Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fouraker Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 26  
Subject: Oh no! I'm the only one here! Date: 6/6/2000 8:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My search for obscure, potentially money-making stocks led me to Flagstar, and I'm now a stockholder. Somebody must have requested this board and then not posted. Anyhow, looks fairly safe, and dividends...

Watch it plummet now!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: elvis363 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 26
Subject: Re: Oh no! I'm the only one here! Date: 6/11/2000 11:18 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hmm. Just looking in while on vacation here in Michigan. All I can tell you is that:

a. A P/E of about 4.0 in this sector is a steal

b. Tom Hammond KNOWS how to make money

c. The expected fall in mortgage rates later this year will help FLGS, and

d. I'm in!

Elvis

Author: SharronC Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 26
Subject: Re: Oh no! I'm the only one here! Date: 4/25/2001 6:27 PM

It's my understanding that Flagstar preferred pays 9.9%. True? And if so is there a reason why it's so high? (Far be it from me to complain about a too high dividend, but there is usually a reason. Are they in trouble?)

D. Cunningham

Author: Undrwriter One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 7 of 26
Subject: Re: Oh no! I'm the only one here! Date: 7/7/2001 1:51 PM
The bank is financially sound and profitable. Preferred stock means just that. Preferrential treatment when it comes to dividends and protection.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement