UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (48) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: LibraryAnn Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308367  
Subject: Re: I'm being selfish! And I hate it! Date: 9/13/2003 11:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Oh my. You guys are so right. Yes, we are sick in love puppy dogs after 4 years (3 living together, 1 1/2 with a mortgage together). But we don't really talk about money. We have to work out where we stand financially NOW.

The thing is, I am an absolute control freak when it comes to money. I control all of our finances in MSMoney, so I do know where almost all of our money goes. He gets an allowance, and I don't have any real spending money needs, other than an occasional pack of smokes (I know! I know!). Anyway, because I am so obsessed with our finances he stays away. We don't really talk about it, he just trusts me to take care of it. I hand him the mortgage bill and say, "Its time to write the check."

He seems fine with this, but apparently I'm not okay. I know he's "onboard" only because he doesn't use his credit card anymore (confisacted) and he really wants to be out of debt. But he leaves it up to me to take care of it. He just says, "Snowball it, don't fight the snowball." He insists he doesn't care if "his" money is used to pay off debt on my CCs, because he sees it as our money. And I believe him, so he isn't the one with the problem at all. It's me. I feel guilty because this past year with me working part time he's basically supported me.

He's on a business trip right now (woah is me), but when he gets home next week I'm going to sit down with him and tell him how I feel.

And the idea about him getting a card in his name to make a balance transfer--brillant! That is so freaking obvious I can't believe I didn't think of it! I'm sure he'll be fine with that. Thanks so much!

laura

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (48) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement