Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Oh, so wrong... The new grip came today...

But instead of the 3M 200MP tape being on the back of the grip, it was a loose piece, cut to fit...

Attempted using it, placed it on the camera after an alcohol wash, dry with a q-tip..

Attempted to wash the new grip..alcohol beaded on it as tho it were water! back is very smooth, thought for a second it had a protective coating.. Nope..

Tried placing the grip onto the provided 3M tape... was not really sticking.. would not stay in place, ends lifting.. gave up, removed it and the tape provided..

Cut an approximate shape from the earlier used carpet tape, applied the new grip, and now that seems to be holding...

I'd tried reusing the old grip with the new tape, but it's stretched, is bigger than the space now...

Carpet tape.. The new wonder glue... Maybe...

I hesitate to use MEK or acetone as a cleaner, pretty nasty stuff... If this doesn't last, maybe back to Barge Cement... Also could be messy...

I doubt the eBay seller has any insights, likely just a vendor...

Such fun...
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement