I received a notice from my broker that KEI is buying back shareholder accounts if they own less than 100 shares OR you can increase your holding to 100 shares.This program would charge me more to sell or buy than if I just bought or sold outside of the program, so it doesn't seem all that smart to me to do this.My question is, do I have to either buy or sell or can I maintain my position even though it's less than 100 shares?Thanks,e
I've seen other Corporations do this 'buy back or buy up' program before.Its an accounting thing for them. They'd rather have all stockholders having more than one share... But to answer your question, you can ignore it. You can hold what you have, neither selling nor buying, until you feel ready. They can't and wouldn't try to force you out... that's not why they're making this offer.I got the same paperwork for my KEI shares. I'm holding. If I had the free cash, I'd buy through the DRiP, not through their 'offer.'John (Long on KEI since WAY before the bubble, and the burst)
<<John (Long on KEI since WAY before the bubble, and the burst)>>me too, cost basis $4+/-, doesn't mean I don't kick myself for not selling at $100, still good co..