No. of Recommendations: 2
Can't wait for Peggy Noonan and George Will's analysis.

http://www.bostonherald.com/track/celebrity/view.bg?articlei...

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yeah...Obama has time to meet with every gymnast and athlete in the USA...

but not with the leader of Israel.

And what is blowing up at the moment? Not the US Olympic team.

What is being bombarded daily by rockets (300 in one day)>..?

not the Olympic team or any US team, at all.

So why is Obama wasting time on trivia?

Simple..he doesn't know how to lead, doesn't want to lead, and spends most of his time either still campaigning - the only thing he knows how to do - or on trivia like meeting and greeting athletes.

Thanks for posting the link

It shows what a boob we have in the White House.

t.
Obama has time to meet with every gymnast and athlete in the USA

Wow! Every single athlete! I believe he met one of the dressage horse owners a few times as well ;-)

but not with the leader of Israel.

Since they speak on the phone, who cares.
"Since they speak on the phone, who cares. "

He could talk with the athletes on the phone too, right? save a lot on travel dollars and WH security screening all visitors, right?

Yepper....

But he doesn't.

Face it, he's a two bit community organizer showing his great 'skills' of entertaining athletes, but totally lost in the real world of governing or leadership.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 3
<<Face it, he's a two bit community organizer showing his great 'skills' of entertaining athletes, but totally lost in the real world of governing or leadership. >>

Let's deal with reality, tele. Obama is an enormously talented politician, and a very appealing guy personally.

He certainly came into office woefully short of the experience he needed to govern effectively, and the country has paid a price for that.

Personally, I'd be delighted to have Obama as President if he were a conservative and an "R."

But since he is the opposite, I'm concerned about how much more damage he will do as a Dem. He did quite a lot of damage during his first term.

Will he solve real problems like the deficit and foreign policy issues? Or will he again focus on throwing money at problems and pandering to the Dem base? I'm expecting more damage than solutions, but I'd be glad to be surprised.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 11
You know, Tele, I am sorry your precious Romney did not win. (Since this is the Retire Early LIBERAL Edition, we could rub your nose in it.)

Maybe one of these days, the Repubs will be able to communicate with the "common" man as do the Democrats. Maybe one of these days the Repubs will think of someone's misfortunes and think, "What can I do to alleviate their suffering". A case in point is Hurricane Sandy. Rather than do nothing, Romney could have taken a small portion of those millions of his dollars and started a relief effort, delivering supplies himself. But, no. He continued campaigning. I saw nothing constructive that he said or did for those suffering on the northeast coast. (Kind'a reminds me of Bush during Hurricane Katrina.)

If you do not like the liberal positions, you do not need to be on this Board.

Donna (who is getting fed up)
SP, I would suggest you contact Rep. Boehnner and communicate your dismay. The President can do little without Congressional support.

Donna
No. of Recommendations: 10
Will he solve real problems like the deficit and foreign policy issues?

Sometimes the wingnuts just crack me up. This is just precious, isn't it?

Will Obama solve the deficit problem . . . that Bush created by giving away the surplus in tax give-aways?

Will Obama solve the foreign policy issues . . . that Bush-Cheney created by starting two wars and crowing about spreading Democracy to the Middle-East?

How is that plan to create jobs and growth with massive tax give-aways to the wealthy working out? And how's that spread of Democracy working out for you?

Oh . . . it's not. So naturally you blame Obama for not fixing the Republican mess fast enough. All the while being the most obstructive minority political party in the history of the county.

Republicans today really are acting in a way that borders on treason.
<<Will he solve real problems like the deficit and foreign policy issues?

Sometimes the wingnuts just crack me up. This is just precious, isn't it?

Will Obama solve the deficit problem . . . that Bush created by giving away the surplus in tax give-aways?

Will Obama solve the foreign policy issues . . . that Bush-Cheney created by starting two wars and crowing about spreading Democracy to the Middle-East? >>

As usual, SalaryGuru thinks the United States, and George Bush in particular, are the font of the problems of the world.

Meantime, of course, the Israelis and their neighbors are lobbing rockets and artillery shells at each other once again. But we'll just ignore that.

Seattle Pioneer
DOnna whines:"A case in point is Hurricane Sandy. Rather than do nothing, Romney could have taken a small portion of those millions of his dollars and started a relief effort, delivering supplies himself."

Really? DId Obama take any of his millions and donate them to victims of Sandy?

Did you do anything other than a publicity visit with Christie?

Did Michelle knit socks for the freezing masses on Long Island.

How stupid can your comments be?

You mean he should have wasted precious gas, hauling 'foodstuffs' from hundreds of miles away, inefficiently, over roads that were blocked, over bridges that were already horrendously backed up since tunnels and railroads were shut down.......in a sham display of 'charity'?

I'm sure he donated 10,000 times more money than you to charity last year, and likely made a donation 10,000 times more than you did to the Red Cross.

But why didn't you pick on Bill Gates (D) or Warren Buffet and their BILLIONS? Or Obama and his millions? Or Pelosi and her tens of millions?

---------

Donna:" But, no. He continued campaigning. "

As FNMH would say: YOU LIED!

BOth he and Obama gave up campaigning for a few days.

Unlike Obama, Romney actually set up fund raising events for Sandy.

-------

Donna:"I saw nothing constructive that he said or did for those suffering on the northeast coast. "

Did you see anything constructive in Obama's comments? Other than I'll take taxpayer money, and money from their kids and grandkids that I've borrowed to the tune of 16 trillion dollars, and send those trailers from FEMA where they are needed.

Ooopps....as Obama finds out, that FEMA just sold most of its inventory of trailers six months before - wasting 100 million of tax payer money and now has to rush out to buy new ones! It sold 25,000 dollar trailers for 3000 just six months ago since some Obama drone figured he could raise another hundred thousand for his fund to sponsor the next big bash out in Las Vegas, and it wouldn't appear as a 'budget item'.

That was your Obama administration at work.

----------

Donna:"If you do not like the liberal positions, you do not need to be on this Board."

If you don't like the truth.....you can stick your head in the ground like a liberal ostrich and pretend you don't see.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Here's George Bush with the Olympic team:
http://usarmy.vo.llnwd.net/e2/-images/2009/02/18/30494/size0...

And the Northwestern women lacrosse team
http://www.northwestern.edu/shared/cms/images/newscenter/200...

And a member of the UCLA softball team
http://espn.go.com/espnw/title-ix/7963491/natasha-watley-win...

And the Cal-State Fullerton baseball team
http://calstate.fullerton.edu/news/2005/photos/WhiteHouse1.j...

There are plenty of photos with George Bush and athletes. To end this post, let's not forget George Bush ending a rear end view of sand volleyball.
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00788/640-george...
No. of Recommendations: 33

Will Obama solve the foreign policy issues . . . that Bush-Cheney created by starting two wars and crowing about spreading Democracy to the Middle-East? >>

As usual, SalaryGuru thinks the United States, and George Bush in particular, are the font of the problems of the world.

No - that's probably not it.

What it is, is the incredibly powerful blinders republicans seem to wear when "their guy" is president.

Republicans preach fiscal responsibility, but they sure don't practice it. Bush was on of the worst debt mongers there has ever been. It takes a lot to try and recover from that disaster, especially when the sole mission of the republican party for the past four yeas has been to ensure that Obama was not re-elected, not governing the country. Sure, the democrats may be tax-and-spend, but the republicans are borrow-and-spend. I prefer tax and spend.

As far as foreign policy, who was responsible for ruining the triple A credit rating of the US? Tea-party. Who started the war in Iraq on made up data, Neo-cons, with the gutless and complicit help of the democrats. Of course, Romney calling Russia our number one enemy demonstrates a distinct lack of foreign policy acumen. All Ryan ever did was automatically support George Bush no matter what. Who knows what he really thought?

It would be nice if the republican party could actually do what they say instead of just making some random crap up that sounds good.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Meantime, of course, the Israelis and their neighbors are lobbing rockets and artillery shells at each other once again. But we'll just ignore that.

And they'll still be doing it when we're all dead and gone. Getting mixed up in that mess is a fool's errand.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Tele, You whine about the President not meeting with Netanyahu.

That guy (Netanyahu) has behaved SO badly, meddling in American politics and backing the wrong horse here, that Israelis are concerned he has really damaged a good relationship with the US..the chief ally of Israel.

Read a few of the concerns of the Israelis about Bibi's arrogance.

Yes....I bet you love BiBi...conservative rightie that he is...but he deliberately, deliberately, defiantly announced more building of a huge number of settlements/ apartments in East Jerusalem just when Biden was there to try and build a bridge for peace....in fact he was saying "in your face, America!"

I don't know what your background is, Tele...and I don't care much, but be a little more restrainged with your sour statements about Obama and Israel.
I don't know what your background is, Tele...and I don't care much, but be a little more restrainged with your sour statements about Obama and Israel.

I agree with the sentiment, but I'm not holding my breath to see a change in awareness . . . or behavior.
malaoshi: "That guy (Netanyahu) has behaved SO badly, meddling in American politics and backing the wrong horse here, that Israelis are concerned he has really damaged a good relationship with the US..the chief ally of Israel. "

That guy (Netanyahu) is now at 85% approval rating in Israel.

Maybe you should stop kissing arab butt and wake up?

t.

Maybe you should stop kissing arab butt and wake up?
=========================================

Where did you get that number?

Here I'll help you pick a source.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8...
Where did you get that number?

You don't really want to know. And if you touch that number, be sure to wash your hands afterward.

I'm convinced that there is a belief among many tea-baggers that facts don't matter. All that really matters is taunting your perceived opponents and arguing your own agenda. In order to achieve this, they believe it is perfectly acceptable to make up things and lie.
Thanks Jean! I know he was below 30% in August.

But in times of crisis Israelis pull together and everyone works on the problem. Now, November, I know they are behind him...no use in-fighting in a war...and he will probably be re-elected. But this is definitely faute de mieux..

Tele...I don't know how many family members you have in Israel, but maybe yours are not sitting in the same bomb shelter as mine.
Here's from the leftie San Fran Chronicle

Israeli political leaders are rallying around Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu two months before national elections as the conflict in the Gaza Strip intensifies.

Most of the party leaders running against Netanyahu’s Likud faction have expressed support for the government’s Gaza policy and suspended public campaigning while rockets strike Israeli cities.

Netanyahu may lead Israel into its first ground offensive since the Gaza invasion in 2008 following the first air attacks on Jerusalem since the 1967 war. A poll published Nov. 19 in the Haaretz newspaper showed 84 percent of Israelis support the Gaza operation, though only 30 percent would support an invasion.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/business/bloomberg/article/Israeli-Maj...
YEt another source

---

A Dialog poll published Monday in the Haaretz daily said 84 percent of Israelis supported the offensive, and 55 percent approved of Netanyahu's performance, a big boost from his previous numbers. The poll surveyed 520 Israelis and had a margin of error of 4.4 percent.

With Israeli elections just two months away, Netanyahu was already far ahead in the polls. The Gaza offensive has boosted his numbers further. According to Monday's Haaretz poll, Netanyahu's Likud Party would be the largest party in parliament and would have no trouble putting together another ruling coalition.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/20/benjamin-netanyahu-...

---

malaoshi must be taking lessons from Goofy's Revised Daily History of the Liberal World...making it up as they go along. Rewriting history to their viewpoint.

t.
YOu never really read anything others write, Tele. You just close your eyes and blast through, regardless.

I said that Israelis are rallying around Netanyahu because that is what they do in a crisis. They pull together. For the good of the country.(Not like some Republicans I could mention) So...right now, his approval rating is high. They have no time for petty infighting...the stuff your congress members love to do in a tense situation.

The tension with Iran had already had had them rallying around him, because there were so many administrative matters they had to consider. As I said...faute de mieux. Were it peace time, you would see how many really feel.Check August polls.
No. of Recommendations: 7
From this post:

A Dialog poll published Monday in the Haaretz daily said 84 percent of Israelis supported the offensive, and 55 percent approved of Netanyahu's performance

From your previous post:

Easy to see why no one trusts anything you post. You took the 84% number for supporting the offensive and used it as the approval rating in your previous post. You purposely misstate the facts.
and malaoshi is pushing 30% numbers from surveys months ago?

heh heh......

Sorry, the Israelis know that Iran wants to turn them into a sheet of glass.....and aren't sitting still waiting for Hamas to launch another 10,000 rockets into their territory.

and won't sit back while Iran gets the bomb.

t.
I've never done this before, so can someone help me, please?

I see the "ignore thread" button. But is there a way I can ignore this person "Telegraph" who seems to enjoy trolling on this Retire Early LIBERAL board? TIA.
I see the "ignore thread" button. But is there a way I can ignore this person "Telegraph" who seems to enjoy trolling on this Retire Early LIBERAL board? TIA.

The frowny face beside the miscreant's moniker will turn him off.

Count Upp
<The frowny face beside the miscreant's moniker will turn him off.>

Ah! Much better now!
Thank you.
Welcome MisterFungi. I like mushrooms, too.
Welcome MisterFungi. I like mushrooms, too.

As long as he's not an Amanita phalloides.

Count Upp
<<I see the "ignore thread" button. But is there a way I can ignore this person "Telegraph" who seems to enjoy trolling on this Retire Early LIBERAL board? TIA.>>

Tele posts here because he takes the concept of "diversity" seriously.

I post here for the fun and amusement!

Seattle Pioneer
<Tele posts here because he takes the concept of "diversity" seriously.>

Perhaps, but I doubt it. Taking the concept seriously entails making a genuine effort to listen to and reflect upon a diversity of views. I don't see any evidence of that.

In any event, it's not my problem any longer.

Cheers!
Advertisement