UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1954907  
Subject: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I wasn't on here when this happened but to me it was the most stunning thing I have ever seen on television.

Remember when Obama said to Candy Crowley during the debate: "Look at the transcript."

How did he know she had that transcript in front of her? Was that explained? Is it normal for the moderator to come prepared with supporting documents for potential claims made in debates? Is it normal for them to bring any documents besides the questions and debate schedule? If it is normal, is it normal for the President to have advanced knowledge of the debate moderators resources? Please help.

Mark
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837392 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Remember when Obama said to Candy Crowley during the debate: "Look at the transcript."

---------

Don't we often say things like, "look at the Constitution?"

I don't know about you, but I don't know a single person that has a copy of the constitution on them at all times. I certainly don't have.

AM

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837396 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:50 PM
Don't we often say things like, "look at the Constitution?"

I don't know about you, but I don't know a single person that has a copy of the constitution on them at all times. I certainly don't have.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting. So your explaination is: When Obama looked at Candy Crowley, gestured towards her with his hand and said "get the transcript" he was just using a figure of speech and it was merely coincidental that she in fact had the transcript in front of her? Is that right?

Mark

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837398 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:52 PM
Interesting. So your explaination is: When Obama looked at Candy Crowley, gestured towards her with his hand and said "get the transcript" he was just using a figure of speech and it was merely coincidental that she in fact had the transcript in front of her? Is that right?

Mark

---------

I would think so, yes.
Even if Romney had said it I would think so.

AM

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837399 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:53 PM

AM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I should also point out how that is a terrible analogy since Candy Crowley actually DID have a copy of the transcript to a speech Obama gave in the Rose Garden.

Mark

Author: SGIZ1 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837400 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:53 PM
It was staged, everyone knew the question would come up.

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837402 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:55 PM
I should also point out how that is a terrible analogy since Candy Crowley actually DID have a copy of the transcript to a speech Obama gave in the Rose Garden.

Mark

----------

And you know without a single shadow of a doubt that Obama knew this, right?

AM

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837404 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 12:58 PM
It was staged, everyone knew the question would come up.
I have no doubt that may be true. However there are always questions that everyone knows will come up. Isn't it extraordinarily odd that the moderator would have a stack of transcripts? I mean I expect her to go out of here way to defend Obama but bringing supporting documents was beyond shocking to me. Especially since it seemed clear that Obama knew she had those documents.

Mark

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837410 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:05 PM
Recommendations: 2

AM
No I am just saying it seemed clear from his body language that he was motioning for her to grab something in front of her instead of using a figure of speech.
FORGET THAT FOR NOW
Let's say he WAS using a figure of speech and he didn't actually know she had those transcripts........why would she have transcripts of a speech Obama gave from the Rose Garden printed out and sitting on her desk?

Mark

Author: JeSuisHistoire Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837413 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:08 PM
Recommendations: 3
<I wasn't on here when this happened but to me it was the most stunning thing I have ever seen on television.>

You must have missed Cheryl Ladd's debut on Charley's Angels

Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837421 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:19 PM
You must have missed Cheryl Ladd's debut on Charley's Angels
...and Lynda Carter in "Wonder Woman".

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837424 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:22 PM
"I don't know about you, but I don't know a single person that has a copy of the constitution on them at all times. I certainly don't have."

I do. There's a free iPhone app for that.

Ken

Author: kenm47 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837425 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:24 PM
"It was staged, everyone knew the question would come up."

And everyone knew that Romney would blow it as he did?

What a morot Willard was/is.

Ken

Author: Jeanwa Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837427 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:27 PM
Recommendations: 7
How did he know she had that transcript in front of her? Was that explained? Is it normal for the moderator to come prepared with supporting documents for potential claims made in debates? Is it normal for them to bring any documents besides the questions and debate schedule? If it is normal, is it normal for the President to have advanced knowledge of the debate moderators resources? Please help.

========================================

Crowley did not have a copy of the transcript.

How did they know that Romney was going to take exception to the statement that Obama called it an act of terror in the Rose Garden? If Romney hadn't questioned Obama there would have been no reason to reference the transcript. Romney thought he caught Obama in a big lie and doubled down.

Was Obama talking to Romney or Crowley when he said "get the transcript"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/us/politics/transcript-of-...

Crowley was going from memory, not reading the transcript.

jean

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837432 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:38 PM
Recommendations: 8
WOW. I think this Transcriptgate issue needs to get a lot more exposure. Do you think we can impeach Obama for it?

I'm guessing that Crowley's copy of the transcript was probably handed to her by secret Kenyan Muslims. Has anyone bothered to ask to see Crowley's birth certificate? . . .

The stench of Republican desperation and irrelevance is overwhelming.

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837440 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 1:59 PM
WOW. I think this Transcriptgate issue needs to get a lot more exposure. Do you think we can impeach Obama for it?
I guess that means we can put you in the camp that thinks it is normal for debate moderators to bring a stack of documents supporting positions that may be taken in the debates? Alright.

Mark

Author: AngelMay Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837467 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 2:49 PM

AM
No I am just saying it seemed clear from his body language that he was motioning for her to grab something in front of her instead of using a figure of speech.
FORGET THAT FOR NOW
Let's say he WAS using a figure of speech and he didn't actually know she had those transcripts........why would she have transcripts of a speech Obama gave from the Rose Garden printed out and sitting on her desk?

Mark

Maybe she wanted to be prepared to point out that in the Rose Garden speech he said blah blah blah and ask why he's now saying blippty blippty blip? Maybe she wanted proof of what was actually said. That's called being prepared as a moderator. I would have done it. Why not?

AM

Author: markand4504 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837470 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 2:53 PM
Maybe she wanted to be prepared to point out that in the Rose Garden speech he said blah blah blah and ask why he's now saying blippty blippty blip? Maybe she wanted proof of what was actually said. That's called being prepared as a moderator. I would have done it. Why not?

AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay fair enough. Maybe we should just scrap the moderator and have opposing fact checkers. That would be more interesting.

Mark

Author: LurkerMom Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837491 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 3:17 PM
The stench of Republican desperation and irrelevance is overwhelming.

What desperation? Who cares? Just because Candy had a transcript ready and waiting to pounce with when the prez excitingly said, where's the transcript, doesn't mean a thing. I mean who would think otherwise? lol. My God, how stupidly obvious.
You lefties are a hoot with your feigned indignation.

Author: jerryab Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837495 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 3:23 PM

You mean you don't remember the conservatives handing out copies of the US Constitution for people to carry at all times--and they claimed THEY always had it with them? Guess Romney is NOT a "true conservative". And that explains why he lost (another "white RINO" sacrificed).

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837523 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 4:22 PM
Recommendations: 2
Crowley is a White House correspondent; it is probable she was physically present when Obama spoke and thus didn't need a physical transcript.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1837533 of 1954907
Subject: Re: Oh Crap I Almost Forgot Date: 11/16/2012 4:31 PM
Recommendations: 4
I wasn't on here when this happened but to me it was the most stunning thing I have ever seen on television.

How did he know she had that transcript in front of her?

She had the transcript in front of her? Where are you getting that from?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement