Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 27
Since I have been lurking without writing for so long, I've accumilated things to say on a lot of issues. Thanks for the use of your little piece of bandwidth to get this off my chest....

1.) Cheerleaders. Why is it that on every single bulletin board, if you continue to have faith in and defend the subject of said board, you are guilty of cheerleading and this is a crime? Discussion/Debate of the issues is great, but to throw an accusation of cheerleading when you have nothing better to add is hysterical and I can't believe no one else has pointed this out.

2.) Stay or go? There are many reasons to change providers of any service. There are many reasons to stay. Your job is to continually review the conditions and decide what to do. Cowdad can not tolerate the risk of a C7/11 of B&H.com. Those that invest $20 a month can't tolerate $7 a month in fees. B&HPat and others can't find a service that fits their style better than B&H, So they're staying. The thing here is everybody in question is right.

3.) Price increases. This is a fact of life. Business are in business to make money. You each demand that the companies of the shares you hold do what is required to turn a profit. It is a waste of resources to go into business to trade four quarters for a dollar.

4.) Investment expenses. 2% is a good rule of thumb. By no means is this written in stone. Would you not pay, say 10% for a decent chance to double your money in less then 5 years? I just read where it costs $1 million to open a KKD store. The average store has revenues of $2.3 million. Is this unacceptable? You have to pay to play.

5.) $6.99/$14.99??? Good grief, I just dropped $12 at a SBUX store last night for me and my family. I guess I can quit buying cups of forced air to cover my B&H costs.

6.) Customers. Customers are expensive to maintain. It costs around $2 an account to just mail monthy communications to customers. Businesses are constantly culling their databases to save these costs. To expect a company to maintain your records for free if you are not generating enough revenue to surpass your maintenance is like your neighbor expecting you to allow him to put his BMW up on blocks in front of your house until he has the money to buy new tires.

7.) B&HPat. I've enjoyed your posts both here and in the XRX board. Thanks for many a good belly laugh.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement