UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ishtarastarte Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886519  
Subject: Re: Do It Yourself Auto Repair Date: 3/23/2013 11:31 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 27
Ok, I was a little flippant earlier because I was in a hurry.

I used to enjoy your posts on the SE board. I loved your stories about building your business, taking care of your customers and suppliers and how the guy that bought the business from you didn't maintain your level of responsibility and didn't do as well as you did.

That was relevant, interesting, even amusing.

We've had good conversations on the MA board in the past (C has her 2nd dan, now, btw!)

But, when I want pictures, I go to sites that have pictures:
Facebook, Pinterest, ICanHazCheezburger, etc. I see literally hundreds of these a day from those sites. Almost all the ones you link to, I've seen before in one of those places.

It's NOT what I come here for.

The Fool does not allow us to embed pics. It's set up more for conversation - words.

Occasionally, someone posts a link to a pic, often within the context of a conversation or with a brief description of why they are sending people there.

This happens more often on social boards than on the financial topic boards. If someone posts a link to say, Jesus and Mo comic strip on the Atheist Fools board, no one cares.

I think maybe people wouldn't get so upset if you maybe put them all in one post.

"Hey, here's your funny LBYM pics for the day!" and then put your one-line zingers as a descriptor before each link.

You've been here long enough to remember the days when LBYM was so busy a person couldn't keep up with the posts.

Now, it's almost a wasteland.

When I see 15 unread messages now, I get excited, "Ooooo, maybe someone has started up a new controversy (or maybe dug up one of the old ones)" [one million dollar SAHM thread, anyone?]

And then to realize that many of them are from you, and they are just links to pics I'm not going to link on is pretty much a let-down.

I don't WANT to pbox you, at least in part because of the aforementioned interesting, relevant, amusing posts you used to do. I know you're capable of it.

And in general, I don't like to pbox anyone.

Sometimes people like telegraph or MadCapitalist or KahunaCFA will temporarily make it in there when I just can't take their stuff anymore, but then I feel like I'm missing part of the convo, and end up taking them out again.

But you aren't adding to the conversation, or even really starting one.

If you really spend hours a night digging up pics (WTF, really? maybe you need a new business to keep you busy?) for here, put 'em all in ONE easy to ignore post. That way, your audience gets to see them, and the rest of us can get back to talking about food stamps, SUVs and stay at home parents.

Ishtar
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Russia Collapsing Again?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement