UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932870  
Subject: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/1/2012 7:26 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 52
Yesterday we had an office meeting to roll out the 2013 benefits package. All pretty routine stuff, but two points struck me:

1. The only mention of the Affordable Care Act was to remind us that preventive care is now covered at 100%.

2. Across the board, the new medical benefits are significantly more generous than they have been for the past year.

Small business, a little over 50 full-time employees. We're a start-up funded entirely by venture capital at this point, but evidently the VC's want to be sure we stay motivated.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841536 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/1/2012 7:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Actually, it doesn't kick in until 2014.

Author: FoolishWaldo Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841552 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/1/2012 8:28 PM
Recommendations: 23
Actually, it doesn't kick in until 2014.

Actually, Nemmy, preventive care kicked in on August 1, 2012.

Try to keep up.

Author: schvitzing Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841589 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/1/2012 11:41 PM
Recommendations: 1
Crassfool says "the VC's want to be sure we stay motivated."

Why am I not surprised? See my prior post comparing WalMart with COSTCO.

Schvitz

Author: schvitzing Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841590 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/1/2012 11:43 PM
Oops, here:
http://boards.fool.com/ltyawngt-walmart-started-cutting-heal...

Schvitz

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841705 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 4:27 PM
crassfool wrote: Small business, a little over 50 full-time employees. We're a start-up funded entirely by venture capital at this point, but evidently the VC's want to be sure we stay motivated.

Soon to be <= 49 full-time employees. I'd bet money on it.

Author: JoelCairo Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841721 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 5:23 PM

very dumb move. Shows you don't have the first inkling of what a start-up funded by venture capital is. I'll take your bet.

Unless you know the company and are saying it will fail, but I don't think so...

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841737 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 6:27 PM
I've read several of these kinds of collateral damage stories:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/50037216

You libs own 0-care now as jobs are lost and hourly wages cut to avoid this disasterous legislation.

Tell your buddies our of work because of 0-care, we told you so.

No sympathy. You got what you voted for.

Own it. Live it. Stop whining because you lost your job, you are getting exactly what you voted for.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841745 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 7:07 PM
I wrote: Soon to be <= 49 full-time employees.

Should be: Soon to be <= 30 full-time employees.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841777 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 10:09 PM
I keep confusing number of employees with number of hours worked by those employees.

The rule is, if an employee works less than 30 hours, the employer isn't required to offer health insurance.

As a result...

Small Businesses Reduce Worker Hours to Avoid Obamacare

http://www.examiner.com/article/2013-small-businesses-cut-em...

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841788 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 11:42 PM
CCinOC says

crassfool wrote: Small business, a little over 50 full-time employees. We're a start-up funded entirely by venture capital at this point, but evidently the VC's want to be sure we stay motivated.

You'd lose your money. We are actively hiring. Can't find as many qualified people as we want, in several areas.

Author: crassfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1841790 of 1932870
Subject: Re: Obamacare kicking in Date: 12/2/2012 11:44 PM
I was talking about full-time employees.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement