UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932862  
Subject: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 11:43 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Obama's Mandates - The reasons we Americans let him stay in the White House - are as follows:

1. To raise taxes on the top 2% of earners, while sparing the other 98%.

2. To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility.

It's time for Barack to make it plain to these Republicans that he understands his mandates - and that there is no way he's going to give in to them or to violate his Mandates.

Sorry, Republicans. He won.

His Mandates must be honored.

Besides, Bernanke's got Barack's back.

The deficit and the debt do not matter.

Bernanke said so.

Give in, Republicans. You lost.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844654 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 11:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1

I'll give you that, however, taxes are going up on everyone via the payroll tax. Extending the payroll tax reduction will hasten the SS trust funds being drained and put further strain on that program. Then there's also the ACA that will add taxes.

2. To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility.

So just let them ride and ignore the unsustainable growth and structural problems that exist with them? Please enlighten me on how that "protects" those programs?

Grape

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844659 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 12:02 PM
Recommendations: 0
lowstudent:"Obama's Mandates - The reasons we Americans let him stay in the White House - are as follows:

---

Joke, joke? the top 5% starts at about $250,000 and it is those he is after. THere aren't enough rich to run the country for 8 days if you tax then at 'higher rates'.......

The ObamaKare taxes will show up in what you buy. Medical devices up about 20%....... your health insurance is going up and up - didn't you notice?

-------

lowstudent: 2. To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility."

Yeah, right...let them both bleed to death. Even Obama's own folks say that you got to reform them.

There is no money fairy -

------

lowstudent: He won.

===

another joke. Once you take out the fact that 99% of blacks voted for him solely on race, and another 25% voted with their lady parts for free contraception....

He didn't win anything.

ANd reality wins in the end. We too can be like Greece where fed pensions (SS) have been cut by 50%, unemployment is 30% or more.....and the country is running on 'bankrupt'.

----

t.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844664 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 12:08 PM
lowstudent: He won.

No idea what planet Tele is posting from

earlier he replies to what is an obvious sarcasm regarding leftist nonsense post as if I were posting a serious defense of liberalism

Next he posts that I posted some absurd nonsense that is from some brain-dead lib I do not even read

I am guessing God is getting even with you dude and has turned your comprehension to lemon jello

Just kidding tele, but errggghhhhh good morning, have you had your coffee? Whatever Chineese buffer you are at last night served you some bad kung po Shrimp dude

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844666 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 12:11 PM

That comes to $584 billion over a decade or $58 billion per year

Would about cover the governments cost for toilet paper .....

But sounds nice

Bears

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844669 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 12:18 PM
Those are the promises Americans remember from the campaign.

If he doesn't keep them, Dems will suffer.

Promises are promises.

And Bernanke's promised to fund them.

So what's all this fuss?

The voters expect what they've been promised.

An immutable law of politics.

Author: Icemann11 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844670 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 12:18 PM
No idea what planet Tele is posting from

Whew. I thought I was losing my ability to read posters' names. ; )

Icemann

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844680 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 12:43 PM
There is no mandate!!!

Winning does not give you a mandate!!!

Everything must be negotiated!!!

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844690 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 1:04 PM
Winning does not give you a mandate!!!

It also doesn't mean your ideas are correct. It just means more people voted for you.

Obama has a mandate to do as he promised during the election, as does every member of Congress Republican, Democrat and Bernie Sanders. If a Congressman from either party won their district with over 60% of the vote (plenty do) why shouldn't they follow thru on their campaign promises? Afterall they have to face to the voters again. Obama doesn't.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844714 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 1:54 PM
It also doesn't mean your ideas are correct. It just means more people voted for you.

In some election it does not even mean voters liked your ideas at all. It just means you did a good job of making the other guy sound too terrible to vote for.

Why are we making believe this election had anything to do with Obama's ideas which he did nothing but hide, with minor exceptions, while sending out messages from every pore available to the the Obama organ bashing Romney.

Mandate? Laughable this election if Obama was your choice, or or most parties, Romney was not your choice.

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844780 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 5:01 PM
Mandate? Laughable this election if Obama was your choice...

Trust me on this. There is a strong consensus among the 98% who are relying on the other 2% to "pay their fair share" - as well as among the vast number of Americans who receive or expect to receive their entitlements without interruption or diminution - that Obama promised and he better deliver on his dual mandates.

These were the thrust of his campaign - and the basis upon which he was put back in the White House.

Republicans had just better give in now - and acknowledge they've been whipped.

They should announce that they recognize that Obama's election mandates are the above two points - and that the Republicans are going to bow to his will on these two points.

Then, after the can has been kicked into next year, they can duke it out over raising the debt limit. The fact that Obama failed to take into account the debt when he agreed to his mandate is not their problem.

Republicans just don't know how to lose - or how to acknowledge when a president has a mandate he has to live up to.

Morons.

Give the man what he wants. He bought it and he owns it.

You lost, Republicans.

;-)

Author: eatenbybears Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844796 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 5:59 PM

Political Fodder and no more.

To raise taxes on the top 2% of earners makes a very small financial contribution per year

To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility.

There have been no threats of "cuts" but it is known by all that the eligibility ages must be changed

Bears

Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1844802 of 1932862
Subject: Re: Obama's Mandates Date: 12/13/2012 7:10 PM
To protect Social Security and Medicare from any cuts in benefits or eligibility. There have been no threats of "cuts" but it is known by all that the eligibility ages must be changed...

When did the president say he wanted to change the eligibility ages? That was that evil Paul Ryan who wanted to take away Medicare and Social Security. Barack never said he wanted to take away Social Security or Medicare or change eligibility requirements.

Unless Obama says it, I won't believe it.

Barack's protecting us little guys. You know - the 98% of us who already pay our fair share. He's just going after the 2% - not us middle class and poor folk.

You must be a Republican if you want to mess with Social Security or Medicare.

The prez has our back - and Uncle Ben has the prez's back.

I trust Obama to take care of me. He can afford it. Just put it on his credit card. The one that Bernanke gave him.

;-)

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement