Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 768  
Subject: Offer recieved Date: 2/14/2009 11:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I got the reduced offer in the mail today. Think I'll pass.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: hiddenflem Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 752 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 2/15/2009 9:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
me too!

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 753 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 2/25/2009 8:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am putting in my limit sell order for $95.00 - that will give me 15% gain. I almost sold a few months ago for $99. I am not sure we will see that price again soon.

I am build ing cash right now.

Razz

Print the post Back To Top
Author: sky1948 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 754 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 3/20/2009 5:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I received Roche's new offer today for $95 per share. But we only have until March 25, 2009 to decide whether to take action.

For the last offer Genentech sent out a mailing recommending we not take the Roche offer as they believed it was too low. I'm wondering what Genentech thinks of this offer, but with the deadline of next Wednesday there probably isn't much of a chance that we'll hear from Genentech.

So what are your thoughts about this one?


Razz, on 2/25/2009 you said,"I am putting in my limit sell order for $95.00 - that will give me 15% gain. I almost sold a few months ago for $99. I am not sure we will see that price again soon.

I am build ing cash right now.

Razz
"


Are you taking this offer, or do you have hope for either a better offer or that the share price will increase above $95 even if Roche's offer doesn't?

Sue


Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 755 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 3/20/2009 8:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Roche's latest offer was $95 a share and Gen said it was okay.

The only reason why I declined this time is the broker fee is higher than waiting for Roche to complete the sale.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 757 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 3/21/2009 8:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I still have a sell order in for $95 and am holding out for the market to buy. I don’t like the $30 transaction fee from the offer because I pay $9.99 for my trades.

I will vote no.

Razz

Print the post Back To Top
Author: Razz037 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 758 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 3/21/2009 8:47 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I can’t help but wonder why people are selling in the $93 dollar range when there is an offer at $95.

Razz

Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 759 of 768
Subject: Re: Offer recieved Date: 3/22/2009 6:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The $93 is sure money now. The $95 is offered but subject to regulatory approval and as in the recent case of Dow/Rohm & Haas dependent on available financing.

It is normal when there is a tender offer for the price of a stock to sell for broker commission less than the offer. Wider differentials imply some uncertainty on the part of sellers that the deal will close.

Usually the company making the tender offer will take advantage of lower trading prices to acquire shares at a discount from the offered price. Failure to do so implies uncertainty on the part of the acquirer. They lack financing or they have their doubts too about the deal closing successfully.

These wide differentials in tender offers are somewhat new. They were also quite wide in the InBev/Anheuser Busch deal, which eventually closed. Rohm & Haas deal also seems set to close soon. In both cases, investors could have made a fast 20% on their money buying discounted shares and waiting for the announced deal to close. But not all deals close successfully.

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement