UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ClubJuggle Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 665  
Subject: Re: Credit rep. clean-up scam Date: 2/15/2000 8:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
OK guys. I deserve part of the blame for this mess.

I have known Steve for quite some time. When he reeived the email about this scam, he asked me about it. He did say at that time that he was 95% sure it was a scam but wanted to make sure.

I confirmed that the about he had received was in fact a scam, but asked Steve to post his question here so that the existence of such scams could be discussed in this forum. I asked Steve to remove any of the original contact information from the post and he complied with that request.

When I first saw that the original message got pulled I was surprised... now that I am aware of the reasons, and think about it, it makes sense. While I know that Steve is not in any way associated with this scam, there is no way the staff at TMF could have known that, and I applaud them for taking the conservative route and removing the post.

TMFTippyK, I think you do a great job, and I would be among the last to second-guess you. Thank you for everything you do!

Steve, we are aware that this is a moderated forum. I have visited other financial forums on the Internet. Most of them are overrun with Pay-to-surf spam, MAKE.MONEY.FA$T scams, and people hyping penny-stocks to make a quick (and illegal) buck. Fortunately, the staff here at the Fool get rit of that stuff for us so we can focus on what we're really here for.

I know you're new to the forum, but I'm not sure what you intended to accomplish by reposting.

I apologize for any misunderstandins caused as a result of my request.

Fool on!
-Terry
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (14) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement