UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60186  
Subject: Ohio Date: 5/5/2013 1:17 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
"It was 43 years ago this weekend that students protesting the Vietnam War were shot and killed by the National Guard at Kent State University in Ohio."
Still hard for me to believe this happened in America. Our own Tienanmen Square
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young video - "Ohio" (1970) Kent State University Shooting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnOoNM0U6oc

(I actually like the Neil Young video - "Ohio live" better, but the above video has photos from the day)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=...!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: CCinOC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49376 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/5/2013 7:36 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
With Homeland Security stockpiling ammunition, ostensibly to keep ammunition out of the hands of the citizenry, a KSU-style incident could happen again.

Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49377 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/5/2013 8:10 PM
Recommendations: 4
CCinOC analyzes,

With Homeland Security stockpiling ammunition, ostensibly to keep ammunition out of the hands of the citizenry, a KSU-style incident could happen again.

The US Military has been stockpiling far larger quantities of ammunition since World War II. That hasn't prevented anyone to fully load a large-capacity clip (e.g., Virginia Tech, Aurora CO, Sandy Hook, etc.)

intercst

Author: 0x6a74 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49378 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/5/2013 9:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
"It was 43 years ago this weekend that students protesting the Vietnam War were shot and killed by the National Guard at Kent State University in Ohio."

Still hard for me to believe this happened in America. Our own Tienanmen Square

i was surprised more and worse hadn't happened sooner....

but think the comparison to Tienanmen unfair : more cock-up than crack-down, 4 dead v 400 (?)
...not to mention we were first!

.... i remember kids in Berkeley with machine guns ...if they'd had ammo (which they might have) and someone had yelled, "boo!"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoples_Park#15_May_1969_.E2.80...

Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49379 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/6/2013 7:16 AM
Recommendations: 6
When is Obama rounding up Christian conservatives into re-education camps, disarming them and taking away their retirement savings? Wing-nuts told us that was his agenda so we better vote for the aged, flaky McCain and the arrogant, greedy Romney.

Author: MisterFungi Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49383 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/6/2013 10:44 AM
Recommendations: 10
<When is Obama rounding up Christian conservatives into re-education camps...>

Please don't feed the trolls. They have sullied a number of useful, civilized TMF boards. They are not interested in reasoned discussion. They are not interested in learning from others. They contribute nothing useful to the enterprise. Please leave them alone.

Author: lindytoes Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49385 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/6/2013 11:08 AM
Recommendations: 2
Please don't feed the trolls. They have sullied a number of useful, civilized TMF boards. They are not interested in reasoned discussion. They are not interested in learning from others. They contribute nothing useful to the enterprise. Please leave them alone.

I believe TMF boards are going downhill because of the trolls. I've only been here a few years and I can see the difference. It is exponential, too. Are they creating doppels or just bringing in wingnut friends? I don't know and don't care because the result is the same.

I agree completely. Put them on ignore. I got into it will tele recently because climate change/disruption is my passion. That was a mistake.

Author: InconclusiveFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49387 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/6/2013 11:15 AM
Thx for posting this and remembering. While the electric version is powerful, I think the stark simplicity of Neil doing this solo acoustic tells the story in an even more memorable fashion.

"In the liner notes of his 1977 anthology, Decade, Young wrote: "It's still hard to believe I had to write this song. It's ironic that I capitalized on the death of these American students. Probably the biggest lesson ever learned at an American place of learning. My best CSNY cut. Recorded totally live in Los Angeles. David Crosby cried after this take."

http://rockhall.com/blog/post/7711_crosby-stills-nash-young-...

Also, Jonathan Demme, who directed a recent Neil Young documentary titled, "Journeys," talks here about "Ohio," and talking to the families of the 4 students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gowhziGpb7Q

Author: salaryguru Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49401 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/6/2013 9:10 PM
Recommendations: 1
When is Obama rounding up Christian conservatives into re-education camps, disarming them and taking away their retirement savings?

I hope soon.

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 49421 of 60186
Subject: Re: Ohio Date: 5/7/2013 8:18 PM
<<When is Obama rounding up Christian conservatives into re-education camps, disarming them and taking away their retirement savings? >>

Heh, heh! I'm guessing this will be a part of any visit to the doctor's office under Obamacare.

We are bound to be subjected to a variety of liberal opinion under the guise of "medical advice."

Examples might be inquiring if people have firearms in their homes and discouraging people from keeping them, which is already required of doctors in some areas as I understand it.

Seattle Pioneer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (10) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement