UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ClimbingOut One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Offers and Checks just won't stop! Date: 1/30/2006 8:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This is so damned frustrating. I've opted out of prescreened offers. I've contacted all my current accounts and requested them to stop. Months and months ago. And yet they just won't stop!

In this age of identity theft is it too much to ask that a credit card company doesn't send you a "convenience check" made out to cash in the amount of your full credit line with all the details of your account plainly spelled out?

Is it too much to ask that "prescreened offers" don't include information that can lead to IT?

I ask you, is it too much to ask that ridiculous sub-prime offering companies pay attention to the optout process? Why sure, I would just love to have a 24.99% interest rate card with a limit of $200 and opening fees of $159 plus uearly fees of $79.

So yet again I get to waste time talking to my account holders and receiving assurances that they won't send out any more checks.

ARGH! Go away credit card beast. Rot in the ninth circle of hell! Crawl back into the stench filled orifice you were born from.

On a lighter note: 14 months left until all non-mortgage debt is gone.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ApacheMech Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219769 of 308519
Subject: Re: Offers and Checks just won't stop! Date: 1/31/2006 2:21 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
On a lighter note: 14 months left until all non-mortgage debt is gone.

Well, good job on the debt reduction! Keep it up and I hope to be in your shoes in about 4 years or so.
Apachemech

Author: Yesbabe Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219818 of 308519
Subject: Re: Offers and Checks just won't stop! Date: 1/31/2006 1:27 PM
You're not alone - it's happened to me and I've felt helpless to stop it. I've been very concerned about it since I'm moving in a month and know the mailbox will be filled with lots of cc offers and checks for me long after I move away. Capital One is the worst offender. And I get lots of offers for a "company" - it was a website domain I had and never used, and it got out there as a company name and now I get business offers for it. So frustrating.

Sue

Author: DizChick Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 219992 of 308519
Subject: Re: Offers and Checks just won't stop! Date: 2/1/2006 9:45 PM
And I get lots of offers for a "company" - it was a website domain I had and never used, and it got out there as a company name and now I get business offers for it. So frustrating.

You don't even need a web address to receive business card offers. I get them all the time from AmEx, and I've never registered a website, or started a home business. I've never even had a business credit card through my employer.

DizChick

Author: lanshark Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 220023 of 308519
Subject: Re: Offers and Checks just won't stop! Date: 2/2/2006 9:19 AM
You don't even need a web address to receive business card offers. I get them all the time from AmEx, and I've never registered a website, or started a home business. I've never even had a business credit card through my employer.

True. A CapOne offer I just got didn't have any mention of a business name, just that I was a preferred Capital One cardholder.

But, sometimes they do come from lists - you know this when the little teaser plastic card has "Storm Front BBS" or your business name on it. (actually the BBS is gone in my case, but the name lives on because to get some Microsoft software I use I must be registered as a "business")

- Lan

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement