Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
OK - I finally looked:
"Although silver itself is not considered toxic, most of its salts are poisonous, due to the anions involved. Exposure to silver (metal and soluble compounds) should not exceed 0.01 mg/M3 (8 hour time-weighted average for a 40 hour week). Silver compounds can be absorbed into the circulatory system, with deposition of reduced silver in body tissues. This may result in argyria, which is characterized by a greyish pigmentation of the skin and mucous membranes. Silver is germicidal and may be used to kill many lower organisms without harm to higher organisms." - copied from ABOUT.com
I knew that silver drangees were off the market for quite a while (I like them and had looked for them) and are still not available in CA. I also had understood that silver had been pounded into a foil in India for centuries to wrap medicines.
From Wikipedia: "A 2012 systematic review reported that topical silver showed significantly worse healing time compared to controls and showed no evidence of effectiveness in preventing wounds infection.[13] A 2010 Cochrane systematic review concluded that "There is insufficient evidence to establish whether silver-containing dressings or topical agents promote wound healing or prevent wound infection".[4]"
However - it helped me heal when nothing else was effective.

A/L
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement