UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 737246  
Subject: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 11:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 24
The other day a local monthly magazine did its Best Doctors in Town issue.

http://sbmag.net/home/

No way to get to articles unless you subscribe I guess. Or at least not until the October issue is replaced with the November issue.

Yours truly was listed among best anesthesiologists and DW was listed as among best pathologists. I guess that makes us some sort of power couple?

The list was generated via questionnaires sent out to the medical community. Outside of that, don't know what other cut offs were used. So being the occasional jackwagon to surgeons and patients, I guess they figured out I'm actually trying to do what is best for them.

DW just tells it like it is. That and her subspecialty (heme path - blood diseases) is very rare in private practice. Usually associated with teaching hospitals.

JLC
Print the post Back To Top
Author: AOLFoolman100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648084 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 12:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Congrats JLC!! That's pretty neat.

Author: CCinOC Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648122 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 2:34 PM
I have a warm and fuzzy place in my heart for anesthesiologists. When I was trying to give birth via so called natural childbirth--which I now think is a hoax perpetrated against pregnant women--the anesthesiologist who was summoned appeared to me as an angel. I swear, he had a white glow about him as he entered the room. ;-)

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648123 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 2:37 PM
Recommendations: 2
the anesthesiologist who was summoned appeared to me as an angel. I swear, he had a white glow about him as he entered the room.

Sounds to me like you were seeing one of Art's dead relatives in an NDE.

--fleg

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648125 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 2:40 PM
Recommendations: 3
When I was trying to give birth via so called natural childbirth--which I now think is a hoax perpetrated against pregnant women

I was there holding my ex's hand during the entire 57 hour (or so it seemed) birthing process. DD was her first child. My ex weighed 105 lbs pre-pregnancy and DD was 10+ lbs. She may have been 10 lbs, 6 oz IIRC. No doubt my ex can recall it to the gram.

DD was delivered vaginally. All the while, I thanked God for making me a male. I don't see why we're not extinct. I can see why a woman gives birth once, but after the experience I have no idea why they do it again.

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648128 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:06 PM
the anesthesiologist who was summoned appeared to me as an angel. I swear, he had a white glow about him as he entered the room.

Sounds to me like you were seeing one of Art's dead relatives in an NDE.

Sounds to me like more RECF latent racism, note why is the glow white?

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648135 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:36 PM
Nice JLC. It's good to be recognized at the top or your profession.

I just noticed you have the same initials as Jesus Christ. But "don't get a big head about it" (Han Solo to Luke Skywalker in Episode IV).

decath

Author: fleg9bo Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648138 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:39 PM
I just noticed you have the same initials as Jesus Christ.

So you're saying that Jesus Christ had a middle name that started with "L"?

Lamar?
Lionel?
Lorenzo?

--fleg

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648139 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:40 PM
Recommendations: 1

Lamar?
Lionel?
Lorenzo?

--fleg

Oh c'mon errghhhh really?

Lord!

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648140 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:42 PM
wolve
I was there holding my ex's hand during the entire 57 hour (or so it seemed) birthing process. DD was her first child. My ex weighed 105 lbs pre-pregnancy and DD was 10+ lbs. She may have been 10 lbs, 6 oz IIRC. No doubt my ex can recall it to the gram.

DD was delivered vaginally. All the while, I thanked God for making me a male. I don't see why we're not extinct. I can see why a woman gives birth once, but after the experience I have no idea why they do it again.

OMG! 57 hours! What an ordeal. DW was in labor for 24 hours (no drugs) before the doc insisted a C-section. She cried as she made the decision to accept the C-Section, not because of the pain (which was horrible I'm sure) but because of the scar she would have on her lean little belly.

She went into labor with child #2 knowing she would have another C-Section according to what the docs said back in 1985. I don't remember the reason. But she did not have to go through the pain the 2nd time around.

The 3rd child was the easist on DW. I wrote a check to the lawyers for the adoption and took her home 1 day after she was born. <g>

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648142 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:45 PM
low
Sounds to me like more RECF latent racism, note why is the glow white?

At least the glow was white. If they come back from an NDE with a pink glow, we know where they WERE headed!

http://boards.fool.com/not-2828-but-i-think-it-was-pink-flam...

decath

Author: decath Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648143 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:46 PM

Lamar?
Lionel?
Lorenzo?

--fleg

From JLC's pics, he looks like a "Leopold" to me.

decath

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648144 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:47 PM
Recommendations: 2
At least the glow was white. If they come back from an NDE with a pink glow, we know where they WERE headed!

Author: wolverine307 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648146 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 3:51 PM
OMG! 57 hours

I was being facetious.

But the truth of the matter was because of the size of the child and the size of my ex, it did present some problems. The process seemed to stall and she couldn't dilate sufficiently to allow DD to pass into the birth canal.

Since the doctor-to-doctor conversation was held outside my earshot and my focus was on my ex, I don't know all that was discussed, but I do remember the salient point of there was professional debate as to the next step and the process seemed to stall.

Fortunately, it all ended well for everybody.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648153 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 4:13 PM
"So you're saying that Jesus Christ had a middle name that started with "L"?

Lamar?
Lionel?
Lorenzo?

fleg

--------------------------

Lord, Light, Love

The Trinity

Artie

Author: lowstudent Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648154 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 4:42 PM
Lord, Light, Love

The Trinity

Artie

J L3 C

IF he comes back to deliver the word in rap, he is ready.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648164 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 5:59 PM
Congratulations sir!!! This is an honor.

Raising a glass in cyberspace for you.

JediG

Author: warrl Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648197 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/10/2012 10:45 PM

Lamar?
Lionel?
Lorenzo?

No, his middle name was Horatio.

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648235 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 8:56 AM
congrats JLC!

you can put me to sleep anytime :)

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648240 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 9:02 AM
I just noticed you have the same initials as Jesus Christ. But "don't get a big head about it"

Don't worry, its also the same as Jimmy Carter.

JLC

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648246 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 9:11 AM
... but because of the scar she would have on her lean little belly.

For awhile it was in vogue to do a tattoo over the scar. Usually some kind of ivy/rose type of thing.

To me the funniest tattoo is the sun around the belly button. When they're pregnant it looks like its going supernova.

She went into labor with child #2 knowing she would have another C-Section according to what the docs said back in 1985. I don't remember the reason.

Back in '85 the thought was, once a c-section, always a c-section. Not so much now. But some women have birthing hips and some don't.

Pain management has come a long way since then. You can't totally eliminate it, but do have it under better control where they are able to get up and walk the next day relatively comfortable.

JLC

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648249 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 9:19 AM
...you can put me to sleep anytime :)

Funny, true story.

Was flying home from a trip. Sitting in the aisle seat minding my own business. The guy next to me strikes up the conversation, maybe he saw the book I was reading, who knows.

He was a preacher. He asked what I did for a living. Anesthesiologist. I then said, we have something in common. He gave me a puzzled look. I said, we both put people to sleep for a living.

He had a good laugh about it.

JLC

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648251 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 9:21 AM
I just noticed you have the same initials as Jesus Christ. But "don't get a big head about it"

Don't worry, its also the same as Jimmy Carter.

JLC

>>>>>>>>>>

I always thought the middle initial was H. as in Jesus H. Christ.

Author: JLC Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648252 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 9:22 AM
...the anesthesiologist who was summoned appeared to me as an angel.

I'm sure if you called me at 2AM after a hard days work, I might appear more of a devil. I do try to keep that in check but......

My joke to the boy friend/husband/fiancee/baby daddy after the epidural is in place. It is now safe to get within arms length. She probably doesn't feel like castrating you now.

JLC

Author: LuckyDog2002 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648253 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 9:23 AM
apparently there are no original thoughts anymore....it's all an illusion.

Someone else thought to write a wiki about JHC. Believable or not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_H._Christ

Author: Hochizen Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648265 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 10:07 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 648284 of 737246
Subject: Re: OK, Now I'm Bragging Date: 10/11/2012 11:45 AM
Numbingly good news, eh?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (27) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement