UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FlippoHip Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308482  
Subject: Re: Hello There! Date: 12/12/2012 12:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
OH!! You meant personally how are we doing. Well, since we last spoke:

My life went to crap and has slowly been recovering.

I left the Air Force in 2004 and DH got stationed in England, which meant I got to meet up with Pippney Jane at the Knit and Stitch shows in London twice, and a couple of times we met up for lunch/shopping. (yay!)

I had a baby. She is now a sassy 8 year old and she cracks me up.

I couldn't find a job for about 2 years. I was able to stay home with my daughter, but my technical skills suffered and when I started back to work, I had to start at the bottom and work my way up.

We moved back to the states and I took a very low paying job with a really witchy boss. I was there for about 1.5 years before getting hired on as a Defense contractor.

My ex-husband and I got a divorce in 2010. It was a bad marriage from the start and I was stubbornly trying to make it work. He had anger management issues. I eventually gave up when he viciously and loudly cussed me out in Walmart for saying I liked colored lights on the Christmas tree instead of white lights. I mean, that wasn't the only instance, that was just the icing on the cake. The last straw. The final block in the Jenga tower...etc. (boooo!)

I had some really awful jobs and some really wonderful jobs.
I got hired on as Civil Service in 2009 and that was my favorite job of all times. It was also very low paying. So I eventually took a better paying job that sucked donkeys and made me very sad and paranoid. I worked hard and got promoted out of that crap position into a great position in computer security...which I love. Awesome co-workers. Awesome boss, another promotion pending for next week (yay!)

I bought a house. (yay!)

I had a boyfriend for about 2 years. I really liked him, but he wasn't willing to put any sort of effort into the relationship and it just sort of faded away. Been broken up about two months now. (booo)

I still have the same cat (Sophie). She is like Dick Clark. She is >14 years old and still has a little kitten face. She got really grouchy though.

I am sort of in work/life nirvana....or close to it really. I love my job, my little house makes me happy, my little girl is happy, well adjusted and is doing great in school. She bounced back from the divorce like a champ and has never made below an A on her report cards. She is getting a kitten for Christmas. If I die suddenly, Sophie, the older cat will be your prime suspect. Seriously.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

TMF Credit Center
The Motley Fool Credit Center arms you with real tools and simple messages, that will help you in every credit situation.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement