Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: mjdonadio Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 9208  
Subject: Occurrances during the game Date: 3/11/2002 5:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We have discussed the pawn stacking in the same file but in my cuurent game with my knights are stacked in the f file.

My discussion would be is it ever advantageous to have your pieces stacked (particularly same type) together in the same file?

My personal opinion is that if you leave the stacked pieces for too long it can spell trouble. But stacking in annd of itself does not necessarily cause you to loose the stacked pieces with some obvious moves.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: psuasskicker Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 790 of 9208
Subject: Re: Occurrances during the game Date: 3/11/2002 5:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My initial thought to this is that it often depends as stacking pieces can create different imbalances that allow for different advantages and disadvantages.

In one case though it is often extremely powerful to line rooks up along the same file. Better still is "Alekhine's Gun" which is both rooks stacked up along a file with the queen behind those rooks on that file. If lined up correctly, Alekhine's Gun can wreak havoc across a chess board as the opponent will often have to go to great lengths to neutralize it (unless they are lined up down a useless file).

- C -

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement