UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: valueqwest Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977189  
Subject: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 1:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Obama to Veto Any Attempt to Roll Back His Sequester

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/21/clock-ticks-down-...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861046 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 1:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
He went on to promise that the deficit will be reduced by at least $2.2 trillion in the next decade “one way or another.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/21/clock-ticks-down-...

Obama. Deficit hawk. Who knew?

Author: rubberthinking Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861048 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 1:53 AM
Recommendations: 2
Obama is doing the right thing by the country.

When will the Republican party start to do their part?

Dave

Author: valueqwest Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861051 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 1:59 AM
Recommendations: 1
Obama. Deficit hawk. Who knew?

Obama, tax and spend liberal.

We all knew.

VQ

reduce deficit $2.2T "one way or the other". That's cute.

I think the two ways he is considering are 1. Taxing corporations or 2. taxing individuals.

Neither method can balance the budget.

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861058 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 7:08 AM
Recommendations: 2
He went on to promise that the deficit will be reduced by at least $2.2 trillion in the next decade “one way or another.”

He also said he would cut the deficit in his first four years...why should he stop lying now?

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861059 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 7:23 AM
The first round will be quite amazing if it happens. The forecast deficit would go from roughly $2.5 trillion all the way down to $2.4 trillion. (rounding helps).

Both sides are such a joke. They talk enthusiastically about "Cutting" this and that, knowing full well the deficit is still huge, and they haven't cut anything.

Even with the original HUGE sequester, expenses go higher, defense spending goes higher.

Author: jah609 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861087 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 11:01 AM
<<<<Obama is doing the right thing by the country.>>>

What are you smoking?

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861089 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 11:08 AM
<<<<Obama is doing the right thing by the country.>>>

What are you smoking?

IMO, wrong question, you should have asked What Country?

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861101 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 11:54 AM
IMO, wrong question, you should have asked What Country?

Egypt, Iran and North Korea come to mind.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861184 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 3:18 PM
800.000 pentagon civilians to get less pay.

PLEASE Mr President so it.

From Northern Virginia to Caliphornia, stick it to em.

Obama 2012

JediG

Author: richieds Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861261 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/20/2013 10:10 PM
"The forecast deficit would go from roughly $2.5 trillion all the way down to $2.4 trillion. (rounding helps)."

We know Obama's stance on austerity. He believes it does not work.

What I don't get is the GOP stance. They should be welcoming the sequester cuts and asking for much more.

If Boehner thinks this , relatively, meaningless sequester will cost jobs, then what does he think will happen if the kinds of cuts his party has asked for are ever put in place?

Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861875 of 1977189
Subject: Re: Obama: "No Changes to Sequester" Date: 2/23/2013 5:09 PM
"The forecast deficit would go from roughly $2.5 trillion all the way down to $2.4 trillion. (rounding helps)."

We know Obama's stance on austerity. He believes it does not work.

What I don't get is the GOP stance. They should be welcoming the sequester cuts and asking for much more.

If Boehner thinks this , relatively, meaningless sequester will cost jobs, then what does he think will happen if the kinds of cuts his party has asked for are ever put in place?

The GOP's position has always asked for long term cuts or massive changes in SS and Medicare. Cuts to defense have been off the table. The reason this tiny sequester is so laughable, is that it puts both sides in the position of outright lying.

The GOP does not welcome cuts to anything else really, except education and some public welfare options. The Democrats have done a giant disservice to the country by not even attempting to make any expense cut plan a priority. They could make their case for defense cuts as well as solid, long-term changes in healthcare. They know Medicare costs won;t be sustainable if they just leave it alone. Obamacare does little or nothing to help.

An interesting side discussion is that nobody ever proposes increasing Medicare or SS taxes, not even Republicans. Imagine dramatically reducing benefits long term, but keeping the existing taxes in place. Then, you'll understand the reality of it. Save $3 trillion in Medicare long term, shift those funds to XXXXXXe.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement