Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8310  
Subject: Officially, the villain is ... Date: 12/11/2012 10:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
SPOILERS for Star Trek Into Darkness (I really think there should be a colon in there, but whatever)

John Harrison.

http://www.startrek.com/article/check-out-new-star-trek-into...

Who the hell is that? Apparently, he was one of the crew who was nearly suffocated by Khan in Space Seed. So, it seems like there is a Khan connection, without him actually being Khan. One speculation I've seen (hard to even call it a rumor, really) is that Harrison is actually related to Khan somehow (perhaps a descendant of the superhumans) and wants revenge after Starfleet kills Khan in the alternate timeline. (Of course, that John Harrison looked more ethnic (Latino or Italian, perhaps) than this one does.

And, while unofficial, another source is reporting that the blonde woman in the trailer is a young Carol Marcus.

So, it does kind of seem like they're touching on past stories, they're not just copying them (if this is all true, we may not even see Khan, except maybe one scene where he's killed). So, it could be interesting.

dsbrady
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8259 of 8310
Subject: Re: Officially, the villain is ... Date: 12/11/2012 10:57 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Or it could be meh.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8260 of 8310
Subject: Re: Officially, the villain is ... Date: 12/12/2012 11:41 AM
Abrams interview:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/12/jj-abrams-talks-star-...

The man can certainly sling it.

Ken

Author: dsbrady Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8261 of 8310
Subject: Re: Officially, the villain is ... Date: 12/12/2012 2:14 PM
I'd be OK if I live the rest of my life without seeing another article/review/preview say that a Star Trek movie is "warping into theaters".

As far as him "slinging" it, I think he's earned some goodwill with how the previous movie turned out. Complain all you want about "Lost," but he basically didn't have much to do with that after the first season (if not the pilot), so any faults with that probably don't lie with him. From what I've seen, he's good at telling stories in a 2 hour format (the Lost pilot, the first Star Trek movie, even "Super 8" -- even if it was more of an homage to / rip-off of Spielberg, etc.).

dsbrady

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 8262 of 8310
Subject: Re: Officially, the villain is ... Date: 12/12/2012 2:23 PM
"Complain all you want about "Lost," "

I'm currently more aggrieved by his inability to do right by "Fringe."

Kinda like "Alias" - terrific beginning, often interesting and satisfying middle with some clunker plot developments, but no real finish.

And that seems to cover other endeavors like "LOST" as well. He didn't have to supply a "finish" for the first ST movie, since it is ST after all, and we fans of it all carry a lot of it in our heads and do not expect actual endings ("All Good Things ..." notwithstanding).

We'll see. Maybe this one WILL be the cat's pajamas. Who knows?

Ken

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement