UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MikeMiser Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 169  
Subject: Re: Naive question Date: 4/27/2012 9:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Oh, forgot to say, I generally agree with you about the annuity.
You want to leave most of your money in your funds so it can continue to grow. The annuity would have to be attractive for me to switch to it.

I do however have 1 annuity from a previous employer that I am collecting. I took there deal because it had an employer kicker boost on the front end that made it better than any annuity I could get on the street for the same gross starting amount.

The company did this so they could annuitize there outgoing stream of money and not have to guess where the market would go.
Because I took this before the 2009 market collapse I made out better as it stands today. Time will tell if I made the right choice or not.

Again this was only 25% of my total retirement investments.

Best of luck.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement