UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Jim2B Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 137263  
Subject: Re: I'm confused. Date: 10/6/2012 12:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Ok, just wanted to make sure I'm clear - Romney will raise taxes.

Apparently you are not clear.

Obama has raised taxes (those increases have not yet taken effect) and must raise them again (I think the health care bill has approximately 43 tax increases in it). The increased taxes you pay next year are all Obama's doing and not Romney's.

Romney promises to adjust to tax code. The net of the adjustment will approximately be zero. Some will pay more, some will pay less. If you currently have a high marginal rate and have a lot of non-business deductions, I expect you will likely pay more (this is NOT typical of someone already paying AMT).

Now you are claiming that because you personally might pay more in taxes, that Romney's plan is a "tax increase". Yet out of the other side of your mouth you claim Obama isn't raising taxes.

Obama's plan IS A TAX INCREASE for everyone (rich, middle class, and poor)! Marginal rates go up, there are fewer deductions and credits, and there are entirely new taxes to be paid (such as medical device taxes).

If you are worried about paying more in taxes, you will certainly do better under Romney than Obama regardless of how much you earn.

As for Obamacare improving your situation...
I beg you, please check some facts before spouting the democrat party line. Check how such plans affected the medical profession in Massachusetts and Washington. Increased wait times, decreased quality of care, increased cost of insurance, decreased pay to service providers (such as yourself).

Please do NOT take my word on this. Ignore the democrats and republicans for a while and go educate yourself. You are seriously about to screw yourself worse than you can possibly imagine.

Imagine having to pay more in taxes and malpractice insurance and ONLY medicare patients and try to earn a living. This is what you are about to do. Also remember that most employees and companies will cease buying insurance so even more people will come to you with none.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement