UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: 2828 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 757628  
Subject: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 10:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 17
http://www.rightwingnews.com/column-2/obamacare-is-crumbling...

Obamacare is falling apart before our eyes. The long-term care insurance program known as the CLASS ACT was deemed financially unworkable and shut down by the administration’s own actuaries. Taxpayer-funded health care cooperatives never got off the ground and were shut down in the fiscal cliff deal. Last month the federal Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan stopped accepting enrollment applications. This week 79 U.S. senators, including 34 Democrats, voted to repeal the law’s medical device tax. Premiums in the individual and small group markets could spike as much as 116 percent next year. The wheels are already wobbling and the worst is yet to come.

The exchanges at the heart of the new Obamacare entitlement are slated to be up and running for open enrollment beginning October 1. Millions of Americans will be dumped into these exchanges by employers dropping coverage and millions more will be forced to enter the exchanges by the individual mandate. But will there actually be functioning exchanges for them to go to? Maybe not.

The Obamacare law was written to incentivize states to do the heavy lifting of setting up and running the exchanges, which are administratively and technologically complex. But more than half the states said no thanks, looking at the proposed regulations and long-term operating costs and choosing to let the feds try to administer their own mess. And the states that did choose to play ball weren’t able to make much progress because the Obama administration stalled key regulations until after the election.

Now the feds are rushing to get the exchanges ready.
--------------------------------------------------
That's a shame. Seriously, wouldn't the prudent thing to do at this point be just to shut it down? They passed it, they found out what was in it, it blows, start over with actual reforms that will work.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675614 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 10:58 AM
Recommendations: 0
Where can we check the veracity of this article? I'd like to send it to my libtard son who thinks his employer should offer health insurance because "it's the right thing to do."

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675616 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 11:13 AM
Here's the problem, as illustrated by this scenario.

A Republican wife asks her Democrat husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and, if they have avocados, get 6.

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, "They had avocados."

Author: ResNullius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675620 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 11:23 AM
Recommendations: 6
Seriously, wouldn't the prudent thing to do at this point be just to shut it down? They passed it, they found out what was in it, it blows, start over with actual reforms that will work.

What most folks don't realize is that Obama and his henchmen want ObamaCare to fail, and fail so badly that it's impossible to go back to the old system. They want universal, single payer healthcare in America. When the ObamaCare system goes to the dogs, they simply will blame it on the insurance companies and the Repubs, then get the 51% to vote for universal, single payer healthcare. Easy as pie, slicker than snot.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675621 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 11:24 AM
Recommendations: 1
Here's the problem, as illustrated by this scenario.

A Republican wife asks her Democrat husband, "Could you please go shopping for me and buy one carton of milk and, if they have avocados, get 6.

A short time later the husband comes back with 6 cartons of milk.

The wife asks him, "Why did you buy 6 cartons of milk?"

He replied, "They had avocados."

I don't know, they are not all that bad with directions.

I would kind of expect that the guy would get home empty handed and all beaten to a pulp,
the wife would ask what happened?

The husband would answer, I don't know - I had the stuff you wanted, I passed through the cashier and when I told him the guy behind me would pay for it all, well I woke up like this in the parking lot

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675624 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 11:33 AM
What most folks don't realize is that Obama and his henchmen want ObamaCare to fail, and fail so badly that it's impossible to go back to the old system. They want universal, single payer healthcare in America. When the ObamaCare system goes to the dogs, they simply will blame it on the insurance companies and the Repubs, then get the 51% to vote for universal, single payer healthcare. Easy as pie, slicker than snot.

I find it very hard to believe there is any other way to actually look at it.

They are just winging it as it goes along. The attempt seems fairly transparent, keep throwing resources at anyone with a problem, pay off a state here and there, go deeper into debt, screw doctors until they squeal then grease them

The intent seems to be to get it up and running and make it so there is no easy way back, kill the billing mechanisms, put in all sorts of unaffordable features, gut the insurance companies, get folks separated from their companies insurance

Just get it up and working long enough to kill what we have now.

Transparency in government, well I think it is fairly transparent anyway

Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675625 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 11:49 AM
Recommendations: 1
I checked each allegation.

OwebamaKare is being rolled back of its own volition. It's falling apart before our eyes. The long-term care insurance program known as the CLASS ACT was deemed financially unworkable and shut down by the administration’s own actuaries.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2011/09/22/hhs-official-adm......

Taxpayer-funded health care cooperatives never got off the ground and were shut down in the fiscal cliff deal.

http://www.healthcarepayernews.com/content/co-op-funding-axe......

Last month the federal Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan stopped accepting enrollment applications.

http://www.focusbenefits.com/index.php/2013/02/pre-existing-......

This week 79 U.S. senators, including 34 Democrats, voted to repeal the law’s medical device tax.

http://bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2013/03/22/senate-passe......

Premiums in the individual and small group markets could spike as much as 116 percent next year.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732455780457837......

The wheels are already wobbling and the worst is yet to come.

The exchanges at the heart of the new OwebamaKare entitlement are slated to be up and running for open enrollment beginning October 1. Millions of Americans will be dumped into these exchanges by employers dropping coverage and millions more will be forced to enter the exchanges by the individual mandate. But will there actually be functioning exchanges for them to go to? Maybe not.

OwebamaKare was written to incentivize states to do the heavy lifting of setting up and running the exchanges, which are administratively and technologically complex. The deadline for states to make their intentions known regarding the exchanges was December 14, and 26 states have now refused to set up state-run exchanges. Looking at the proposed regulations and long-term operating costs, they said no thanks and chose to let the feds try to administer their own mess. And the states that did choose to play ball weren’t able to make much progress because the Owebama administration stalled key regulations until after the election. Now the feds are rushing to get the exchanges ready.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/11/28/wsj-yep-the-feds-are-t...

Author: isawbones Big red star, 1000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 675649 of 757628
Subject: Re: Obamacare is crumbling my friends Date: 3/23/2013 9:13 PM
First five links are bad.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement