UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: KenAtPcs Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1490  
Subject: Re: Where to RWOL Date: 10/19/2003 8:07 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
OK here's a second list:

- Albuquerque
- Las Vegas
- Phoenix
- Tucson

That's pretty interesting. When we decided to move for our early retirement a few years ago, we also made up a list of possibilities. Here was our list:

- Albuquerque
- Las Vegas
- Sacramento
- Tucson

I lived in Phoenix for a few years, and didn't like it that much. It was TOO hot, and the traffic was terrible. I don't know if they've fixed the latter or not (this was about 15 years ago), but I'm pretty sure it's still too hot. ;-) Tucson & LV are supposed to average about 5-10 degrees cooler in the summer; they might still be too hot, though.

We started at the top of our list (which was not arranged alphabetically as above), and never got past the first city: Sacramento. Not exactly inexpensive, but we managed to find a place that was priced just a bit above the house we sold. We could have found a similar house for about $100k - $125k less in the other 3 cities, but we felt we had to give up too much for that. We like being closer to the ocean, the more moderate climate (well, compared to LV & Tucson), and being just 6-7 hours from LA (family). Being 2-4 hours from Tahoe, Yosemite, Sequoia, Mt Shasta is also a big plus. In short, we love it here. Someday, though, I'm going to get around to checking out those other 3 places. :-)

Ken
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (18) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement