UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tconi Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308858  
Subject: obnoxious people Date: 2/5/2009 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 20
I do some part time work for a guy who enjoys being somewhat obnoxious.
So last week I was at his house, doing some work when he took a phone call.
He said Umm hmmm, yes, yes, I see - (then he put the call on speaker phone - it was a CC compnay offering to lower his rate)
He continued No, I would not be interested in lowering my interest rate. I am doing OK and I want to do my part to help others and the economy so can I get my interest rate RAISED by One Percent?

poor girl was flustered and repeated her *lower your interest rate* script - along with * i don;t think we raise rates, sir.
He repeated his I'll see that and Raise me one, maybe a supervisor could help me

So a supervisor gets on and the poor man was equally confused and confessed that had no sytem in place to raise one's interest rate at the consumer's request...but he would transfer him to *his supervisor* ...and then the call was disconnected.

peace & poking back
t
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vickifool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284802 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/5/2009 2:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I got a robo-call yesterday that said "If you have no debt, please excuse us for bothering you and push 9 to be removed from this list." I didn't stay on the line to find out what they were pushing.

Vickifool -- so now I'm on the list for people without debt, I guess.

Author: xtn Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284807 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/5/2009 3:27 PM
Recommendations: 12
They do have a system to raise one's interest rate the the consumer's request. The consumer need not call in. He must simply delay his payment until after the due date.

xtn

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284811 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/5/2009 4:22 PM
Recommendations: 0
Oh, that's funny! thanks for sharing.

Author: exeter17 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284822 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/6/2009 10:49 AM
I find that funny, and if that is the only obnoxiousness you get exposed to I'd consider you lucky :)

Wanna see my coworkers?

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284825 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/6/2009 4:17 PM
Recommendations: 3
Speaking of flustering those poor folks...

A couple of years ago, we kept getting offers for an American Exporess Blue Card, promising to give us 5 percent BACK when we used it! Since we were doing remodeling, costing a few thousand in materials, I finally decided to call and ask about that little deal. Discussion follows:

(Sweet young thing answers their phone.)

Me: "Hello. I'm calling to ask about that 5 percent rebate or whatever on a card."

She then explains it all, how I would get a 5 percent rebate each month, etc.

Me: "Well, I would pay my whole balance every month. Does that matter?"

(Pause....)

She: "Well, sir, in that case it would be more like ONE percent, and you would only get that at the end of the YEAR!"

Me: "Really? That seems odd. However, if I carried a BALANCE I would get the 5 percent?"

She: "Yes sir!"

"What would my interest rate be?"

"Oh, sir, it would be just 14 percent!"

"So let me get this straight. If I run up a balance, and pay 14 percent interest, you'd give me a 5 percent rebate? So I would end up PAYING you 9 percent?""

"Yes sir! Isn't that great?"

"I don't think so, but have a nice day."

And I hung up.

Ain't it amazing sometimes?

Vermonter

Author: determinedmom Big red star, 1000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284831 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/6/2009 9:17 PM
She: "Well, sir, in that case it would be more like ONE percent, and you would only get that at the end of the YEAR!"

Me: "Really? That seems odd. However, if I carried a BALANCE I would get the 5 percent?"

She: "Yes sir!"

That is really strange. I have a Blue Cash card and I've never once paid a penny of interest on it and I do get 5% back on certain purchases. How much you get back depends on what it is (some things give higher percentages than others) and how much you spend. Once you reach the threshhold you get the higher percentage back and carrying a balance is not required. We got over $2500 back for 2008 purchases....

Author: RetiredVermonter Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 284839 of 308858
Subject: Re: obnoxious people Date: 2/7/2009 5:58 AM
determinedmom:

I have a Blue Cash card and I've never once paid a penny of interest on it and I do get 5% back on certain purchases.

Wow! I'm impressed! And you say you DO pay off the total balance every month?

Vermonter

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement