UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: piranhakeepers One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: OFF TOPIC: DEALING WITH A STALKER Date: 9/4/2000 12:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Sorry this is off topic. I just realize people here are very helpful and knowledgeable. I scowered the fool looking for a proper place to post this and could not.

Believe it or not I am being stalked over an eBay transaction. The post office damaged an item I sent to a customer. I offered a replacement. The buyer was obnoxious and demanded a refund plus extra money. I said I would not do that and all offers were now void. He returned the item anyway and demanded the money back. I offered to send it back if he sent me the shipping charges but I had already told him to further resolutions were possible.

I have not contacted him since except for once asking for his address again and another time stating that his actions were considered stalking and I needed to know his location to take legal action. This was 3 months ago and has not deterred his actions at all. So far I have received.

=13 BIZAARE Post cards coming both to my and my wife's name
=Countless Bizaare e-mails
=Phone Callsnot to pay for their transactions.
Filed an eBay fraud report which he failed to return to, to answer the facts I've put forth.
=Created aliases to bid on about 40 of my auctions and not pay.

I have notified eBay and AOL on each of these actions yet they take no action because they can't prove the alias are his and his stalking is a police matter.
=E-mailed hundreds of my customers under another AOL alias and posed as an eBay official telling customers AOL of course, doesn't even give a reply except a automated reply.

I have kept everything and believe this loon is not going to go away. He promises that he "is not going to go away" and also "to turn up the heat" during the winter months.

I have made no contact as I know this is necessary to establish this is a one-way stalking situation and not a mutual fight.

He is another state. What should I do? Is a PPO the first step? Where do I get one? Do my wife and I need separate ones? What other legal steps should I take?

I have looked on the internet for all information I can on him. I found that all his neighbors names and addresses are available on a website.

I am wondering if I mailed documentation of all his stalking activity to his neighbors that perhaps others could give me more information of his criminal activity. Also that perhaps, the information would get back to him and scare him off.

I am worried that perhaps that action would only provoke him or hinder my legal actions against him. I know it is not slander since I have all the documentation and the reader is drawing their own conclusion.

I also want to warn them that there is a dangerously unstable person in their community. Perhaps this is happening to others and I could strengthen the action taken against him or someone who is silent to speak out. I don't believe a criminal like this has only an isolated incident.

Please help me because I am tired of this and want my wife and I to be safe!

Sorry this is off-topic. I just believe there is a lot of knowledge at this board.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement