UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: erikinthered100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 134514  
Subject: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 5:25 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 8
He's my employee!!

Great article that makes this crucial point:

http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2013/02/18/no-...

He works FOR us and is our subordinate. He needs to start acting like it and stop dictating to everybody.

As the author points out, this is important to remember on the local level as well. The next time some low level government official gives you grief, make sure you remind him/her of this fact - of course, it's probably best to be polite if they're wearing robes or a badge.

dave
Print the post Back To Top
Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115692 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 6:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
He works FOR us and is our subordinate. He needs to start acting like it and stop dictating to everybody.

This Obama boy doesn't know his place. He should act less cocky and more repectful, like that good boy, Georgie Bush.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115693 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 6:33 PM
Recommendations: 23
Libs throwing the race card again. Bush knew who he worked for, the people and he respected that position - 0 thinks he is King!

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115694 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 7:12 PM
Recommendations: 0
Call 'em like I see 'em.

Author: Vile Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115695 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 7:23 PM
Cause you are all about denigrating those who disagree with you.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Author: erikinthered100 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115696 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 8:41 PM
Recommendations: 15
Call 'em like I see 'em.

Yes, through a racist prism.

It is beyond despicable to pull out the race card anytime somebody criticizes the President or voices an opinion you disagree with. It trivializes real racism. And it is a racist act since it assumes somebody, by virtue of their skin color, is unable to handle criticism.

dave

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115699 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 9:13 PM
Recommendations: 5
Cause you are all about denigrating those who disagree with you.

Disagree with me about what?

Obama is no more or less pompous than any other president in memory. Don't recall anyone accusing Bush, Clinton or Bush of not knowing their place.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115700 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 9:20 PM
Recommendations: 6
Yes, through a racist prism.

No. When someone accuses Obama of being uppity, in so many words, my racism detector twitches.

It is beyond despicable to pull out the race card anytime somebody criticizes the President or voices an opinion you disagree with.

I totally agree. I don't do that. In fact, I can criticize Obama all day long without racism ever entering into it. Pick an issue: Guantanamo, the crazy complexity of Obamacare, the outrageous policy on drone strikes, crappy cabinet appointments, sucking up to Wall Street banks and letting banksters evade justice. But when someone accuses Obama of not knowing his place, it smacks of racism, intentional or not.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115702 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 10:10 PM
Recommendations: 9
<Don't recall anyone accusing Bush, Clinton or Bush of not knowing their place. >

You continue to throw the race card, its not a matter of knowing your place, its a matter of knowing that you report to the people and do not have powers of a Kingdom or Papacy. The pres you mentioned never acted as pompous as the 0.

No one needed to accuse the prior pres of knowing their place.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115703 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 10:13 PM
Recommendations: 10
<my racism detector twitches>

Did you consider you are over sensitive.

He does not know his place, his place is working for the people, not the people working for him. You are the one that wants to put the racial implication to it, get over it.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115705 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 10:46 PM
You continue to throw the race card, its not a matter of knowing your place, its a matter of knowing that you report to the people and do not have powers of a Kingdom or Papacy.

What on earth makes you think Obama doesn't know that? The guy just ran for re-election for crissake.

No one needed to accuse the prior pres of knowing their place.

Ah. So it really is about his not knowing his place, after all.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115706 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 10:53 PM
He does not know his place...

Like I said. Name one thing Obama has done that other presidents have not also done that causes you say he is insufficiently subservient.

You are the one that wants to put the racial implication to it, get over it.

No. You implied. I inferred.

I was "over it" several posts ago. You're the one keeping at it.

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115707 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 10:57 PM
<The guy just ran for re-election for crissake.>

And the 47% wanting their freebees along with the low information voters got him in. Ur point is? And BTW it was a small margin of victory, NOT a mandate.

<Ah. So it really is about his not knowing his place, after all. >

Pay attention, no one mentions the place thing as an argument, only you, we are responding to your race card remarks!

Author: grouse100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115708 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 10:59 PM
Bye again, you will try to ware an argument down with changing points, you are not worth it. Back to the box.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115709 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 11:13 PM
Recommendations: 2
<The guy just ran for re-election for crissake.>

And the 47% wanting their freebees...

Just keep digging.

<Ah. So it really is about his not knowing his place, after all. >

Pay attention, no one mentions the place thing as an argument, only you...

Dead wrong. You wrote "it's not a matter of knowing your place," but then immediately followed with "No one needed to accuse the prior pres of knowing their place."

So you're sayin' Bush knew his place, but Obama doesn't. What else could that possibly mean?

Keep digging.

...we are responding to your race card remarks!

Tell you what. I'll stop throwing the race card when you stop making thinly-veiled racist comments. Okay?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115710 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/18/2013 11:15 PM
Bye again, you will try to ware an argument down with changing points, you are not worth it. Back to the box.

WTF you talking about? I didn't change the subject. You're quitting because you have no argument and aren't man enough to admit it.

Author: Vile Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115712 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 4:13 AM
Recommendations: 18
"Obama is no more or less pompous than any other president in memory. Don't recall anyone accusing Bush, Clinton or Bush of not knowing their place."

And that's why no one ever accuses you of being a genius here. Boosh was one of the humblest, most self-deprecating Presidents in my life time. Zero is one of the most arrogant men I have ever seen. Saying so doesn't make me a racist nor does it make anyone else a racist. Your near constant use of the epithet without a scintilla of evidence is sickening.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Author: Vile Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115713 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 4:21 AM
Recommendations: 9
"No. When someone accuses Obama of being uppity, in so many words, my racism detector twitches."

I'd get that checked. It's clearly broken.

"I totally agree. I don't do that. In fact, I can criticize Obama all day long without racism ever entering into it. Pick an issue: Guantanamo, the crazy complexity of Obamacare, the outrageous policy on drone strikes, crappy cabinet appointments, sucking up to Wall Street banks and letting banksters evade justice. But when someone accuses Obama of not knowing his place, it smacks of racism, intentional or not."

At the risk of sounding racist to your broken meter, I would say, and I think many would agree with me, that Zero doesn't know his place. He is not king of the US as he appears to think of himself. Saying he will submit a bill on immigration and demand congress vote on it immediately is the clearest indication I can think of. Who does he think he is that he thinks he can order congress to do anything? And then constantly threaten to write an executive order. Clearly he doesn't know what his position in the grand scheme of things is.

Further, people are right about criticism. Some people got all upset about the speech at the prayer breakfast. Zero isn't king and he is our servant since the people rule, just as all of congress are our servants. People need to remember that, especially congress and the President. We can say what we wish to our servants, especially when they are effing up.

Ooooooo, I called the president and all of congress our servants. I must be a racist! *Shakes head* Unfreakinbelievable.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115714 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 7:54 AM
Your near constant use of the epithet without a scintilla of evidence is sickening.

It clearly shows where his head is that, huh? Projecting his inner demons onto others. He needs help.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115716 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 10:00 AM
Boosh was one of the humblest, most self-deprecating Presidents in my life time.

We're talking about "the deciderer" and the "war president" right? I'd say his administration was characterized more by hubris than humility.

Zero is one of the most arrogant men I have ever seen.

I think there's an underlying reason for that perception that has more to do with your biases than with his actions. Behaviors that are otherwise unremarkable, if not expected of a president, for some reason chafe when it's Obama.

Your near constant use of the epithet without a scintilla of evidence is sickening.

Methinks though protesteth too loudly. First, I rarely call remarks racist, not "constantly," and only those that hit racist notes. For example, and second, saying a black president "doesn't know his place" for acting like pretty much every other president smacks of racism. It's a "nice" way of calling him "uppity." And third, I completely understand why being called on this makes people queasy... and angry.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115717 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 10:01 AM
Ooooooo, I called the president and all of congress our servants. I must be a racist! *Shakes head* Unfreakinbelievable.

It's not often we get to see such an obvious example of a straw man argument.

Author: iamski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115720 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 11:00 AM
xLife is preoccupied with dividing people along racial lines. Why does he hate blacks so much? Anyone got a clue?

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115721 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 11:14 AM
Some Troll: <my racism detector twitches>

It appears, then, that Michelle Malkin was spot-on in naming her Twitter reporting site "Twitchy".

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115722 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 11:14 AM
Obama is no more or less pompous than any other president in memory

Seriously? How much did his Hawaiian vacation cost? I bet you can't tell us. The taxpayer is footing the bill for this. They take separate vacations. They use two different planes when traveling if they have different schedules. Really? What exactly is the president's wife doing that is SO important that she has to waste all that fuel to travel separately from the president? These are the people who denigrate the rich whenever they can. What they ought to be saying is "do what I say, not what I do".
I could go on and on but most liberals don't have a clue as to how the taxpayer money is being spent. They would rather stick their heads in the sand.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115723 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 11:43 AM
Recommendations: 1
How much did his Hawaiian vacation cost? I bet you can't tell us. The taxpayer is footing the bill for this. They take separate vacations. They use two different planes when traveling if they have different schedules. What exactly is the president's wife doing that is SO important that she has to waste all that fuel to travel separately from the president?

Are you trying to prove my point? How much did Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan's vacations cost? How much did FLOTUS travel cost in those administrations. I bet you can't tell us.

Really? These are the people who denigrate the rich whenever they can.

The Obamas denigrate the rich? Really? How so? Seems to me Obama is pals with tons of rich folks. I guess they're not the right kind of rich folks, though.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115725 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 12:44 PM
xLife is preoccupied with dividing people along racial lines. Why does he hate blacks so much? Anyone got a clue?

You obviously don't.

Your pals call Obama uppity and you think I'm the racist for calling them on it.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115727 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 1:41 PM
Recommendations: 4
"And that's why no one ever accuses you of being a genius here."

Vile, I am pretty sure you are not capable enough to grasp the hilarious irony of that statement. perhaps you should just go back to regurgitating links to articles you don't understand about how the CRA was responsible for the housing bubble.

"Boosh was one of the humblest, most self-deprecating Presidents in my life time. Zero is one of the most arrogant men I have ever seen."

That's because you have a serious double standard and just cherry pick your information that fits your partisanly blind bias.

"Saying so doesn't make me a racist nor does it make anyone else a racist. Your near constant use of the epithet without a scintilla of evidence is sickening."

He did provide evidence. You just refused to see it. Your inabilities to see what you willfully choose not to does not render the evidence extinct. It just makes you willfully ignorant.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115728 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 1:43 PM
"The pres you mentioned never acted as pompous as the 0.",/i>

President Clinton never acted as pompous as Obama?

What world are you living in?

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115729 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 1:56 PM
"At the risk of sounding racist to your broken meter, I would say, and I think many would agree with me, that Zero doesn't know his place."

Vile, I don't think you are racist. I just think you are blindly partisan and unwittingly like to give cover to the racists in your party because you share a hatred.

"He is not king of the US as he appears to think of himself."

What evidence do you have that Obama thinks of himself as a king? Is it the fact that he submitted himself to legitimate elections like all kings do (oh wait, they don't)?

"Saying he will submit a bill on immigration and demand congress vote on it immediately is the clearest indication I can think of. Who does he think he is that he thinks he can order congress to do anything?"

When either Bush (both father and son) or Reagan made demands of congress did you think of that as a clear indication that they thought of themselves as a King? Or did you realize that was a phrase of speech and give them the benefit of the doubt?

"And then constantly threaten to write an executive order. Clearly he doesn't know what his position in the grand scheme of things is."

When other presidents used executive orders did you think they thought of themselves as Kings or did you use a different standard?

Seems to me that the only evidence you have that Obama doesn't know his place (where other presidents did) is your double standard. Why are you holding Obama to a different standard? Probably either racism or blind partisanship. In your case I think it is the latter but for others it is probably a mix.

Author: Umm Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115730 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 1:59 PM
"And the 47% wanting their freebees along with the low information voters got him in."

Might as well double down on crazy eh?

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115733 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 2:07 PM
Recommendations: 13
i've got to give it to you Felix...you've taken a simple complaint about Obama's lack of understanding of the Constitutional separation of powers of each co-equal branch and by flinging silly ad-hominems and strawmen successfully turned the topic away from Obama's faults, into a silly argument about you.

*you can pretend that the President has never Once!!! acted in a manner contrary to his position in government (as stipulated in the Constitution he swore to uphold)...
*you can pretend that everyone who objects to the President usurping the role of our Representatives and Senators are stupid Racists...
*you can pretend that his Narcissistic personality hasn't caused him to sound Arrogant, Imperial, dismissive of the citizenry...
*you can pretend that his fiscal recklessness (and feckless cronyism) just simply doesn't exist...or is someone else's fault.
*you can pretend that saying "others did it" all day long excuses this President from his own actions...

but, how long can you pretend to hold a shred of credibility or integrity of your own while doing the above?

call 'em like i see 'em

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115735 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 3:21 PM
Recommendations: 4
i've got to give it to you Felix...you've taken a simple complaint about Obama's lack of understanding of the Constitutional separation of powers of each co-equal branch and by flinging silly ad-hominems and strawmen successfully turned the topic away from Obama's faults, into a silly argument about you.

Thanks, Dog, but I'd rather it not be about me. That's not my doing. And I'm gobsmacked that a thread titled "Obama's Not My Daddy" that opines that the president doesn't know "his place," is "arrogant" and needs to start acting like "our subordinate" is actually about Constitutional separation of powers.

but, how long can you pretend to hold a shred of credibility or integrity of your own while doing the above?

Talk about strawmen! I'm not pretending any of the above.

Obama has exceeded his authority, as have all presidents in my lifetime. That's no excuse, and it's condemnable. But when people criticize one president for behavior that they've applauded in others it raises a question. When the behavior in question is arrogance, or not knowing one's place, i.e. being uppity, the racism alarm bell starts ringing.

I don't know about you, Dog, or Erik or Grouse, but there are lots of people in America who are uncomfortable, if not angry, that a black man is president. Some are better at veiling their racism than others. Others don't bother. It's not that criticism of Obama, per se, is racist. That's an ignorant retort intended to deflect criticism of racism, as is "the race card" rebuttal. There's tons of criticism of Obama that's not racist. You've mentioned some of it. I agree with you sometimes, but not others. But complaints about the Obamas' imperiousness simply doesn't pass the smell test.

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115741 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 4:50 PM
Recommendations: 22
As for Barack Obama, and I say this with no disrespect, but he’s just an employee. There’s this thing military people know as the “chain of command.” When it comes to American citizens, we’re at the top of the chain. Done. That’s the entire chain of command for an American citizen, and the President’s not in it. Should he presume to suggest a course of action, with a few rare and well-defined exceptions, it is just that – a suggestion.

<sarc>
dang, that sure sounds racist
</sarc>

....let me decode extremist Conservative concepts for you:

Separation of Powers - also known as "checks and balances", paraphrased as "the President supposes, Congress disposes"...
this is where the President presses his agenda, Congress (House + Senate) introduces bills through Committee, which are brought to the floor (hopefully) for a vote by all members. Variants of the same bill (conceptually) emerge from either House or Senate, and a working committee of Representatives and Senators try to iron out the differences, and bring a common bill to the floor of each for approval. Upon passing, the bill is forwarded to the President to sign or veto. (wash, rinse, repeat).

the President, head of the Administration, then administers the law, within the limits of the regulations approved and funded by Congress.

this is where we begin to vehemently disagree with President Obama, when he arbitrarily dismisses existing legislation, when he threatens to implement his own policy without benefit of the Legislative process.

But complaints about the Obamas' imperiousness simply doesn't pass the smell test. it's almost as if you and i are watching 2 different men...hmmmm....maybe it's that you prefer to ignore much of what you hear and see from him as it fits your political bias.

perhaps his narcissism leads him to refer to our Military as "MY Military", as he has done creates the perception of imperialistic tendencies. perhaps it is his disregard of Constitutional functions. Perhaps it is his Progressive roots and intrinsic belief that only a Central government in charge of our behavior, our sustenance, and our beliefs creates the impression of "imperialism", "king", or more properly "Authoritarian".

but it doesn't make anyone in this thread (or the linked opinion piece" racist...it just makes him a Statist.

if you wish to push back opinions like the OP, then "Racism" is the weakest, least useful argument you can make. and it is tiresome, miscast, and predictable.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115742 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/19/2013 7:40 PM
As for Barack Obama, and I say this with no disrespect, but he’s just an employee. There’s this thing military people know as the “chain of command.” When it comes to American citizens, we’re at the top of the chain. Done. That’s the entire chain of command for an American citizen, and the President’s not in it. Should he presume to suggest a course of action, with a few rare and well-defined exceptions, it is just that – a suggestion.

<sarc>
</sarc>

Not to me.

And to think you were complaining of straw-man arguments.

Author: hondodog Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115747 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 2:18 AM
sad. quoting from the OP link:

<sarc>
</sarc>

and Felix' reply:
Not to me...And to think you were complaining of straw-man arguments.
strawman? the original point of discussion? the writer you deemed racist? i would think that was exactly on topic...LOL

tired.
old.
weak.

Author: Vile Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115748 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 4:16 AM
"We're talking about "the deciderer" and the "war president" right? I'd say his administration was characterized more by hubris than humility."

I don't think it was characterized by either really but it certainly wasn't characterized by arrogance and narcisism. I don't know anyone but you who would say that and your meter is clearly broken.

"I think there's an underlying reason for that perception that has more to do with your biases than with his actions. Behaviors that are otherwise unremarkable, if not expected of a president, for some reason chafe when it's Obama."

LoL. Not only do you lack self-awareness, you apparently lack any normal awareness of things around you. There are a billion articles on what a narcicistic and pompous jerk this guy is. No one denies it except partisan lefties. There is no ominous underlying reason for my accurate perception of reality.

"Methinks though protesteth too loudly. First, I rarely call remarks racist, not "constantly," and only those that hit racist notes. For example, and second, saying a black president "doesn't know his place" for acting like pretty much every other president smacks of racism. It's a "nice" way of calling him "uppity." And third, I completely understand why being called on this makes people queasy... and angry."

No, you know what it is? It's you! All that racist crap is always at the top of your mind. Someone says Zero thinks he is king and you translate it into uppity 'N'. Someone says healthcare and you turn it into witch doctor. Who does that? Who thinks that way?

I'll tell you who thinks that way. Men who like to dress up in white sheets at night and roam the countryside with torches looking for uppity people.

No one else around here seems to be thinking in those terms except you so it makes it all mighty suspicious doesn't it? You call people racist way too much. Methinks it is to somehow divert suspicion. The way you go right to it and always have it on the top of your mind is very suspicious indeed.

My suggestion to you would be to quit making disgusting, baseless accusations. It is comtemptuous, dirty, slimey and it is really starting to look like a projection and cover for some really sinister thoughts.

Cheers,

Vile
NEVER SAY DIE!!!

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115755 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 8:26 AM
There are a billion articles on what a narcicistic and pompous jerk this guy is.

That includes his wife. I was no longer a fan of Oprah Winfrey when she endorsed O for president. She had told her fans for years and years that she would never endorse a president. Once she did that, I no longer watched her show. But what the president and his wife did to Oprah Winfrey after they used her is unconscionable. They dumped her after the election. They have done this to many people. They use them for political gain and then toss them out like old shoes. Oprah did not come out for him after this last election. It makes you wonder, what is the true character of these people?

Author: iamski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115756 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 8:42 AM
I was no longer a fan of Oprah Winfrey when she endorsed O for president

In speaking of Obama Oprah proudly spouted "He's a uniter not a divider". What was painfully obvious to all clear thinking Americans eluded her.

Author: cal8 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115757 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 9:14 AM
The pres you mentioned never acted as pompous as the 0.

Ah yes, Obama is the most arrogent of presidents...
Of course there is LBJ:
Once, as Johnson prepared to leave an airport after a speech, an army staff sergeant noticed that the President was heading for the wrong helicopter. He came up to LBJ, pointing: "Mr. President, that is your helicopter over there." Johnson threw one of his huge arms over the sergeant's shoulders and smiled: "Son, they are all my helicopters."

Or Bush Jr.:
Bush landed on an aircraft carrier when he arrived at the USS Abraham Lincoln in a Lockheed S-3 Viking, dubbed Navy One, as the carrier lay just off the San Diego coast. Navy One was then retired and put on display in a museum in Florida.

Or Reagan:
Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Or Clinton:
If the—if he—if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not—that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement. … Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true.

Presidents are cocky. All of them. What kind of an egomaniac thinks that he is the best person to run the USA? Nature of the beast. Dems don't think Clinton or Obama are cocky, Repubs think Reagan and the Bushs were humble. Both are full of it.

Charles

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115758 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 9:22 AM
The pres you mentioned never acted as pompous as the 0.

Ah yes, Obama is the most arrogent of presidents...
Of course there is LBJ:

Of course, if you can't score, you just move the goalposts.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115760 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 9:44 AM
Recommendations: 30
All that racist crap is always at the top of your mind. Someone says Zero thinks he is king and you translate it into uppity 'N'.

What's with you and the straw men? "King" or "dictator" references don't suggest racism. "Doesn't show enough subservience" and "doesn't know his place" references do. Do you really not see it?

President's take expensive vacations. Their wives wear fancy clothes. They push and often exceed the limits of executive power. Only when Obama does this is he "uppity." I suppose some of it is routine partisan nonsense. I know some of it is racism.

I'll tell you who thinks that way. Men who like to dress up in white sheets at night and roam the countryside with torches looking for uppity people.

Some people seem to have a strange notion of what constitutes racism. They think that if they aren't in the Klan and don't call black people the n-word, they're not racists. But then they yammer and rant about welfare queens and Obamaphones, Obama's arrogance and insufficient deference and the First Lady's fat ass and betray themselves. Then, when someone calls them on it, they get angry, say their accusers are "too sensitive" or are racists themselves.

My suggestion to you would be to quit making disgusting, baseless accusations.

That you refuse to see something doesn't mean its not there. The accusations aren't baseless. It's the behavior itself that's disgusting, not my drawing attention to it.

My suggestion to you is look inside your own heart and honestly confront your fears, prejudices and hatreds, and to stop blaming others for your own poor behavior.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115761 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:09 AM
Presidents are cocky. All of them. What kind of an egomaniac thinks that he is the best person to run the USA? Nature of the beast. Dems don't think Clinton or Obama are cocky, Repubs think Reagan and the Bushs were humble. Both are full of it.

Charles

Like most issues for libs when it comes to Obama, they become delusional.

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115763 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:16 AM
In speaking of Obama Oprah proudly spouted "He's a uniter not a divider". What was painfully obvious to all clear thinking Americans eluded her.

I think she learned her lesson. It was a hard lesson to learn though. She lost alot of her fans. Not because she endorsed O but because she did not give McCain equal time on her show. So very bipartisan, wasn't it?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115764 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:17 AM
and Felix' reply:
"Not to me...And to think you were complaining of straw-man arguments."
strawman? the original point of discussion? the writer you deemed racist?

Hi Dog,

My response referred to the poster's board comment, not the linked article or it's author.

Hence the straw man.

Nice try, though.

I'm not sure why you are going to all the trouble to defend such obviously racist remarks. Or make this about me, personally.

Let's back up a little.

Do you admit that there's a significant number of conservative racists? Or an increase in the expression of such racism since Obama's become president? (Let's leave the matter of progressive racists alone for the moment.) If so, do you think none of them post here? What kind of rhetoric would you expect a right-wing racist to use when discussing Obama? Most people know enough not to be explicitly racist, so they couch their racism in more ambiguous language, referring to "moochers" instead of lazy blacks, or calling Obama insufficiently "subservient" instead of uppity. This is so commonplace that political scientists and others even have terms for it: "coded racism" and "dog whistle" racism.

I admit that I don't know whether someone's use of such racist rhetoric is intentional or not. That's why I'll often ask if they are aware of how their words can be construes or misconstrued. Or mock, rather than accuse, (as I did in this case.) But when people double-down or triple-down, it seems clear that there is racist intent. But it's even more complicated than that. I don't think all racism is conscious. In other words, someone can feel that Obama's behavior is insufferably arrogant even though it's little different from any other president's and not know that their subjective feeling is racist. Most racism is emotional, even instinctual, not the product of conscious thought. And people who have these inner racist feelings tend to be the ones who complain the loudest about "false racism." In order to maintain their self-respect, they deny, deflect and project. Hard-core racists don't really care what other people think of them.

You can disagree with all that, but I thought it worthwhile to explain myself in hopes that you'd understand my position better, and stop mischaracterizing it.

Cheers,

Felix

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115766 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:24 AM
President's take expensive vacations. Their wives wear fancy clothes. They push and often exceed the limits of executive power. Only when Obama does this is he "uppity." I suppose some of it is routine partisan nonsense. I know some of it is racism.

Well, let's talk about the double standard here. Anne Romney was criticized for wearing a blouse that cost $990. MSM went bonkers over that. Michelle Obama wore a jacket that cost nearly $7,000 and MSM drooled over how gorgeous she looked.
We taxpayers are told to suck it up in this bad economy but O has the time to take separate vacations from his wife therefore costing all of us more money. His daughter spent one entire month in Mexico with friends. But, of course, unless you are paying attention, you did not know about this. Of unless you are a liberal and just don't care.
Bush stopped playing golf because he said we were at war and it wasn't the right thing to do.
O is off playing golf with Tiger this week. What does that tell you?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115767 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:26 AM

Exactly.

And while most perception of this or that president is colored by mere political partisanship, with Obama, much of it is undoubtedly racist. When people use terms to describe Obama as not simply arrogant, as most presidents are, but as "not knowing his place" or as insufficiently deferential or subservient, it clearly connects with racist notions of the "proper" social order and past racist rhetoric.

And some of it "isn't fair." For example, referring to President Bush as the "Chimpident" because of his simian smirk isn't racist, but using monkey references to describe Obama (or his family) clearly are. History and context matter.

Author: tgrmn Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115769 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:29 AM
"...Bush stopped playing golf because he said we were at war and it wasn't the right thing to do.
O is off playing golf with Tiger this week. What does that tell you?"

While the Deputy Presidenté jetted off to Colorado to ski.
Don't forget their Children's Taxpayer Funded Mexico Vacation.

No crisis... America is a Wealthy Contry.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115771 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 10:42 AM
Well, let's talk about the double standard here. Anne Romney was criticized for wearing a blouse that cost $990. MSM went bonkers over that. Michelle Obama wore a jacket that cost nearly $7,000 and MSM drooled over how gorgeous she looked.

This is somewhat of a digression, but okay. You're going to have to remind me of the context though. What was the occasion for the $990 blouse? The $7,000 jacket? I'm guessing the jacket was for the inauguration or some kind of state dinner. Michelle's noted for shopping at J.Crew, IIRC. The "politics" of first lady fashion is boring to me, but with regard to double-standards, how did the media cover the expensive gowns of previous First Ladies? What I'm getting at is that a comparison between what Michelle Obama wore to an inaugural ball to what Anne Romney wears on the campaign trail isn't really apples-apples.

We taxpayers are told to suck it up in this bad economy but O has the time to take separate vacations from his wife therefore costing all of us more money. His daughter spent one entire month in Mexico with friends. But, of course, unless you are paying attention, you did not know about this.

I admit I pay little, if any attention to this. How do the Obama's travel expenses compare to those of the Bushes or Clintons? What's suspect to me is that people seem irked that President Obama is enjoying (sometimes extravagant) perks of office that were taken for granted by previous presidents. You have to ask yourself why that might be. And it's not just about travel expenses. For example, it's difficult to imagine a member of Congress shouting "you lie" at President Bush during a State of the Union Address.

Author: iamski Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115772 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 11:01 AM
Has anyone noticed that only one poster in this entire thread has brought race into the conversation or used the word "uppity" to desribe our President.

Why is it that you hate black people? Has there been some event in your past that makes you such a racist? Have you ever sought help to address this hatred?

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115774 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 12:11 PM
Has anyone noticed that only one poster in this entire thread has brought race into the conversation or used the word "uppity" to desribe our President.

Actually, no one has used the term "uppity" to describe Obama. They know that "uppity" is racist, so they're more "politically correct" about it and say he doesn't know his place or position, that he's insufficiently subservient, or too cocky. I've noted that this is pretty much the same thing as calling him "uppity."

Why is it that you hate black people?

Awfully presumptuous of you. Upon what do you base that mistaken assumption? It seems to me that you are attempting to deflect criticism by attacking me personally.

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115776 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 1:48 PM
All that racist crap is always at the top of your mind.

As I've said before, 'racism' is almost always leftist code for 'I can't refute your facts or your argument'.

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115778 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 1:57 PM
What I'm getting at is that a comparison between what Michelle Obama wore to an inaugural ball to what Anne Romney wears on the campaign trail isn't really apples-apples.

They criticized Anne Romney simply because she was rich.

Author: xLife Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115779 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 2:21 PM
What I'm getting at is that a comparison between what Michelle Obama wore to an inaugural ball to what Anne Romney wears on the campaign trail isn't really apples-apples.
--

Okay. Who is "they?" And what does this have to do with people calling the Obama's arrogant or uppity?

Author: THEMATHISNEAR Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115780 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 2:42 PM
Recommendations: 35

But it's more nuanced than that, because there are plenty of rich on both sides.

If you're an insanely rich hypocrite like Warren Buffett, where you say that you want your taxes to be higher, but won't actually pay them, the Left loves you.

If you're a fairly wealthy golfer like Phil Mickelson who says he's tired of only being able to keep about 37% of each dollar you make, the Left pressures your advertisers to get you to shut up, even though it raises a pretty good question.

If you're a rich guy who earned his wealth through capitalism, the Left hates you, because that was earned, i.e., it wasn't granted by the Government. They will hate you and say you kill women, or say that you were lucky, or that you stole what should have gone to your employees.

However, if you marry an heiress who is five times wealthier than the guy who earned it, you're not really that rich.

Or, if you go to Washington with fairly limited means, yet become a multi-millionaire while only working as a Senator, despite several shady land deals in which you are implicated, the Left sees no problem.

Also, if you're a hack who peddles leftist global warming dogma and becomes a billionaire while doing so, even while you waste energy while hypocritically lecturing everyone else on their harm to the planet, and then sells out to Al-Jazeera while shafting your American employees, then you're one of the idols of the Left.

If you're constantly lecturing Americans on how the rich need to sacrifice more, while you and your family think nothing of making the taxpayer fund your lavish vacations, not to mention the goodies that you hand out to your cronies, then you're the best President ever.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115781 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 3:32 PM

Barack Owebama is the least humble president we've ever had, in my perception.

Notice the difference in Owebama's demeanor and this man's demeanor. And this man is more educated, more accomplished, more intelligent than Owebama could ever hope to be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFb6NU1giRA

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115783 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 3:55 PM
If you're constantly lecturing Americans on how the rich need to sacrifice more, while you and your family think nothing of making the taxpayer fund your lavish vacations, not to mention the goodies that you hand out to your cronies, then you're the best President ever.

Exactly!

Author: Brooklyn1948 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 115786 of 134514
Subject: Re: Obama's Not My Daddy Date: 2/20/2013 5:42 PM

Michelle Obama wore the J. Mendel $6,800 jacket in July, 2012.
She most certainly did NOT wear it to the inaugural ball in 2013.
And Anne Romney wearing a $900 blouse is the equivalent of me wearing a $9.00 blouse. She can most certainly afford it!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (57) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement