Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ItGoesToEleven Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121219  
Subject: Obtaining old forms and instructions Date: 1/25/2005 7:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Dad appears to have under-reported income in 2001.
He skimmed right by line 41 - Alternative Minimum tax, as he had never "qualified" before.

1) How does one obtain "old" forms? Specifically, Form 6251 and the related instructions for the year 2001.

Thanks so much, 11
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFPMarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Home Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75790 of 121219
Subject: Re: Obtaining old forms and instructions Date: 1/25/2005 7:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
How does one obtain "old" forms? Specifically, Form 6251 and the related instructions for the year 2001.

If you can't get it through www.irs.gov try your local library.

Phil

Author: ItGoesToEleven Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75791 of 121219
Subject: Re: Obtaining old forms and instructions Date: 1/25/2005 8:30 AM
Recommendations: 0
got em' thanks!

nice to know they archive the old forms!

Author: Bob78164 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 75811 of 121219
Subject: Re: Obtaining old forms and instructions Date: 1/25/2005 5:26 PM
Recommendations: 1
ItGoestoEleven writes (in part):

Dad appears to have under-reported income in 2001.

I reply:

Did he under-report his income or his tax liability? If it's merely the latter, then you might consider letting matters slide. From your description, your father made a good faith mistake in calculating his tax liability. If this is the case, I would expect that the statute of limitations for the IRS to complain would run this April, and as far as I know, taxpayers have no obligation to correct mistakes on their original returns that were made in good faith. --Bob

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement