UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74340  
Subject: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 1:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
http://news.yahoo.com/fuel-scarce-east-coast-struggles-recov...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65182 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 2:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
And you think that the response would have been so much better with FEMA partitioned off to the states as Romney would have liked to do ... at least until the storm hit?

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65190 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 2:57 PM
Recommendations: 4
LOL, I knew you would be the first idiot to try and blame Obama for the hurricane aftermath and now as it turns out my 72 hour prediction was pretty close as well.

What happened to getting big government out of the way and allowing the free market to work?

Three yards and a cloud of dust.

B

Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65191 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 3:09 PM
Recommendations: 0
And you think that the response would have been so much better with FEMA partitioned off to the states as Romney would have liked to do ... at least until the storm hit?

I think you and other extremists lambasted Bush for his Katrina experience.....I am holding Obama to the same metric.

Why does that bother you.......it is fair game. You created the metric.......I am following it.

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65193 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 4:10 PM
Hold him to the same metric ... no one was wildly upset and finger pointing about fuel shortages a few days after Katrina. Given the scope of the area impacted by Sandy, it would be miraculous if everything was back to normal this fast. Talk to me in a month about how it all turned out. Christie and Bloomberg seem pretty happy with the response so far.

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65195 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 4:26 PM
And, it turns out there is actually plenty of fuel available, it is just that the lack of power is hampering distribution.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-why-gas-is-running-lo...

If you would wait 15 seconds before jumping to conclusions and pointing the finger of blame, you might find such things out.

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65199 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 5:09 PM
Recommendations: 8
I think you and other extremists lambasted Bush for his Katrina experience.....I am holding Obama to the same metric.

Why does that bother you.......it is fair game. You created the metric.......I am following it.

Well now that you have established the ground rules I guess you will finally admit to how phony your outrage about Benghazi has been.

http://boards.fool.com/fair-weather-patriots-30355487.aspx

B

Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65201 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 5:15 PM
Recommendations: 2
Well now that you have established the ground rules I guess you will finally admit to how phony your outrage about Benghazi has been

Nonsense.......when was the last US Ambassador killed?

When was the last time the ambassador was killed having warned he was on a hit list, on 9/11 anniversary, in a consulate attacked 3 times in past few months, in a city that just attacked the British ambassador and red Cross, in a city with nearby Al Queida???

When was the last time that all these warnings were flashing everywhere.......and they were ignored????

The last time was Obama and Benghazi.....that it when.

You being former army should know better than to forsake your fellow countrymen.......just to suit your ill conceived and perceived social injustice.

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65205 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 5:26 PM
When was the last time the ambassador was killed having warned he was on a hit list, on 9/11 anniversary, in a consulate attacked 3 times in past few months, in a city that just attacked the British ambassador and red Cross, in a city with nearby Al Queida???

Sometimes it is hard to tell whether you are being intentionally dense or you are being that duplicitous. Why not ask "when was the last time our ambassador was killed in Benghazi?" and then the question couldn't possibly have anything to do with all of the other times that our embassy has been attacked for some reason? Except, of course, it does.

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65211 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 6:47 PM
Recommendations: 6
Nonsense.......when was the last US Ambassador killed?

I see, so now it is only Ambassadors whose lives matter. And I thought only giving a sh1t about the one percent was callous. Leave it to you to set a new standard.

in a consulate attacked 3 times in past few months,

Um that would be in Karachi, Pakistan with a combined death toll of 17, of course none of them were Ambassadors, so I guess in your world they don't count.

B

Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65212 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 7:15 PM
None of the desperate examples you tried to reference were so obvious examples of blatant incompetence of the Obama Benghazi.

Warnings galore!!

But ignored.

Maybe you can get an appt as next ambassador to one of these countries.......you too can be a "bump in the road".

What a complete joke as you defend your Obama to your own country's detriment.

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65215 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 7:29 PM
What a complete joke as you defend your Obama

You know the old saying, "He who laughs last, laughs best".

See ya next Thursday when I plan on having a great big sh1t eating grin on my face.

Too bad Tink won't be around to see it, but at least I still have your squealing to look forward to. :<)

B

Author: dumaflotchie Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65216 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 7:33 PM
See ya next Thursday when I plan on having a great big sh1t eating grin on my face.

Yes....definitely cast your extremist vote on Wednesday!!

Author: rjf53 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65218 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 8:12 PM
Yes....definitely cast your extremist vote on Wednesday!!

Sorry, I already voted, just figured you would need a day to get out of the hospital from your blown gasket. :<)

B

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65219 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 8:49 PM
Consistent with patterns, when cornered by any substantive response, you substitute slogans for content.

Author: tamhas Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65223 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/2/2012 9:06 PM
Not to mention that there are some good reasons why we may not have definitive results for a while. In particular, I believe that there is some *interesting* provision in Ohio where provisional ballets *can't* be counted for two weeks and anyone who asked for an absentee ballot, but shows up on Tuesday instead of sending it in will be provisional.

Author: Fuma102 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 65444 of 74340
Subject: Re: Obama's Inadequate NY Disaster Effort Date: 11/9/2012 10:46 AM
Recommendations: 4
(greetings from afar... its been awhile, still lurk...)

I work at the ONLY Emergency Department open in Manhattan below 65th street since Sandy hit. NYU, the VA, and Bellevue have all closed and remain closed. New York Downtown was closed but since opened this week.

The day after the power went out, FEMA brought several backup generators for our facility. Thought that was pretty reasonable timing.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (17) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement