Recommendations: 9
You can keep saying every Democrat or liberal loves him, believes everything he says and never questions him. But that is not true because I am one who doesn't.

tele believes in Republican politicians with an attitude of blind worship. He never disagrees with anything they say or do. Similarly, he disagrees with anything any Democrat says. He feels this way even if doing so requires logical inconsistency in his rationalizations - even if he has to make up blatant lies to rationalize his (the Republican) position. So tele cannot imagine that someone might prefer Obama over a Republican unless they also believe everything that Obama says and does is perfect. It's a black and white world to t. You either blindly worship Republicans or you blindly worship Democrats. In his strange world of only two simple minded options, he is forced to presume that anyone who supports any Democratic position must support all Democratic positions, and they are all exactly the same.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32316 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/9/2011 9:09 PM
salarygur--

I not only think you are right about tele, l but I think a lot of Republicans think the same way; they think Democrats only support Democrats or "Democratic" principles. I think it might be the defining difference between the parties. I have seen numerous polls--Republicans appear to be ideologues.

All the talk during campaigns is how to win Independents who are basically the center of the country. I expect to see campaign after campaign swing from one party to the other because of the shifting economy and the fervent hope of the Independents that the government will start to work again. I'm not holding breath on that one. We're in for years of government incompetence in Washington, DC, especially if the tea party remains a strong factor.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32317 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/9/2011 10:06 PM
"We're in for years of government incompetence in Washington, DC, especially if the tea party remains a strong factor. "

You've had it for 40 years with folks voting for programs that self destruct after 40 to 50 years.

WHen Medicare was voted in, it took a few percent of the resources. Now it will shortly take 40% of the entire budget.....unsustainable.

It's like no one in DC ever understood or wanted to understand economics and reality.

Vote for it, because the bill to pay for it will come due long after you are out of Congress. Both parties guilty, but especially the lib dems and their 'big government' plans.

Well, big government will come to an end, one way or another.

Either the country goes bankrupt and no one will lend to us, or we have to pay 10-15% interest (like in the 80s) which takes up 50% of the national budget each year just paying interest....leaving almost nothing for everything else...

or we get spending under control, fix the entitlement programs.

I'm amazed the libs are still totally oblivious to the problem.

They think they can borrow and borrow with no consequences. Forever...trillions up to 100 trillion or more!....

You can't be spending what you don't have.

The Tea Party is the only salvation.

PS..intercst must be on yet another vacation.....

t.

t.

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32318 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/9/2011 11:41 PM
I not only think you are right about tele, l but I think a lot of Republicans think the same way; they think Democrats only support Democrats or "Democratic" principles. I think it might be the defining difference between the parties. I have seen numerous polls--Republicans appear to be ideologues.

I think it is human nature to accept opinions that we already agree with and reject those we don't. However, I argue that conservatives in general take that to an extreme.

Here's the top ten weekly radio shows (from wiki)

Program Weekly Listeners
in Millions
The Rush Limbaugh Show 15+
The Sean Hannity Show 12+
The Savage Nation (Michael Savage) 9+
Glenn Beck Program 9+
The Mark Levin Show 8.5+
The Dave Ramsey Show 8.5+
The Dr. Laura Program 8+
Delilah 8+
The Neal Boortz Show 6+
The Laura Ingraham Show 6+

Those data might be old, because I thought Dr. Laura ended her sho (again source is wiki). Anyway, Delilah is music request show and Dave Ramsey is a financial show with Christian leanings. The rest are right wing talk radio (Dr. Laura is on the bubble, certainly right wing). We all know that in the entertainment world anything successful is copied immediately. At least seven (eight if you count Dr. Laura) of those top ten shows are right wing copies of Rush Limbaugh.

So why aren't there center or left wing talk radio copies of the Rush Limbaugh model? Seems like that's an obvious untapped market, right? Well, it has been tried, but obviously not enough liberals are interested in an show that simply reinforces their beliefs to make a commercial product.

The argument some conservatives offer is that NPR is are liberal and therefore the same type of thing as Rush. I personally don't see the liberal bias in NPR, but anyone arguing that NPR partisan or politicized in the way that Limbaugh is partisan and politicized is drinking the Kool-Aid.

Bruce Bartlett is a conservative economist who worked for Jack Kemp, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush. He was quoted making some comments critical of George W. Bush in the NYT. He relates the aftermath--such as it was:

A few days after the article appeared I was at some big conservative event in Washington. I assumed that my conservative friends would give me a lot of crap for what I said. But in fact no one said anything to me--and not in that embarrassed/averting-one's-eyes sort of way. They appeared to know nothing about it.

After about half an hour I decided to start asking people what they thought of the article. Every single one gave me the same identical answer: I don't read the New York Times. Moreover, the answers were all delivered in a tone that suggested I was either stupid for asking or that I thought they were stupid for thinking they read the Times.

I suppose this shouldn't have surprised me, but it did. After all, the people I was questioning weren't activists from the heartland, but people who worked on Capitol Hill, at federal agencies, in think tanks and so on. They represented the intelligentsia of the conservative movement. Even if they felt they had no need for the information content of the nation's best newspaper, one would have thought they would at least need to know what their enemies were thinking.

http://www.capitalgainsandgames.com/blog/bruce-bartlett/1660...

Not only do many (most?) conservatives seek out sources that reinforce their beliefs, they proudly reject even considering sources that think might not reinforce their beliefs. We see it all the time on the boards here.

Author: tjscott0 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32319 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 12:46 AM
Bruce Bartlett is a conservative economist who worked for Jack Kemp, Ronald Reagan, and George H.W. Bush. He was quoted making some comments critical of George W. Bush in the NYT.

Bartlett not only has made comments, but has written a book explaining that Bush isn't a conservative, but a shallow opportunist.
"Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy"

I a conservative that has quit voting for a republican president since 2004. The libertarian presidential candidate has been receiving my vote. I listen to Rush mebbe once every week, but to none of the others on that list. I do listen to Chris Matthews & Dylan Ratigan on MSNBC 4/5 times a week & read the Washington Post & NYTimes & The Drudge Report & conservative columnists at Townhall.com & my local newspaper daily.

Oh and what I found funny of the Bartlett story;"After about half an hour I decided to start asking people what they thought of the article. Every single one gave me the same identical answer: I don't read the New York Times." It mirrors the story of democrats the day after the 1972 election. They were shocked that Nixon won because everyone they knew had voted for McGovern.

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32320 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 1:49 AM
It mirrors the story of democrats the day after the 1972 election. They were shocked that Nixon won because everyone they knew had voted for McGovern.

Phhhtttt. Not likely. Nixon won by a wide margin and all the polls indicated that he would. Virtually no one was surprised.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32321 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 2:21 AM
<<PS..intercst must be on yet another vacation.....
>>

Perhaps someday he will explain from what he is taking a vacation.....

I do find it amazing that no matter how many thousands or tens of thousands he travels by jet airliner or cruise ship he maintains he uses no fuel for his travels.

Giving your travel an exemption from global warming values is one of the endearing delusions of my liberal friends, but I do find it amazing that intercst can believe such things.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32322 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 2:32 AM
<<The argument some conservatives offer is that NPR is are liberal and therefore the same type of thing as Rush. I personally don't see the liberal bias in NPR, but anyone arguing that NPR partisan or politicized in the way that Limbaugh is partisan and politicized is drinking the Kool-Aid.>>

I certainly think NPR has a distinctly liberal bias, but it's mainly in the choice of subjects covered, and only secondly in the way they are covered. Certainly NPR isn't the overt propaganda that Limbaugh and Beck are.

On the other hand, MSNBC is pretty close to Libbaugh with some of their programming. Personally I like Chris Mathews "Hardball" program.
Mathews has a definite liberal perspective, but he's an interesting and honest guy. I enjoy his show for the same reason I enjoy the discussion of my liberal friends on this board.

But some of the later programs are pretty much in the mold of Limbaugh ---- flat out uncompromising partisanship designed to explain how the issues of the day should be understood from a left wing perspective. That's like the Political Asylum Board on the Fool, and I can only take a diet of that or Limbaugh for a maximum of about five minutes, and usually don't watch it at all.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: putnid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32323 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 4:40 AM
So why aren't there center or left wing talk radio copies of the Rush Limbaugh model? Seems like that's an obvious untapped market, right? Well, it has been tried, but obviously not enough liberals are interested in an show that simply reinforces their beliefs to make a commercial product.

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Factor in corporate support for programming that primarily serves the corporation's interest. Not too many corporations are willing to sponsor programming that calls into question dubious corporate behavior.

Corporate America essentially boycotted Air America. Rush Limbaugh? Heck, he's got sponsors out the wazoo 'cuz he preaches to the choir comprised of America's wealthiest wealth interests.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32324 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 10:01 AM
SP:"I do find it amazing that no matter how many thousands or tens of thousands he travels by jet airliner or cruise ship he maintains he uses no fuel for his travels.

Giving your travel an exemption from global warming values is one of the endearing delusions of my liberal friends, but I do find it amazing that intercst can believe such things."

He's one of the 'elites'. Rules don't apply to them and they are exempt from the reality of science. Simple.

t.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32326 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/10/2011 11:49 AM
sykesix--

great post, very interesting -- at least to me.

someone else posted that corporate America (sponsors) doesn't want to support liberal radio because it undermines their business (or words to that affect). I think that is a good point, too.

Are there any national liberal radio shows? Was Air American the only one? Is talk radio only on AM? I might go check out more radio shows now that I only have basic cable. But I cannot stomach most of those "conservative" shows--I put that in quotes because what they spout goes way beyond conservative (at least the lambasted clips are that way) into the realm of ridiculous. Glenn Beck is a perfect example.

Author: StockGoddess Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32445 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 12:00 PM
Recommendations: 7

I'm amazed the libs are still totally oblivious to the problem.

They think they can borrow and borrow with no consequences. Forever...trillions up to 100 trillion or more!....

Libs? Clinton balanced the budget. Bush II was running up deficits in his first year in office.

You've got a pretty short memory.
-=-

Former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill was told "deficits don't matter" when he warned of a looming fiscal crisis.

O'Neill said he tried to warn Vice President Dick Cheney that growing budget deficits-expected to top $500 billion this fiscal year alone-posed a threat to the economy. Cheney cut him off. "You know, Paul, Reagan proved deficits don't matter," he said, according to excerpts. Cheney continued: "We won the midterms (congressional elections). This is our due." A month later, Cheney told the Treasury secretary he was fired.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32446 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 1:41 PM
"Clinton balanced the budget. Bush II was running up deficits in his first year in office."

That's because of the mess Clinton left him!

t.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32447 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 3:34 PM
To paraphrase Jon Kyl anything t says is not intended to be a factual statement

Author: DufusGoneSplat Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32451 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 5:30 PM
Recommendations: 68
Now that’s funny!
			Clinton Left Office		Bush Left Office
Unemployment 4.2% 7.7%
DOW 10,588 7,949
Wars Started 0 2
Recessions 0 2
Budget Surplus/Deficit +128,236 -1,412,688
National Debt 5,727,776,738,304.64 10,626,877,048,913.08

I could go on, but why??

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32454 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 6:24 PM

I think t means that Clinton didn't catch bin Laden, so Bush had to do it. Wait...

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32455 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 6:31 PM

I think t means that Clinton didn't catch bin Laden, so Bush had to do it. Wait...

no .. in tea-bagger land, there's a lag between what a president does and the effect such that if it's bad, the blame goes to most recent Democrat and if it's good, credit goes to the most recent Republican (unless he would be Bush-I, then it goes to Reagan)

o .... and sometimes it's Obama's fault no matter what

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32456 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 6:50 PM
Hey Dufus---

<<Wars Started 0>>

Oh, I think Clinton gets charged for our war in Bosnia.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32457 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 6:58 PM
<<That's because of the mess Clinton left him!

I think t means that Clinton didn't catch bin Laden, so Bush had to do it. Wait... >>

Heh, heh! It's pretty clear that our security forces had Osama in their sights while Clinton was in office. They could have pulled the trigger but didn't.

A good part of that reason was leftover from the Church Commission of the 1970s which crucified our national security apparatus over efforts to assassinate Castro and such.

That arguably proved to be excessive and irresponsible when it allowed Bin Laden to stay alive in the 1990s when he was already waging war against the United States.

In my view, it's plausible to blame the Church Commission and Democrat excesses of the 1970s for allowing the 9/11 attack to take place.

I don't really blame Clinton for that. He was restricted by those excesses in what he felt he could approve. He MIGHT have approved taking Bin Laden out, but he might well have been attacked politically for doing so.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32458 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 7:51 PM
Obama just started a war in Libya. lIkely to be a QUAGMIRE. Money pit.

The rebels are demanded 2 billion. If we give them 2 billion, likely a billion will wind up buying IEDs to blow up our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.......

Even worse, Obama can't close Gitmo, the terrorists he let go from there are now training Al Queda types in western Libya (Libya has sent more to Iraq to fight the US than any other nation).....

Obama will be quagmired in AFghanistan. More troops have died under his watch - just 2 years - than in 8 years of Bush.

OBama - the war monger....

Worse, he ticked off Saudi Arabia, and has left Egypt in a giant mess.

Syria is a big mess and he is responsible for a lot of it.

t.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32459 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 8:40 PM
Recommendations: 4
OBama - the war monger....
To paraphrase Jon Kyl anything t says is not intended to be a factual statement

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32460 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 8:41 PM
I don't really blame Clinton for that. He was restricted by those excesses in what he felt he could approve. He MIGHT have approved taking Bin Laden out, but he might well have been attacked politically for doing so.

Actually, Clinton did approve taking out bin Laden AND was attacked politically for doing so.

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32461 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 8:48 PM
"Clinton did approve taking out bin Laden AND was attacked politically for doing so. "

Clinton was too busy boinkin interns to worry about anything else...

other than getting Hillary set for a run for President...

t.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32463 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/14/2011 10:13 PM
I think I'll take t off block so I can join in the game....seems to fit.

Author: IBPore Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32467 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 4:28 AM
0x6a74: o .... and sometimes it's Obama's fault no matter what

At least they've stopped blaming everything on Clinton.

I.B. Pore

Author: IBPore Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32468 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 4:32 AM
Actually, Clinton did approve taking out bin Laden AND was attacked politically for doing so.

At some point in ush's first campaign, he commentd on Clinton's failed attempt to kill bin Laden with a Tomahawk missile.

"At least I won't shoot a million-dollar missile up a camel's ass."

or words to that effect.

I.B. Pore

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32469 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 5:58 AM
Clinton was too busy boinkin interns to worry about anything else...
t.
We would be better off if Bush had screwed an intern instead of the economy and us.

Author: Ga1Dawg Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32470 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 6:02 AM
I think I'll take t off block so I can join in the game....seems to fit.
I keep either t. or SP on block. They just parrot each other anyway.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32477 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 11:58 AM
<<"Clinton did approve taking out bin Laden AND was attacked politically for doing so. "

Clinton was too busy boinkin interns to worry about anything else...>>

I thought Clinton approved taking Osama out WHILE he was being boinked by Monica....

A man who could multi task!

Seattle Pioneer

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32480 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 2:19 PM
Recommendations: 4
t:

"Libs all march in lock step, so the only thing they need is marching orders...usually chanting 'It's all Bush's fault', and 'Obama is Awesome'."

No, no, no! You're confused.

You mean:

"Conservatives all march in lock step -- the only thing they need is marching orders -- usually chanting "It's all Obama's fault," and "Limbaugh is Awesome."

Ya gotta get it right. Uh... I mean correct.

Vermonter

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32482 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 3:04 PM
<<t:

"Libs all march in lock step, so the only thing they need is marching orders...usually chanting 'It's all Bush's fault', and 'Obama is Awesome'."

No, no, no! You're confused.

You mean:

"Conservatives all march in lock step -- the only thing they need is marching orders -- usually chanting "It's all Obama's fault," and "Limbaugh is Awesome."

Ya gotta get it right. Uh... I mean correct.

Vermonter >>

Most commonly, each political party is right about the other....

Seattle Pioneer

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32483 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 4:04 PM
0x6a74: o .... and sometimes it's Obama's fault no matter what

yes... that's worth Something..

also have stopped blaming Carter for Reagan's faults

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32484 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 4:12 PM
SP:

Isn't it sickening, really?

My post was truly tongue in cheek, obviously.

Obama pontificates and lectures like a damn professor instead of actually speaking clearly about anything, and his opponents keep drumming up the same old crap that is against ANYTHING he or the Democrats mention.

How I wish EITHER "side" showed intelligence enough to actually LISTEN to each other, talk to each other, and try to find some kind of common sense approach to ANYTHING!

I have to shake my head when I listen to them.

Vermonter

Author: sykesix Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32485 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 5:07 PM

You missed this post:

http://boards.fool.com/quotclinton-balanced-the-budget-bush-...

Author: IBPore Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32486 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 5:13 PM

You missed this post:

http://boards.fool.com/quotclinton-balanced-the-budget-bush-......

Well, that was an easy miss. Any resemblance to the truth from that one is merely coincidental.

I.B. Pore

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32488 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 5:48 PM
t:

"Libs all march in lock step, so the only thing they need is marching orders...usually chanting 'It's all Bush's fault', and 'Obama is Awesome'...#NotIntendedToBeAFactualStatement

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32490 of 59804
Subject: Re: Obama kills retiree nest eggs Date: 4/15/2011 5:53 PM
Libs are now chanting in unison....'the republicans want to starve granny, kick her out of the nursing home and deny care to Down's Syndrome babies and those needing 24/7 medical care'.

Schumer, Pelosi....Obama - the endless list.

It's pathetic.

They have a cheat sheet. Schumer said so......said everyone had to call the tax cuts 'extreme'....that is what he was 'told' to say.

The libs are so dumb they can't think for themselves. They have to be told what to say.

t.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (79) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement