UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: HMALETTER Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976762  
Subject: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/8/2012 11:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
"WASHINGTON — President Obama’s finance team is offering corporations and other institutions that contribute $1 million exclusive access to an array of inaugural festivities, including tickets to a “benefactors reception,” a children’s concert, a candlelight celebration at the National Building Museum, two reserved parade bleacher seats and four tickets to the president’s official inaugural ball.

The offerings are detailed in an online inaugural fund-raising solicitation provided to The New York Times by an Obama fund-raiser. The document describes four packages that Mr. Obama’s finance team can sell, with differing levels of access depending on the level of contribution. Individuals who contribute $250,000 will receive the same package as million-dollar “institutional donors,” which could include corporations, philanthropies, foundations and unions.

The financing arrangements are a departure from Mr. Obama’s policy in 2009, when he refused corporate donations altogether and capped individual contributions at $50,000. As in 2009, Mr. Obama will not be accepting money from lobbyists or political action committees.

While taxpayers pay for inaugural events at the Capitol — the swearing-in ceremony and inaugural luncheon — the president must raise money from private donors for everything else, including the inaugural parade, ball and concerts. In 2009, Mr. Obama raised $53 million.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/us/politics/obama-team-out...
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843296 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 12:57 AM
Recommendations: 0
I can't stand pomp and circumstance cr@p.

Icemann

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843304 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 2:00 AM
In 2009, Mr. Obama raised $53 million.

I wonder how much Messrs. GW Bush and Reagan raise in 2012 $?

Author: rinjr715 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843307 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 2:35 AM
Obama better not reward big business too much. That would go over like flatulence in church with the more liberal Democrats, and with him now being a lame duck, they could choose to throw him under the bus if he's not lefty enough and could forsake the rest of his term in favor of beginning an early search for his successor as chief Donkey.

Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843308 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 4:05 AM
Recommendations: 1

Obama better not reward big business too much.

After having bailed out bankers&brokers with a blank check for a Trillion Dollars, what's Too Much?

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843333 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 10:51 AM
Recommendations: 2
Obama loves 'big business'.

They cave in to all sorts of extortions from the EPA, the FDA, and everyone else....giving the government tens of billions in 'fines'......rather than fight the gov't.

They are often unionized..and you know how much Obama loves unions...his most frequent visitors are union heads, including the scum bag from the SEIU.

They cough up big bucks at campaign time. Small business doesn't and small business is usually not unionized. He really hates them. Wishes they would fail so the big business and unions would get even bigger, extort more from their 'rich owners' and contribute more toward the dem re elections.

It's simple Chicago thuggery at work.

t.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843338 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 11:20 AM
President Obama’s finance team is offering corporations and other institutions that contribute $1 million exclusive access to an array of inaugural festivities, including tickets to a “benefactors reception,” a children’s concert, a candlelight celebration at the National Building Museum, two reserved parade bleacher seats and four tickets to the president’s official inaugural ball.

This is a reward? I'd prefer a new bar-b-que grill.

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1843405 of 1976762
Subject: Re: Obama rewards Big Business Date: 12/9/2012 4:40 PM
extortions from the EPA, the FDA

OMG--regulatory agencies are regulating pollution and drug safety? The horror!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement